Seeing things in technicolour

TruBleuz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone, last night I was using SL Viewer and  experienced some lag so as usual when I experience lag I had to restart but when I signed back in I noticed I wasn't seeing some things properly including myself and other people and while some things looked normal, others looked technicolour. I signed back in today and I am having the same issue, does anyone know how to fix this? 

If by "Technicolor" you mean the randomly rainbow-hued pixels resulting from corrupted cache textures, open preferences (Ctrl+P), go to the Advanced tab and click "Clear Cache" button and relog.

There was an issue with the last viewer update so it was rolled back, but it left a legacy of corruption.

Clearing your cache will slow things down a little as the textures need to be uploaded again, but it'll only mean a little bit longer seeing everything grey. Which is generally better then Technicolor.

@TruBleuz from the Grid Status Page:

Investigating - Some residents may be seeing texture corruption in the viewer (rainbow colors everywhere). This is caused by the viewer rollback yesterday. Please clear the viewer's cache (Me> Preferences->Advanced->Clear Cache) to fix the issue. We’re very sorry for this extra colorful side effect!
Mar 4, 08:01 PST

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.