Jump to content

FLICKR PAGES - are you aware what flickr visitors can do with your erotic pictures?


Recommended Posts

Well, many residents have a flickr page. And they don't upload only g-rated pictures, but often erotic or even explicit ones which reveal much of their sexual preference to the public.  That's what flickr says: "Many Flickr users have chosen to offer their work under a Creative Commons license, and you can browse or search through content under each type of license." What is Creative Commons? If you want to know more, please read more on flickr. Anyway, some levels of this license allow downloaders do to almost everything they want with your pictures.  Well, I wonder what license level Flickr sets as default, when people join.  What licence type did you choose? Well, downloaders might respect licenses or they don't.  That's not the point.  It's what  nasty things downloaders might do with our erotic pictures behind locked doors.  I doubt that we are always aware of it, when we publish such rather private material.

 

 

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Well, many residents have a flickr page. And they don't upload only g-rated pictures, but often erotic or even explicit ones which reveal much of their sexual preference to the public.  That's what flickr says: "Many Flickr users have chosen to offer their work under a Creative Commons license, and you can browse or search through content under each type of license." What is Creative Commons? If you want to know more, please read more on flickr. Anyway, some levels of this license allow downloaders do to almost everything they want with your pictures.  Well, I wonder what license level Flickr sets as default, when people join.  What licence type did you choose? I mean, does it matter for you at all, what downloaders do with your pictures?

 

 

Default, I believe is Copyright, all rights reserved unless you choose to set it differently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Default, I believe is Copyright, all rights reserved unless you choose to set it differently.

Yes, it's the default. I read it on Flickr. But I read also they have for example 88947891 pictures online alone under the Creative Commons/Attribution license. A brief definition: "You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your copyrighted work - and derivative works based upon it - but only if they give you credit." That means other can edit it in any way and post everywhere. Now imagine this: they change your picture to something evil or nasty and give you credit. Not a very comfortable thought. 

 

Edited by Doc Carling
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Doc Carling changed the title to FLICKR PAGES - are you aware what flickr visitors can do with your erotic pictures?
1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

Yes, it's the default. I read it on Flickr. But I read also they have for example 88947891 pictures online alone under the Creative Commons/Attribution license. A brief definition: "You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your copyrighted work - and derivative works based upon it - but only if they give you credit." That means other can edit it in any way and post everywhere. Now imagine this: they change your picture to something evil or nasty and give you credit. Not a very comfortable thought. 

 

So what is your point exactly?  Why would I set any of my pictures to allow that?  Why would you?

Also, in reality, any picture can be downloaded easily off of Flickr, edited and reposted somewhere else.  No one would really know it had been done unless someone pointed them to it.  Nothing is safe on the internet.

 

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Also, in reality, any picture can be downloaded easily off of Flickr, edited and reposted somewhere else.  No one would really know it had been done unless someone pointed them to it.  Nothing is safe on the internet

That's what I meant. A license is made of words. And words are easy. I admit my entry is perhaps to much about license stuff. My point is that downloaders don't print erotic photos out to wrap their sandwiches in them.  They mostly use them to have some fun. Isn't that a disturbing imagination for you?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had someone take pics off my Flickr and use them in their SL profile claiming its them...so someone taking my naughty pics for their "masty folder" or whatever...I really don't care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

 

That's what I meant. A license is made of words. And words are easy. I admit my entry is perhaps to much about license stuff. My point is that downloaders don't print erotic photos out to wrap their sandwiches in them.  They mostly use them to have some fun. Isn't that a disturbing imagination for you?

I have more important things to worry about than who's touching themselves using my photographs as inspiration. On the other hand, that suggests my image(s) was/were considered thought provoking.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

   The default setting when uploading to Flickr is all rights reserved. That is, the best protection you can have from a legal standpoint - practically it means nothing though. You've made the images public, the public do with them as they will, that applies to everything on the Internet. Even if you find out someone uses your pictures even though you didn't give them permission, it's not easy to have anything done about it - a similar, and much more pressing issue, is that people have their pictures nicked off of RL social media and reposted on sites for pornography, often even if they are fully dressed in those pictures.

   Besides, what does it matter? Unless you're somehow monetising your pictures and someone else is leaking them for free or selling them illicitly, in a manner which impacts your own sales - which I'm pretty sure most SL Flickr users don't - it's hardly worthwhile bothering about.

   And also, if you put up nudes on Flickr it's an obvious form of exhibitionism, surely people potentially getting off to it isn't an issue.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

It's what  nasty things downloaders might do with our erotic pictures behind locked doors. 

 

12 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

They mostly use them to have some fun. Isn't that a disturbing imagination for you?

 

Honestly, if someone wants to enjoy themselves using any picture of my avatar, then I'm flattered they consider the picture worthy of such.

 

There is a big difference in someone getting off on a picture of basically a cartoon character versus any RL photos of me.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Anyone else wondering what the OP is doing with their Flickr pics?

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

If pictures you post to Flickr are set to be publicly available to Earth's nearly eight billion inhabitants, it's reasonable to assume that the licensing lingo will be widely ignored. The only teeth in the license are yours. For all practical purposes, if you don't find any violations, none have occurred.

Nasty people are perfectly capable of doing things with your erotic pictures behind locked doors without copying them. All I'd have to do is bookmark your Flickr page. I've seen your work in the forums. You needn't worry about me.

Let's look at this the other way round, too. What kind of nasty people post the kind of erotic pictures you worry about?

I'm bemused by your naïveté, Doc.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charalyne said:

I have more important things to worry about than who's touching themselves using my photographs as inspiration. On the other hand, that suggests my image(s) was/were considered thought provoking.

Yeah, like, actually, if I have photos up there like that, then this would be a compliment. :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Well, many residents have a flickr page. And they don't upload only g-rated pictures, but often erotic or even explicit ones which reveal much of their sexual preference to the public.  That's what flickr says: "Many Flickr users have chosen to offer their work under a Creative Commons license, and you can browse or search through content under each type of license." What is Creative Commons? If you want to know more, please read more on flickr. Anyway, some levels of this license allow downloaders do to almost everything they want with your pictures.  Well, I wonder what license level Flickr sets as default, when people join.  What licence type did you choose? Well, downloaders might respect licenses or they don't.  That's not the point.  It's what  nasty things downloaders might do with our erotic pictures behind locked doors.  I doubt that we are always aware of it, when we publish such rather private material.

 

 

This post makes me laugh so much.

Reminds me of how someone on a Facebook group I'm in took my real life school photo and put it onto the front of a train, because I am that ugly I look like a train.  When I was 15, I might have been upset. I laughed. 

People are so creative/destructive.

Everyone should have a hobby. And if they're doing whatever behind locked doors with virtual photos of our virtual selves, as least they're not on the streets causing mayhem.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, sandi Mexicola said:
1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Anyone else wondering what the OP is doing with their Flickr pics?

Not until you asked this question, lol! 

 

And now it cannot be unseen

image.png.e3af5051f73d69caa6e270b0c821cdcf.png

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

FLICKR PAGES - are you aware .... That anyone can screen cap anything using a program like gyazo.

*Good idea. Just screen capped her avatar logo.*

Edited by Doc Carling
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Charalyne said:

*screen capped your screen capping with MS Paint*

   Psst, your email address is showing .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...