Why do I see this one person on every sim I tp to?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can tell by looking at the name that it's a bot.  They mostly have that kind of name these days and they go everywhere.  I ban them.  Check the profile - they'll be online and have no information at all.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
More info.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I can tell by looking at the name that it's a bot.  They mostly have that kind of name these days and they go everywhere.  I ban them.

Hm. You might be right but I'm not sure.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.kluciar.cz/jkd-style/&prev=search&pto=aue

Check the list on the right hand side of the page.

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I made sure after posting by looking them up but I've seen so many I just knew what it was.

Yeah I see it now that I've had a chance to get a better look at the list I found.

Side note: Land bots that go around snapping up parcels for sale are illegal in SL and have been for many years. On the other hand, land bots like Tyche's don't do anything but gather data that is, for all intents and purposes, available to the public (anyone who logs in inworld) if they know where, or care, to look. Tyche's just does all the work for us in gathering the information while Tyche does the actual work of compiling the info. 

My hat is off to Tyche for providing the residents of SL with such a useful service for so many, many years. Edit: Free of charge. Let's not forget that. 😊

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
take a breath comma, comma,
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

it's a land bot.

forever popping upon my land, turns 360 and leaves

This thread gives me ghost story vibes. Some of the bot behavior in SL does that to me.
You know that feeling you get when sitting around the campfire or hanging out at a friend's place when the conversation goes paranormal?
Excited, but creeped out. Being suddenly apprehensive about your proximity to a window or the edge of the forest ...

... anyways ...

Can a bot know where you are and follow you around using something you are wearing?

• Like 2

If you are wearing a scripted object that reports your location after teleport anyone who gets this information can follow you, bot or a player.

Try to reset default avatar (this will remove any scripted objects) and see if bot or person able to follow you after reverting default avatar :)

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 5:28 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Check the list on the right hand side of the page.

I've regularly seen 10 from this list, at various places. All very likely bots of some description. (All within the top 10% of the list, unsurprisingly.)

Edited by Odaks
More info

• 6 months later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:26 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

You can't name and shame on the forums. It's against the rules. Please edit the person's name out of your post.

There are a number of threads (one recent one) that cover this.  

Sorry. I didnt know and did not see that post you are talking about. Also, found it to be a bot so err.  I'll edit my comment. Wasn't shaming anybody. Was stating MY feelings. smh

Edited by RealLoveit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RealLoveit said:

Sorry. I didnt know and did not see that post you are talking about. Also, found it to be a bot so err.  I'll edit my comment. Wasn't shaming anybody. Was stating MY feelings. smh

It's right where it's easy to spot at the very top of the thread list and it never goes off the top.

You named an account and  complained about that account. That is naming and shaming. It may not have been intentional but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Doris Johnsky said:

They named a BOT. I don't consider BOTS to be people.   I doubt the BOT was concerned.

Bots are accounts. Basic accounts. You must register an account as a bot.

Second Life bot setup

Second Life bot account can be created in the same way as a human-controlled avatar. The only requirement is to mark the bot's account as a scripted agent.

Bot is being controlled by a program, and owner has to choose it from available alternatives. Program can run on user's PC or be hosted at Second Life bot hosting. With hosted bot it's not necessary to have PC running 24 hours per day.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Bot

1 hour ago, Doris Johnsky said:

They named a BOT. I don't consider BOTS to be people.   I doubt the BOT was concerned.

I am not really seeing where the shaming is, sure they named the account, and stated that the account was everywhere they were, but is there any shame in that?

• Like 1

The thing about Bots is they can be quite un-nerving. When an avatar (and that's all that it appears to be) keeps showing up, it's creepy. Particularly when the profile is totally blank, as they always are, it gives rise to feelings of uncomfortableness.

I really would like any Bot to have a clearly described purpose and owner in its profile. That would dispel a lot of of doubt. I don't think LL understand the effect that unidentified Bots have, particularly on people that do not know about the Bot system, or they would have firmed up the Bot policy a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.