Everypixel makes me mad!

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Wow my picture is way more awesome than this picture by Van Gough, yeah right what a load of malarky;

Talligurl, it's not really looking for awesome photos, it's looking for awesome photos that can sell a product and particularly a general audience product it seems to me.  They show stock photos on their main page, it's just group shots of nothing really terribly arty or unique but it's shows business togetherness, a family hug, etc, hence - general audience.  Stock photos are used for selling products and are not really artistic photos.  I put in what little I had of my few lingerie photos along with various other portrait style portraits of various avatars.  My lingerie scored on average about 2% very low I thought, while some of my avatar portraits with space around the photo scored pretty high and a few almost hit 100% because it looks like every day girl with space around the photo to write stuff on in order to sell a product.   Stock photo sources also look for photos of people doing average ordinary things too or living every day life and you can see your bikini shot and the tennis photo above scored very high.  It's not about art or how we look, but rather how it can be used to sell something and it's usually general audience every day life kind of photos that may actually sell in a stock photo house as well as rate high because they are just a general audience, day-in-the-life kind of thing.  Btw, the family hug picture they show is terrible and badly composed but it could be cropped and probably sell.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Talligurl, it's not really looking for awesome photos, it's looking for awesome photos that can sell a product and particularly a general audience product it seems to me.  They show stock photos on their main page, it's just group shots of nothing really terribly arty or unique but it's shows business togetherness, a family hug, etc, hence - general audience.  Stock photos are used for selling products and are not really artistic photos.  I put in what little I had of my few lingerie photos along with various other portrait style portraits of various avatars.  My lingerie scored on average about 2% very low I thought, while some of my avatar portraits with space around the photo scored pretty high and a few almost hit 100% because it looks like every day girl with space around the photo to write stuff on in order to sell a product.   Stock photo sources also look for photos of people doing average ordinary things too or living every day life and you can see your bikini shot and the tennis photo above scored very high.  It's not about art or how we look, but rather how it can be used to sell something and it's usually general audience every day life kind of photos that may actually sell in a stock photo house as well as rate high because they are just a general audience, day-in-the-life kind of thing.  Btw, the family hug picture they show is terrible and badly composed but it could be cropped and probably sell.

Two bikini shots with background and one scores 0%?  

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Two bikini shots with background and one scores 0%?  

I went back and saw the second bikini shot and began to wonder myself why preference for one and not the other.  Perhaps the programming liked the full body shot of the female as opposed to the half body shot?  Still, yeah, that is weird.  But, what I'm saying is that what most stock photos are -very generic, showing something in every day life.  When I scored high on my portraits it seemed to like my long hair the best rather than the photo itself because the portrait I submitted IS terrible and looks more like a cartoon than a real person as it's mis-shaped BUT my hair is perfect and quite unusual and a gorgeous hair too by Doux.  My favorite by Doux.  

See here is a photo of the hair it keeps liking.  There is nothing great about this photo.  It looks just like a generic every day girl but she has great long hair.  It loves this hair no matter what photo I put in.  It is not an awesome photo...it's just kind of plain with great hair and space to write stuff on for a brochure or something to sell.  My lingerie photos it scores below 2 and I think I have some good lingerie photos but they wouldn't be for every day life use.  

Screenshot (183).png

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, Bree Giffen said:

I was playing again with the Artbreeder site and remixed an SL avatar. I decided to go to Everypixel and have the neural network evaluate my image. It came back with a 6.3% chance of my image being awesome. Wonderful. 

https://www.everypixel.com/aesthetics

https://www.artbreeder.com/

Arbreeder Everypixel Mina.png

Research have shown that just minor changes of an image can fool neural networks, even one pixel only, where the neural network categorized a horse as a frog! ( FYI, see IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.23 , Issue.5 , pp. 828--841. Publisher: IEEE. 2019

Clearly EveryPixel's neural network is badly made and biased towards certain traits. In general this is a problem with serious neural networks used all over the world, where they are biased with caucasian input, western world demographics. The implemications are major, for example law enformement using neural networks, banks using neural networks to evalute a loaner etc.

Edited by Rachel1206
spelling
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.