Prims vs Land Impact

Waiomao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Aloha all,

I have a quick Prims vs Land Impact question. Researching it takes me down a rabbit hole of decade-old Forum posts.

I'm considering buying a mainland parcel. Before I do so, I'd like to figure out what my costs will be. I currently rent a quarter sim for L$9728 per month. Given today's exchange rate, I'm paying $41.86 USD per month to rent.

The Mainland Pricing and Fees page indicates a monthly charge of $67 USD for a 1/4 sim, which makes buying mainland look like a bad deal. Hmmm. But then I noticed that it allows 5625 Prims Per Parcel. In our mostly mesh world the line between Prims and Land Impact is super blurry, but I would love to have a parcel with 5625 LI! Heck, even a 1/8 mainland sim allows 2812 Prims, which would be much more than my current cap of 1250 LI. Buttttt... only if Prims equate to Land Impact, which they likely don't since the invention of mesh.

SO: how do I know what the LI cap will be on mainland parcels? Is there some sort of equation that can be used to figure this out?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Your current allowance is 1250 LI for a quarter region. Sounds like a Homestead, right? That's a different sim from Mainland. Different performance (for better and worse).

But yeah, there's a formula. That page shows a full Mainland region has 22,500 LI, and a full region has 65,536 sq.m. So a parcel with X sq.m. will have X *22,500/65,536 LI (always rounded down).

There are relatively rare Mainland regions with double prims on resident-owned parcels; those parcels are expensive.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.