Teleporting together with gf

MrRomun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello. i was wondering if there is any hud or something that lets people teleport together. like if one clicks teleport then the other is auto teleported with them when the hud is active. or is there some way to allow that other person to control teleport for both?

Not that I know of. Maybe if they're collared and leashed with RLV. Other than that you'll usually just send a TP as normal, I don't know if it's perceived as an issue that anyone has bothered to 'fix'.

• Like 2

You can definitly do that with a RLV leash. If thats not your thing, you can probably find a leash with a hide function and only use it for that specific function.

Might be easier though to just send a TP invite, better for your complexity count too, not having to wear it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

You can definitly do that with a RLV leash. If thats not your thing, you can probably find a leash with a hide function and only use it for that specific function.

Might be easier though to just send a TP invite, better for your complexity count too, not having to wear it.

Rlv doesn't automatically TP them together.  When the TP is sent to the collar wearer, they automatically TP without getting a TP request if that is how it is set up.

I know of no function that allows 2 people to TP as one.

• Thanks 1

I was typing a long reply, but the page crashed when I should post, so I second @Rowan Amore

Here is the long post:

A forced teleport is only bypassing some steps. This is the ordinary teleport: Person 1 send person 2 a teleport invite, and person 2 get a blue pop-up message and must click to accept. That can take some time if person 2 are lagging, get incoming group messages or get something to deal with fast in RL.

The forced teleport let person 1 teleport person 2 without the blue pop up message. Person 2 do not get any notice about it and is teleported at once when person 1 wants it.

The leash let person 1 lead person 2 in the same region, but not through the teleport action itself.

We say "collar" but the scripts can be placed in anything with modify rights. It can be an invisible small prim attached to the avatar, or something that does not look like a collar. Like an armband.

Maybe I am mistaken and there really are some command that let one avatar follow the other, but the blog of Wendy Starfall does not have that info.

"Force teleporting can be done by Owners, Kidnappers and, if additionally enabled, Trusted avatars on the collar. A force teleport is performed like any other teleport offer through the contact list. The "force" part means that the avatar receiving the offer cannot decline it." https://www.wendystarfall.com/rlv.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was typing a long reply, but the page crashed when I should post, so I second @Rowan Amore

Here is the long post:

A forced teleport is only bypassing some steps. This is the ordinary teleport: Person 1 send person 2 a teleport invite, and person 2 get a blue pop-up message and must click to accept. That can take some time if person 2 are lagging, get incoming group messages or get something to deal with fast in RL.

The forced teleport let person 1 teleport person 2 without the blue pop up message. Person 2 do not get any notice about it and is teleported at once when person 1 wants it.

The leash let person 1 lead person 2 in the same region, but not through the teleport action itself.

We say "collar" but the scripts can be placed in anything with modify rights. It can be an invisible small prim attached to the avatar, or something that does not look like a collar. Like an armband.

Maybe I am mistaken and there really are some command that let one avatar follow the other, but the blog of Wendy Starfall does not have that info.

"Force teleporting can be done by Owners, Kidnappers and, if additionally enabled, Trusted avatars on the collar. A force teleport is performed like any other teleport offer through the contact list. The "force" part means that the avatar receiving the offer cannot decline it." https://www.wendystarfall.com/rlv.html

There is a follow command but as you said, it doesn't extend to following a TP.

I only mentioned collar as those are commonly used with the rlv but yes, the rlv can be in anything you wear.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Rlv doesn't automatically TP them together.  When the TP is sent to the collar wearer, they automatically TP without getting a TP request if that is how it is set up.

I know of no function that allows 2 people to TP as one.

Ahh I did not know they had to manually send the TP still. Only have been on the "receiving end" a couple times :)

• Like 1

You can do this with RLV, actually. Just not with a regular old collar.

You'd need to wear something that fires off with CHANGED_TELEPORT, which sends a message to something the other person is wearing. You could send a message by HTTP, then when the girlfriend's device gets the message, fires off the RLV teleport command. Still a slight delay, but much faster than clicking.

And if you wanted true equality, you could have it communicate back and forth so you could teleport each other that way.

Despite the method, as Rowan mentioned, there is nothing that will teleport 2 people "together".  Teleporting is an individual avatar function.  Even if the two people leave one place at the exact same moment, they are not teleporting together and likely will not arrive at the same moment.

• Like 2

Hello @MrRomun

Contrary to comments here, YES YOU CAN teleport with your GF together using this Follower HUD:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Follower-TP-Pro/19951976

You only need to purchase it for yourself then from its folder on your inventory, transfer Follower + TP User (or something like that) to your girlfriend. Tell her to attach it then track and follow you. There is a button where you input SLURL to the place you wish to TP together then voila! My husband and I have been using this for years and we believe it is a couple must-have! Feel free to IM me in-world if you have problems using it.

Follower%20%20TP%20en%206.jpg?1594697831

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.