Deploy for the week of 2020-03-01

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server:

No Roll.  Some restarts based on high uptimes (as noted below).

Second Life RC:

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2021-02-22.556255.html

Wednesday 2021-03-03 07:00-10:30 PST

Additional rolls will take place for approximately 5% of regions on Thursday 2021-03-04 between 07:00 and 10:30 PST, as part of our ongoing data collection efforts regarding region performance and resource utilization.

On Region Restarts:

We'll be restarting Second Life Server regions that have been up for more than 10 days on Tuesday, March 2 between 03:00 and 11:00 PST.

Edited by Mazidox Linden
Thursday roll for 5% of the grid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

In my perambulations of SL today I now see that there are two software versions on RC channel sims, 556138 from last week's Deploy (or was it two weeks ago?) to "Oranges" and the new one 556225.  I think this is as LL intended but it was a surprise!  As far as I could tell both worked OK.

Edited by Aishagain
Additional information

And this roll tomorrow... 

Scheduled Maintenance
Scheduled Rolling Restarts Mar 4, 07:00-10:00 PST
We will be performing rolling restarts for approximately 5% of regions on Thursday as part of our ongoing effort to optimize region performance, March 4th, beginning at approximately 7:00 AM PDT. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects and remember to save all builds. Please check this blog for updates.
Posted on Mar 3, 13:03 PST

any details?  Will it be a random (to us) set of regions or all RC Channel or all Main Server?  Any fresh fruit involved? 😁

To me this sounds like all of us need to be on our guard for restarts and forget about any building for the duration.

Edited by Aishagain
additional text

Here we go again.  Grid Status Page tells me that there will be a roll on Main Server tomorrow.  But WHAT is to be rolled??  55168, 556225, or yet another variant that has been given the "fruit" test here on an RC channel?

It really is too bad that we in Europe won't be told until the roll us upon us.   Yes I know it will come no matter what we are or are not told, but that's not the point.  I am getting that mushroom feeling again.

We have the info now, and they have done a bit better job of timing, but after the events of February, I am a little bit nervous. I installed one of those lag detector things on my Linden Home Parcel, because it also detects region restarts, and something last month badly messed up the regular restarts. I know of regions that ran three weeks without a restart, and the effects showed.

We shall see how long it takes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.