Second Life Release 6.4.13.555567 (64bit)

GJ Hennesy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just to confirm, this is a problem your friend is experiencing after she updated her viewer? If so, does she see any other avatars as squares? Which viewer does she use? Her system information (from her viewer's Help -> About [viewer name] -> Info tab) would help. Get her to copy/paste all of that into a post here.

@GJ Hennesythere was this on the Grid Status Page:

Investigating - Some residents may be seeing texture corruption in the viewer (rainbow colors everywhere). This is caused by the viewer rollback yesterday. Please clear the viewer's cache (Me> Preferences->Advanced->Clear Cache) to fix the issue. We’re very sorry for this extra colorful side effect!
Mar 4, 08:01 PST

Whether this is relevant or not I do not know but it seems there are significant issues with LL's viewer at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Whether this is relevant or not I do not know but it seems there are significant issues with LL's viewer at the moment.

Not sure what's relevant. This might be important: https://modemworld.me/2021/03/06/2021-ccug-and-tpv-developer-meetings-week-9/ 

RELEASE ROLL-BACK & ISSUES

[...]

• Those experiencing texture issues on the official viewer as a result of having used the Simple Cache viewer and then rolling back to, or installing, another version should try clearing cache and re-starting the viewer.

[..., emphasis mine]

I can't begin to guess how many this would affect. A handful? or lots?

(Coincidentally, I used the Simple Cache project viewer not that long ago. Think I'll stick with Catznip beta 'til things settle down.)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.