Aesthetic - multi layers

Lowen Darkwatch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an Aesthetic av and have a hair layer.  I would like to add a tattoo to my hairy av, but when I add the tattoo the body hair goes away.  When I add it back the tattoo goes away.
How do I have the body hair and tattoo design at the same time?

Thanks!
Lowen

7 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Wear the item you want to be on the bottom. Then right click the second item and choose ADD, not "Wear".

That doesn't work in this situation.  Both the hair and tattoo are applied via huds.  Apply one via it's hud and the other goes away.

17 minutes ago, Lowen Darkwatch said:

That doesn't work in this situation.  Both the hair and tattoo are applied via huds.  Apply one via it's hud and the other goes away.

Layers have always had glitches with other layers.  The items you are trying to apply may only apply on one layer.  So if the tattoo applies on the tattoo layer and the body hair also applies on the tattoo layer, one has to go.  If either has an option to choose which layer, choose tattoo for one and underwear or clothing for the other.  

This is the beauty of the new BOM bodies.  You can pile on several tattoo layers with no problem.  Has Aesthetic updated to BOM?

On 3/3/2021 at 9:21 AM, Lowen Darkwatch said:

Oh. In that case, the textures are being applied to your mesh head's tattoo layer, and there's nothing you can do. Sorry!

Q: Will there be BOM update for the Aesthetic?

A: The current Aesthetic cannot be completely changed to BOM due to different UV templates, number of texture maps and resolutions.

I do not want to decrease the current high-detailed avatar just to meet the BOM standard.

However, to fulfill some of those who really want BOM version, I “may consider” adding the new update with two body versions for the Aesthetic “after” the new project is finished.

They haven't figured out BOM. There are no BOM requirements for which UV Map to use. BOM works with any UV Map. Also, there is only one resolution for anything BOM and that is the global SL max rez for any texture.

BOM composites textures. Which, as Rowan said, is what makes it so handy. It does that with no regard to UV Maps.

If you can't control which layer the hair and tats go on... contact the designer and explain the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.