Buying new land and location

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

54 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

So I recently bought a new parcel on auction. I know the map is still broken, but this isn't really a dig at the map.

Is there a way for me to figure out which continent my parcel is on without the map? There has to be, right?

What region, if you don't mind telling us? I'm sure someone knows the answer. :) 

EDIT: I just found an old Continent Detector in my inventory, and have sent a copy to you. Wear it, TP to wherever, and look in local chat to see what continent you are on.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What region, if you don't mind telling us? I'm sure someone knows the answer. :) 

EDIT: I just found an old Continent Detector in my inventory, and have sent a copy to you. Wear it, TP to wherever, and look in local chat to see what continent you are on.

Thank You! I'm on Corsica!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Can I have one too? 🎁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Can I have one too? 🎁

Sure, I just sent a copy to you. It's just a little prim with a script inside (full perm), so you can take the script out and put it in anything you wear. I used to wear it in my hair. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Ohh, me want one too. I always wonder what continent I am on. I used to zoom out, but now I can't do that. Why can't it be info about it in the map?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I just found an old Continent Detector in my inventory, and have sent a copy to you. Wear it, TP to wherever, and look in local chat to see what continent you are on.

May I have one too? Been looking for something like this for ages. Thank you so much!

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, Janet Voxel said:

So I recently bought a new parcel on auction. I know the map is still broken, but this isn't really a dig at the map.

Is there a way for me to figure out which continent my parcel is on without the map? There has to be, right?

So, just some tips in general -- you don't need to look in your email, where the Lindens have sent you a message that says "Congratulations," and tells you the name and location of the lot. Yes, they send one! 

You don't need to use a continent finder, although they are useful, and at Memory Bazaar in Ross, I have free ones I distribute with that same free script, in a little "compass" like object you can either put on land or hold in your hand as you fly around (or put the script in anything). It only does the known metaverse of the time of that script and not Bellissaria.

No, you don't need any of these things to find land you won on auction and can't remember where it is.

You can look on the viewer at the top under "world" and see "My Land Holdings" and click on that and get "MY LAND". The top panel shows the land you own as a sole owner. The bottom panel shows your contributions to groups on group land. You click on the link in MY LAND. You go there. If you have multiple parcels you own, the auction win should be on the top.

This may be in a different location on the Firestorm viewer, but likely still under "World".

Once you get on that land, you put out the Continent Finder if the map is broken and you can't zoom out to see the map and try to figure it out.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.