I think I had some Lindens, maybe $50 to $100 US dollars, but it's gone, but I don't know. I might have withdrawn it and forgot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been gone from Second Life for so long I can't remember if I left more than a trivial amount of Lindens in here.  I suspect that if I did leave a noteworthy amount of $1 in here, they might have gone missing due to changes in the currency system, or vanished due to an expired credit card, or been robbed by some clever user-their.  So, who do I see about this? 

My memory is pretty flaky, and I tend to be online when I should be asleep, and I take mind-and-memory impairing medicine, so I might have withdrawn it. If I did, it would be the first time I ever withdrew any lindens, because it seems a bit of a hassle.

I was not wanting to withdraw it now; I wanted to buy some mesh bodies and mesh clothes and such. 

• Like 1

Hm, I'd suggest having a peek at your transaction history on your dashboard to see where the last transactions went to. Other than that I don't think there's a whole lot to do, unless it turns out someone has somehow managed to steal your L$ which would warrant an AR.

14 minutes ago, SuezanneC Baskerville said:

I have been gone from Second Life for so long I can't remember if I left more than a trivial amount of Lindens in here.  I suspect that if I did leave a noteworthy amount of $1 in here, they might have gone missing due to changes in the currency system, or vanished due to an expired credit card, or been robbed by some clever user-their.  So, who do I see about this? 

My memory is pretty flaky, and I tend to be online when I should be asleep, and I take mind-and-memory impairing medicine, so I might have withdrawn it. If I did, it would be the first time I ever withdrew any lindens, because it seems a bit of a hassle.

I was not wanting to withdraw it now; I wanted to buy some mesh bodies and mesh clothes and such. 

And welcome back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuezanneC Baskerville said:

Lindens would not disappear due to an expired credit card and there have been no changes to the currency system.  If you belonged to a group that charged its members for being in Search, that can actually make quite a few L$ disappear, depending on how long you have been gone.

Unfortunately, your L$ Transaction history is only available for one month -- or 3 months if you are Premium.  

Your account history as far as US $ are concerned is available back to the beginning of your time in SL.  So if you sold L$ and cashed them out, you would find evidence of such in the US$ History:  https://accounts.secondlife.com/account_history

• Like 1

Let me take a wild guess, that you have been away for years instead of months.

@LittleMe Jewellhas the best suggestion so far, but that can only say if you cashed out.

You could always open a ticket to LL and try to figure out if they have other things registered. Since you do not have so old transaction history. Group payments is already mentioned. How did you leave SL? Was it emotionally stressful, so you could have given away money?

Maybe others can say if LL withdraw linden from your account if you owe them money. Like, you are Premium and your credit card expire so LL can not take the payment from your bank account. If it is one thing I am sure of, if you do not downgrade, Premium payment is collected until a bank account is empty or the credit card is expired.

image.png.934be595f374e05f09c30cd2166b251b.png

I can tell in this old screenshot that I had 5 digit balance, and the rest of that shot was me preparing land to sell. I think that's L$80,000+ . 

I started in SL on December 22, 2003.  17 years, 2 months, 9 days excluding the end date.

It's a lot of months to look at one by one. 

The current Tilia system started long after I stopped spending much time in SL.

It used to be possible to lose your account if something went wrong with your credit card.

I had bought a quarter of a sim, I think, and when I sold it I never spent much after that, so i that 80 thousand to a hundred thousand Linden balance staring at me for years, which is why I had this vague memory of that. 

This is Philip Rosedale on Feb 24, 2005.

image.thumb.png.bc2ed5631f83a25cd217d6118bb0d4b5.png

Edited by SuezanneC Baskerville
errors

1 hour ago, SuezanneC Baskerville said:

It used to be possible to lose your account if something went wrong with your credit card.

Owned L$ have nothing to do with your CC.
Loosing your account is something different than loosing the content of your wallet in SL, you wouldn't have your login if that was the case. Also if your CC would have been failing, you would have the bill presented in USD the moment you would like to reactivate the account.

The only one that can help/answer you is support.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuezanneC Baskerville said:

If you owed Premium renewal fees, monthly Land Tier or monthly Region fees, then an expired credit card can cause your Account to get locked.  You would then have to contact LL directly to get your account unlocked and you would also have to pay LL all owed monies before they would unlock the account.

I don't know whether or not LL would confiscate your L$ to offset owed monies.  Your US $ Transaction History would show you whether or not that happened because it shows everything related to US $ charges on your account.

Start checking your US $ Transaction statements from around the time that you last logged in.

12 hours ago, SuezanneC Baskerville said:

vanished

Were you in any groups that slowly sucked your $L out over the years?  That happened to me with an alt...I logged her back in after many years and she was waaaaaay into the hole $L wise.

@Luna Bliss is probably right - I bet you're a member of a group (or more than one group) that is set to show in Search and the role you're in within that group has you down as liable for payment of that fee. You'll lose between L$1 and L$30 per week, depending on how many other people are also paying. It's even possible to end up tens of thousands into the red because of group fees.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.