Account password

Doris Johnsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Looking for the password for an alt account I used for a time.   I have forgotten the password (it's been that long).  In the past I used FireFox and FF stored my passwords, but now I use Vivaldi and Vivaldi stores none of my SL passwords.

I have looked in Win Credentials and they aren't there.  Any ideas how to find passwords in Win 10?  

Or is it a lost cause and I need to contact LL?

How DO I contact LL if this is the case. 

Edited by Doris Johnsky

3 answers to this question

Or, if you have been using Google Chrome, go to Settings >>> Passwords to see the full list of passwords that you have stored there.  Personally, I get paranoid about losing passwords so I use LastPass to save all of mine in the cloud.  Going forward, that's something you might consider.

On 3/6/2021 at 1:21 PM, Doris Johnsky said:

In the past I used FireFox and FF stored my passwords, but now I use Vivaldi and Vivaldi stores none of my SL passwords.

Is Firefox still installed?  If so, then just start it up and check the stored passwords.

On 3/6/2021 at 1:21 PM, Doris Johnsky said:

Or is it a lost cause and I need to contact LL?

How DO I contact LL if this is the case. 

The only thing LL will do is tell you to go to the login page and use the 'forgot password' function to reset the password.  

Nobody can retrieve the password for you.  Even if you click the box for the viewer to save it, the password is encrypted and thus not directly readable.  The password will also be stored encrypted on LL's servers, so they can't tell you what it is either.  That is a good thing -- you really don't want others to be able to easily get your password.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.