somehow my house has broken scripts?

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know what's going on but I upgraded my land and today I'm having problems. Well, not just me. Started with one of my avatars. The AO doesn't work right only on this land. It just stays completely stationary.

Next, my friend today started having trouble with her avatar. Putting on a tattoo disabled her ability to edit her nails on Slink, and then suddenly putting on outfits she'd always had on would randomly hide parts of her body, which it never did before (it was a romper and the skin was supposed to be exposed) she went to another sim and put it on and it worked. She came back and said autohide was on randomly but it worked at the other sim so idk?

I also had a problem with the house itself. I accidentally broke it so I rezzed a new one and when I was fixing my room, making sure to select face and making one of the walls glow, it got the entire house. and even when i selected the whole house and turned glow off some random parts remained. other places were also full bright and even turning off and on full bright on the whole house i would click it again and find full bright on once more. i had to select face everything individually to turn off the glows and full bright

what is going on?

scripts are enabled for everyone

12 answers to this question

What are the scripts in your house meant to do?  If they are intended to control glow on selected faces of the house, then you may have messed things up by resetting glow manually on some faces yourself.  You might be able to recover by restarting the house scripts, if that's possible.  If not, the smartest thing to do is to rez a new house. Unless you understand how the house scripts work, it's probably wise to avoid changing things that the scripts are meant to control.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

What are the scripts in your house meant to do?  If they are intended to control glow on selected faces of the house, then you may have messed things up by resetting glow manually on some faces yourself.  You might be able to recover by restarting the house scripts, if that's possible.  If not, the smartest thing to do is to rez a new house. Unless you understand how the house scripts work, it's probably wise to avoid changing things that the scripts are meant to control.

it isn't the scripts in the house itself, i didn't do anything with the scripts. it's the entire land. like i said, unrelated scripts going haywire for no reason. the ao thing happened yesterday before i broke the house.  with the house...the last house i had before i broke it and rezzed a new one, i had glow and full bright on the walls in one room. when attempting to do the exact same thing it somehow messed up the entire house.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

But if the house isn't scripted, then your odd glowing problem has nothing to do with scripts on your parcel.

i just can't figure out how it happened

i mean the house IS scripted but it's basically the same house and the same exact thing I did before to it

Edited by Rumancekk

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Do you mean that you have accidentally made the entire house glow before?

no. i hadn't, i just had one room glowing. upon trying to replicate what i had before even though i selected face it hit the whole house. but there's nothing in the scripts that controls glow. it's just doors and windows and maybe the fireplace

2 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

no. i hadn't, i just had one room glowing. upon trying to replicate what i had before even though i selected face it hit the whole house. but there's nothing in the scripts that controls glow. it's just doors and windows and maybe the fireplace

Mainland or a private estate?

but there's nothing in the scripts that controls glow. it's just doors and windows and maybe the fireplace

AHA!  The fireplace probably does have a glow control in the flames.

Let me try to make an imperfect example....  In your house in RL, you probably have some light switches that an electrician would call "three-way switches."  That is, there may be two or three wall switches that you can use to turn the ceiling lights in the room ON or OFF.  Because you can use any one of the switches to control the lights, you know that sometimes you need to flip a switch UP to turn the lights on but sometimes you have to flip the switch DOWN.  Now ....  suppose that your house had a computer to control the lights and there were NO switches for you to flip.  If you then did something very strange to turn the lights ON that the computer was not expecting ( reconnecting the wires manually, maybe ), the computer might think that the lights were still OFF.  From then on, the lights would not work properly.  The only way to fix things would be to turn the lights off and restart the computer so that it knows they are off.

I know that's not a perfect example, but what I am saying is that if the script in your house is supposed to control glow in something and if you have accidentally messed things up by making everything glow, the script may no longer know what it is supposed to be doing.  You need to turn glow off everywhere and restart the script.  If you can't restart the script, rez a completely new copy of the house and start all over again.

25 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

AHA!  The fireplace probably does have a glow control in the flames.

Let me try to make an imperfect example....  In your house in RL, you probably have some light switches that an electrician would call "three-way switches."  That is, there may be two or three wall switches that you can use to turn the ceiling lights in the room ON or OFF.  Because you can use any one of the switches to control the lights, you know that sometimes you need to flip a switch UP to turn the lights on but sometimes you have to flip the switch DOWN.  Now ....  suppose that your house had a computer to control the lights and there were NO switches for you to flip.  If you then did something very strange to turn the lights ON that the computer was not expecting ( reconnecting the wires manually, maybe ), the computer might think that the lights were still OFF.  From then on, the lights would not work properly.  The only way to fix things would be to turn the lights off and restart the computer so that it knows they are off.

I know that's not a perfect example, but what I am saying is that if the script in your house is supposed to control glow in something and if you have accidentally messed things up by making everything glow, the script may no longer know what it is supposed to be doing.  You need to turn glow off everywhere and restart the script.  If you can't restart the script, rez a completely new copy of the house and start all over again.

i still don't understand why i did the exact same thing before though and this didn't happen.

but would that cause other scripts to mess up? like on avatars and stuff?

i still don't understand why i did the exact same thing before though and this didn't happen.

That's why I asked what you meant by "the exact same thing".  When I asked

51 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Do you mean that you have accidentally made the entire house glow before?

you said

48 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

no. i hadn't, i just had one room glowing.

So, you didn't make exactly the same mistake before. This was the first time that you accidently made the entire house glow. So this is the first time that you have messed up the script.  Try to turn glow off on everything and restart the script.  If you can't do that, or if it does not work, rez a new house.

8 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

but would that cause other scripts to mess up? like on avatars and stuff?

No.  I think those are totally unrelated. You'll need a different explanation for them, but my first guess is user error, especially if other landowners on the same region are having no problems.

1 hour ago, Rumancekk said:

I don't know what's going on but I upgraded my land and today I'm having problems. Well, not just me. Started with one of my avatars. The AO doesn't work right only on this land. It just stays completely stationary.

Next, my friend today started having trouble with her avatar. Putting on a tattoo disabled her ability to edit her nails on Slink, and then suddenly putting on outfits she'd always had on would randomly hide parts of her body, which it never did before (it was a romper and the skin was supposed to be exposed) she went to another sim and put it on and it worked. She came back and said autohide was on randomly but it worked at the other sim so idk?

I also had a problem with the house itself. I accidentally broke it so I rezzed a new one and when I was fixing my room, making sure to select face and making one of the walls glow, it got the entire house. and even when i selected the whole house and turned glow off some random parts remained. other places were also full bright and even turning off and on full bright on the whole house i would click it again and find full bright on once more. i had to select face everything individually to turn off the glows and full bright

what is going on?

scripts are enabled for everyone

She can try detaching and reattaching the body HUD and body.  Hands as well.  However, if she has an outfit on already that does not have auto hide and unhide, when she tries not change into another outfit, the previous hides will still be there.

Edited by Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.