I can't see my avatar third they, it's the cloud. I tried to do something but nothing helped.

YourObliviousSoul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did it and nothing was help me. This is the third they of being the cloud in SL. I have a good computer , and my connection with net is great too. Second Life was working good few days ago .. I don't what's happened now ... it's a big problem to me, cause my 'family' is waiting for me but I can't play when I can't see myself :(.
I see now , I haven't any physics ..
Ah ! I AM! I can see my lovely avi .. thanks for help :)

4 answers to this question

It's a little hard to figure out what you're asking.  There's no text in your question, and the title got scrambled somehow. Are you using Internet Explorer 8 or 9 as your browser? If so, you need to set Compatibility mode for this web site.

While you have this website open, click the Compatibility View button that is located directly to the right side of the address bar next to the Refresh button. It looks sort of like a torn piece of paper. Once you do that, IE 8 or IE9 will let you post things here with no problem.

Now, let me guess that your avatar looks like a cloud.  If that's the problem, it's almost certainly a problem on your own computer or very close to it.  When there's a weak or intermittent connection through the Internet, your computer and SL's servers have a hard time exchanging important information, especially about your appearance.  So.... if you are on a wireless connection, switch to cable now.  Also, unplug both your modem and your router for at least a minute and then plug them back in again.  That will reboot them and force the modem to look for a fresh IP address.  If those basic steps still don't clear up the problem (or if I have guessed your problem incorrectly), come back here and EDIT your post in this thread to add more details.

• Like 1

Hello. If you see your avatar like a cloud means that your avatar isn't fully loaded. At first try to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R.

Open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. After that, move to a region with less lag. Smith  is a protected land which is recommended. There, try to change outfit. Choose one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

Something else you can do is the test your avatar. In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female.

Keep in touch here and inform us if you fixed your problem or you need more help.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.