Old IM's sent every single login.

Sellium

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posting for someone else. See the picture attached.

Everytime they login they get these messaged from me like spam, but I'm not sending them. I recognize their origin, which would have been about three or four months ago.
They just recently told me that they have been getting it for a while, but we both don't know why or how to fix it.

1ce829cac5b5a0b21a85f1f2fb5a4bba.png

I'm not sure about clearing cache, but as for chat logs, mine get renamed each day from chat.txt to chat_yyyymmdd.txt so there's no way it can be old chat (and the messages I am seeing are weeks and even years old, it's probable I've cleared the main cache several times since they were received.

I am seeing this on the official viewer, Catznip, Firestorm, and sometimes Singularity, and on two seperate PCs. It's coming in through the wires, not from my hard disks. It's rare enough that I haven't been able to recognise any sequence to explain it, but has happened enough that I know it's going on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sellium said:

Posting for someone else. See the picture attached.

Everytime they login they get these messaged from me like spam, but I'm not sending them. I recognize their origin, which would have been about three or four months ago.
They just recently told me that they have been getting it for a while, but we both don't know why or how to fix it.

1ce829cac5b5a0b21a85f1f2fb5a4bba.png

The someone needs to clear their Notifications. They're in the little envelope https://gyazo.com/2a6d49444d9cbbf039c1e3d1693e1ffa  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kinda like @Profaitchikenz Haiku, I see something like this occasionally. Well, in my case, it seems to be only when I temporarily switch an account from using another viewer (usually Catznip or Linden) to Firestorm: suddenly I get a flood of ancient messages and notifications that were cleared long ago. But it doesn't happen again after I clear them all over again in Firestorm, even when I switch back to another viewer (until I again switch back to Firestorm). So that's not quite the same problem as the OP's, although I'd still wonder which viewer they're using.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.