Avatar search function no longer works

bernard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I certainly can't find my name listed in the web search and I should be able to, as far as I know. I haven't clicked anything the stop me being shown in search. I can't even find that option and I'm sure we used to have it. So I have to agree that the websearch is borked in that way.

5 hours ago, bernard said:

Hello

when I do an avatar search on this page: https://search.secondlife.com/

I cannot find the people who are in my list of purchase transactions

impossible to find an avatar by name as I did before

do you have any information or a setting to advise me to help me get back to a normal situation?

Web search is totally hosed and has been for a while.  It seems to be random as to who it finds and who it doesn't.

If you use Firestorm, pull up the search window and switch to the People tab.  That one is still working correctly.

8 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I certainly can't find my name listed in the web search and I should be able to, as far as I know. I haven't clicked anything the stop me being shown in search. I can't even find that option and I'm sure we used to have it. So I have to agree that the websearch is borked in that way.

if you look at the very bottom of your main page of your profile , there should be a box that needs to be checked that say's show in search.. If it's not checked you won't show  up in search.

the box should be right above the ok button.

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

if you look at the very bottom of your main page of your profile , there should be a box that needs to be checked that say's show in search.. If it's not checked you won't show  up in search.

it's actually broken regardless of whether you have that boxed checked or not.

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

it's actually broken regardless of whether you have that boxed checked or not.

Mine didn't show in the web search until I checked all the maturity rating boxes.. I had general unchecked. hehehe

I never really tried looking for mine in the web search before until now..

I usually use legacy search in firestorm for just about everything..

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Mine didn't show in the web search until I checked all the maturity rating boxes.. I had general unchecked. hehehe

I never really tried looking for mine in the web search before until now..

I usually use legacy search in firestorm for just about everything..

Me too.  Sometimes, I'll try using the website search if I'm not logged inworld but it only works about 10% of the time looking for people.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Me too.  Sometimes, I'll try using the website search if I'm not logged inworld but it only works about 10% of the time looking for people.

I'll sometimes try it out when I'm bored hoping something will pop up that doesn't on legacy, even though I know in my right mind it won't really show anything new.. hehehe

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Thank you, Ceka, but my profile doesn't have it, and I've got all maturity ratings checked in my Pref. I'm using Alchemy which may be the reason.

The web profile, both in-viewer and external to it, shows nothing except payment info and sl birthdate. No groups, no picks, no details about myself, no nothing. It doesn't matter though. I do show in the legacy search.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

The web profile, both in-viewer and external to it, shows nothing except payment info and sl birthdate. No groups, no picks, no details about myself, no nothing. It doesn't matter though. I do show in the legacy search.

Interesting.  When I look up your web profile, I see full details on the About page (payment info, biography, interests, SL Birthdate, RL Biography) as well as 6 Picks and 5 Groups.

Thank you, Ceka, but my profile doesn't have it, and I've got all maturity ratings checked in my Pref. I'm using Alchemy which may be the reason.

It doesn't show you at all on the website.

Screenshot_20210306-124915.png

37 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It doesn't show you at all on the website.

Yep - he's one of the lucky ones that can't be found via the web search - via browser or inworld.

When I go directly to his profile, by typing the URL directly in, then I do see more than what he says he sees.

image.thumb.png.b3ee81de68280a0f1062f77eac49c586.png

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I go directly to his profile, by typing the URL directly in, then I do see more than what he says he sees.

I typed the URL in by hand and got what I described- just payment info and birthdate. No tabs or anything else:-

https://gyazo.com/ee8bd6ff393d66129ef986aa86560b49

It's identical in both the viewer's browser and my external browser.

ETA:
I noticed a difference, Lil. You typed the url in when you were logged in. In that case, the typed-in url doesn't replace the page as would be expected. It is displayed within your page. I wasn't logged in when I typed it in. When I first log in with a different avatar, and then type the url in, I get the same as you - my details within the other avatar's page. But when I type it in without anything logged in, I get the same as the inworld pic.

Edited by Phil Deakins

I typed the URL in by hand and got what I described- just payment info and birthdate. No tabs or anything else:-

https://gyazo.com/ee8bd6ff393d66129ef986aa86560b49

It's identical in both the viewer's browser and my external browser.

ETA:
I noticed a difference, Lil. You typed the url in when you were logged in. In that case, the typed-in url doesn't replace the page as would be expected. It is displayed within your page. I wasn't logged in when I typed it in. When I first log in with a different avatar, and then type the url in, I get the same as you - my details within the other avatar's page. But when I type it in without anything logged in, I get the same as the inworld pic.

My understanding is that you got the correct info for not being logged in and that you/anyone must be logged in to get more info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My understanding is that you got the correct info for not being logged in and that you/anyone must be logged in to get more info.

That's probably true for the external browser, Lil, but the inworld browser is exactly the same (shown by the pic I posted), and you can't get that without being logged into SL. Maybe to get the full details inworld, I need to be logged into the website AND in the viewer lol.

Edited by Phil Deakins

5 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

That's probably true for the external browser, Lil, but he inworld browser is exactly the same (shown by the pic I posted), and you can't get that without being logged into SL. Maybe to get the full details inworld, I need to be logged into the website AND in the viewer lol.

I've had to log in on the internal FS browser to shop on the MP.  They have implemented the single sign in so you can't be logged in with different avatars to web services.

Edited by Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.