Some thoughts about forum responses

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Except when someone else quotes them and you don't realize you are reading a quoted blocked post until it's too late and AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHH!

5wFUthd.gif?noredirect

Yes, sadly that's true.  I've stopped and rethought responses on dozens of posts.  Just writing it out helps most times and then I think...should I just be the bigger person and let it go?  Most of the time, I let it go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, sadly that's true.  I've stopped and rethought responses on dozens of posts.  Just writing it out helps most times and then I think...should I just be the bigger person and let it go?  Most of the time, I let it go.

That might be self defeating ... I type a lot of posts and then let them go ... and then I don't and come across like a brick to the face.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Except when someone else quotes them and you don't realize you are reading a quoted blocked post until it's too late and AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHH!

5wFUthd.gif?noredirect

Um ....

I suppose I'm one of the few that can remember who I have blocked?

26 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It was ridiculous though that someone is "preaching" to me to think of the poor addicted "gambling" people with Gachas and that we are atrocious if we don't, when they need to just deal with the log in their own eye period, among other things.   To this I can roll eyes...there are many dopamine addictions in SL beyond Gachas.

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I felt I had reasoned with the person who upset me by pretty much implying we are evil if we don't protect our brothers and sisters from this evil thing called "gambling gacha".  Well, to me, that's what they are trying to present in their argument against Gacha to which the thread has nothing to do with ranting or venting about the evils of Gachas anyway.  I presented reasonable disputes to the dopamine claim as even shopping pre internet is considered a possible dopamine addiction for some and other dopamine related addictions such as rl sex/sl sex, both are possible candidates in us all for dopamine addictions.  Plus other ways I tried to reason as calmly as possible. 

I feel the person doesn't listen because, speaking of global warming, they had presented a chart that showed the USA and CANADA as the worst carbon polluters and that he's for euthanasia and genecide of those countries to help climate change he also wrote in another post that upset me terribly.  The thing is, he had presented that in another post a while back and I told him if you add up all the countries in Europe, then Europe is worst polluter and you must be euthanized then.  He thinks he's funny though.  I don't find posts about genecide funny either but I felt like dishing that one back to him a while back and he must have just ignored me about saying it's Europe then that should be euthanized as he posted it again.  

I am going to take break for a while.  Bye.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 4

18 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

the thread has nothing to do with ranting or venting about the evils of Gachas anyway.

But this thread has all to do with your personal disputes?

Thou shan't toss beavers in log cabins, et cetera. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

So. I take it my post wasn't funny after all. Damn. Gotta work on that one.

People have no clue of just how much crap of all kinds, coming from all directions, I have to let go of on a daily basis or else I would completely lose it. We all have burdens to carry. Some are heavier than others. Sometimes we can help shoulder a load for a bit, sometimes we need to dump some of our own load on someone else for a while.

We all need help sooner or later. Don't be too quick to slam doors in faces.

Edit: I agree with you in case that wasn't clear.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So. I take it my post wasn't funny after all. Damn. Gotta work on that one.

People have no clue of just how much crap of all kinds, coming from all directions, I have to left go of on a daily basis or else I would completely lose it. We all have burdens to carry. Some are heavier than others. Sometimes we can help shoulder a load for a bit, sometimes we need to dump some of our own load on someone else for a while.

We all need help sooner or later. Don't be too quick to slam doors in faces.

Edit: I agree with you in case that wasn't clear.

It was funny. 😅

There's a need for a sarcasm/humor font.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.