Wondering about Inithium Kupra, just how popular is it?

Tazzie Tuque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have noticed a lot of advertisement for clothing items for Inithium Kupra bodies lately.  I just want to get an idea of just how popular this body is and why it seems to be of interest to a lot of ladies in SL.  I also noticed that most of the fashion designs for this body are pretty skimpy and sexy in style.  So this has made me even more curious as to what is happening with this new body.  

The body is designed to be mostly t!ts and ass and their owners (seem to) want to be mostly t!ts and ass. Creators react to that by making skimpy stuff.

Personally I don't like the body because it lacks proper proportions but diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 8

I've seen a couple of surveys that show it is increasing in market share, there is one here and a couple I have seen done by individual clothing makers place it even higher in popularity. When it first came out you really only could get skimpy clothing for it but as designers have picked up the dev kit I am finding it easier to get a wider range of clothing. I bought it at the introductory price for a bit of fun and wear it sometimes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I have noticed a lot of advertisement for clothing items for Inithium Kupra bodies lately.  I just want to get an idea of just how popular this body is and why it seems to be of interest to a lot of ladies in SL.  I also noticed that most of the fashion designs for this body are pretty skimpy and sexy in style.  So this has made me even more curious as to what is happening with this new body.  

https://api.flickr.com/photos/inithium/galleries/72157716966840857/

https://api.flickr.com/photos/inithium/galleries/72157716966840857/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RitaCallisto said:

Alternatively if you can't spend as much on another body atm, you can find deformers that basically give you a similar over-exaggerated shape on other bodies. There is one at WIP by Small that is pretty good.

You don't need deformers to make the body  appear smaller. if you want smaller out the gate try this one. https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/2021/02/06/inithium-kupra-kups/

Or make your own shape for original Kupra mesh. https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/2020/10/26/inithium-kupra/

OR go big https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/2021/02/25/saturday-sale-💵💸/ OR bigger https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/2021/03/07/core-skin-fair-2021/

26 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

You don't need deformers to make the body  appear smaller. if you want smaller out the gate try this one. https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/2021/02/06/inithium-kupra-kups/

Or make your own shape for original Kupra mesh. https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/2020/10/26/inithium-kupra/

OR go big https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/2021/02/25/saturday-sale-💵💸/ OR bigger https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/2021/03/07/core-skin-fair-2021/

Small is the brand lol. I think if people want "small" they normally don't go for these types of bodies.

• Like 1

i was told that Inithium Kupra was the new Belleza - its for the curved girls or what i've also heard the new 'bimbo' body. I originally used Belleza and switched to Kupra - you basically shape it how you want it. I have seen some kupra bodies and wonder "....uhhhhh okay?" and others where it's like "...oh she thic thic..". But i 100% agree in terms of the clothing. Like i try to correspond my dress style in real life to my avi, (wearing a lot of black and white) and it's very difficult to find clothing that matches my taste. 

I was scrolling through marketplace and was like "WHY IS EVERYTHING LATEX AND  FISHNETS". but there are some cute outfits. ☺️☺️

It's new, FOMO, it's completely BoM, it's pretty easy to use once you get over the fact that there's no alpha HUD(and someone even made a 3rd party alpha hud), the features in the HUD are  good. You can do a lot of different looks with it because its rigged well, you can do a custom normal and specular map. It's basically the Legacy of curvy bodies appearance wise and it has a rabid fanbase already. Is it proportional? Not really, but it still looks nice, its about as mainstream as a curvy body like that can get. I grabbed it when it was on sale on a whim, and its a well done body and the support its gotten so far is out of this world. It's really rivalling Legacy with how fast its picking up support, most fairs already have a few items for it.

The more it picks up steam, the more creators are picking it up and the clothing is starting to normalize now that some of the bigger brands are picking it up, so it's kind of a snowball effect, more people are getting it and more people are bugging creators to make things for it.

• Like 1

I guess I posed this question to find out what others are thinking about this body, because personally I would never "want" to look like that.  My preference is a more slender but somewhat curvy look.  But I do make clothing for SL so wanted to see what folks were thinking about this body so I can gage if it is worth making for.  And it looks like it just may be.  I do not make T & A type clothes, as a rule  but more every day type of look. So wanted to get a take on whether that would work.

Thank you all for your responses :)

2 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I guess I posed this question to find out what others are thinking about this body, because personally I would never "want" to look like that.  My preference is a more slender but somewhat curvy look.  But I do make clothing for SL so wanted to see what folks were thinking about this body so I can gage if it is worth making for.  And it looks like it just may be.  I do not make T & A type clothes, as a rule  but more every day type of look. So wanted to get a take on whether that would work.

There's definitely a market for more everyday wear for Kupra, that comes up every once in a while on their discord. It's pretty easy to mix and match to come up with a regular look, but its even better when someone is making complete sets.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

You don't have to change your style of creating clothes. Plenty like a more classy sophisticated look. I do. 

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 1:26 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

The body is designed to be mostly t!ts and ass and their owners (seem to) want to be mostly t!ts and ass. Creators react to that by making skimpy stuff.

Personally I don't like the body because it lacks proper proportions but diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess.

I feel the body is designed to make fun of certain body types rather than provide service to them. It's not as 'over the line' into the space of 'Blaxploitation' as their older SKIING stuff was/is, but it is still over the line and into the realm of mocking parody.

The curves are too extreme. But... maybe 'past the line of reasonable' by only 10% or so...

That noted... it's the closest you can get to thicker curves in SL, so it's gaining ground anyway.

And I felt Belleza Freya was too extreme at first also - it took me a few months of shape dial tweaking to get it to what I wanted. If I can make a realistic 'thick curves' person with Kupra, my opinions on it will change.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I feel the body is designed to make fun of certain body types rather than provide service to them. It's not as 'over the line' into the space of 'Blaxploitation' as their older SKIING stuff was/is, but it is still over the line and into the realm of mocking parody.

Parody - yes, that's what it looks like to me. It's like a super-exaggeration of certain traits of certain ethnic groups. Too thick in the hips and thighs, in comparison with my usual Hourglass. I like the shape of Freya even better and would have bought that instead of HG, if Belleza wasn't dead-in-the-water.

Ebody Curvy is nice but there's so little clothing available for it, it doesn't seem to be worth getting at this stage. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The curves are too extreme. But... maybe 'past the line of reasonable' by only 10% or so...

That noted... it's the closest you can get to thicker curves in SL, so it's gaining ground anyway.

And I felt Belleza Freya was too extreme at first also - it took me a few months of shape dial tweaking to get it to what I wanted. If I can make a realistic 'thick curves' person with Kupra, my opinions on it will change.

I have played with the Kupra demo for a bit and the waist is ridiculously small. It is too narrow and no amount of body fat, body thickness, or even belly size will make it look better. 
And I am not even talking about the boobs, butt and legs which at the smallest size are still unusably disproportionately large. 

I own (among other bodies) Freya, SLink HG and Legacy and I am getting really nice results with all of them in terms of thickness of legs, boob size, etc. And it does not make me look as if my body could snap in two at the waist at any given moment.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:59 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

I have played with the Kupra demo for a bit and the waist is ridiculously small. It is too narrow and no amount of body fat, body thickness, or even belly size will make it look better. 
And I am not even talking about the boobs, butt and legs which at the smallest size are still unusably disproportionately large. 

I own (among other bodies) Freya, SLink HG and Legacy and I am getting really nice results with all of them in terms of thickness of legs, boob size, etc. And it does not make me look as if my body could snap in two at the waist at any given moment.

Yes I don't feel it is a body for a natural curvy look at all, and I do own it. It is cartoonish. Freya or even Legacy is the better choice for a natural curvy body. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 12:45 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

Yes I don't feel it is a body for a natural curvy look at all, and I do own it. It is cartoonish. Freya or even Legacy is the better choice for a natural curvy body. 

Perhaps. Freya is actually not enough for some natural body types - though it does cover a decent variety.

Someone like Niki Minaj for example, is closer to Kupra than Freya - but Kupra doesn't dial down well to capture her look right. Elements start to flatten out rather than just get lesser. Tampering with leg muscle to smooth out the thighs makes the shins too thin. And the waist being so extremely thin is were it really breaks for capturing people like Minaj.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Niki Minaj

Is a beautiful well proportioned larger woman, not at all like I see with Kupra.  To me Kupra is overly exaggerated and very cartoon like rather than realistic.  That is one of the reasons I posed the question about popularity.  It is SL so I guess cartoon like figures are part of that for some,  I just wasn't sure how many.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Is a beautiful well proportioned larger woman, not at all like I see with Kupra.

Exactly. The model basically looks like they are trying to do 'exploitative parody' of her body type.

At best this is an accident.

At worst, it's like those 'interracial' clubs and the armies of 'big black thug' avatars in SL that are both about false and racist stereotypes.

I seriously hope it's the former - just a cartoonish style with no malice. But it's link to 'SKIING' makes me suspicious.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.