Is there any way to view original sign-up information?

FaintOutline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use two birthdays on the web, to avoid giving out financial information.    I have looked and looked and there seems to be no way to view, let alone change personal information.  Second life sign up fortunately does not involve your real name, so it is petty secure if you use an email without your name in it.

Is there a way or should I open a ticket to find out?

7 minutes ago, FaintOutline said:

I use two birthdays on the web, to avoid giving out financial information.    I have looked and looked and there seems to be no way to view, let alone change personal information.  Second life sign up fortunately does not involve your real name, so it is petty secure if you use an email without your name in it.

There is no way of knowing if you didn't record the info.  They won't even tell you via a ticket.  It is one of those things that they use for security checking if your account gets compromised or you forget your password and no longer have access to the email on file.

It is also used to determine whether or not you get access to Mature and Adult areas -- so they don't like it when people lie about that info.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FaintOutline said:

From Terms of Service

Except for certain Software or portions of the Websites which Linden Lab allows users to access without registration, you must establish an Account with Linden Lab to use the Service. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form ("Registration Data") and to use the account management tools provided to keep your Registration Data accurate, current and complete.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 1:46 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I forgot about that TOS specification.  I'd say that you definitely do not want to open a Support ticket and tell them you lied.

Finally found a screen cap of the original sign up -- I used the right info.   And now that I think about it,  not being able to access this info is high security -- since someone with a password can't go in and change it all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.