Rental Box

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Traxli Amat said:

Hi
I would like to rent market stalls in Secondlife. Do I have to subdivide my country to do this, or how does it work with a rental box?

I hope someone can help me :-)
Regards, Traxli Amat (Name in Secondlife)

I take it you mean you want to provide stalls for people to rent from you?

If that's the case - then I wouldn't bother unless you have a really unique SIM to offer - Gacha yards & resale places used to be all the rage until about 3 years ago but when Second Life moved to a viewer focused Marketplace for merchants - it became easier for people to sell Gacha items without renting stalls on a SIM.

Gacha markets that used to occupy 4 SIMs no longer exist and the few gacha yards that do still exist only have about 50% of the spaces rented out - it's also why you see so few "small" shops on the grid these days - it's easier for a creator with 10 or 12 items to sell off the marketplace rather than maintain a "physical" presence - online shopping came to Second Life :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lyndka Cochrane said:

it's easier for a creator with 10 or 12 items to sell off the marketplace rather than maintain a "physical" presence - online shopping came to Second Life

That said, creators would be wise to invest in some land of some kind. Selling purely on the marketplace is usually listed as a sign that a creator is less likely to be reputable. 

I believe he is asking for simple rental system?

If you are looking free one http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Rental_Cube

Basically when user pays money rental box will start a countdown timer when time is up it will inform you and user.

Rental management usually maintained by group:

Create a group and assign it to your land (not deed to group but assign group as land group) and give group members object entry rights.

You will have to invite renters to your group so they can rez their products. You can do it manually or you can use bot for group invite but it requires scripting knowledge and a computer for hosting bot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.