No Linden Received - Duplicate Charges - No Open Orders

WobblyHeaded

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

A little bit of history. I owned an account before this one, but it was frozen because of a dispute I had accidentally made (I believe I was charged some sort of service fee. It was not on any Linden invoices, and I had just been involved in a phishing scam a few days earlier so I was very paranoid). The dispute was dropped months ago, however my account was never unfrozen and after 3 months of no reply from Linden, I got fed up and made a second account.

However I should of suspected that my payment methods would be flagged. And I believe that is why I got the error message "There was a problem charging your payment method".  I used multiple payment methods, neither of them worked.

Desperately, I tried multiple times to buy Linden, and I continued to get this error message. I gave up, again figuring my payment methods were flagged.

I checked my bank account to check my balance, it was a little off. Then I saw this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7h4wlz626cowu1/second life nerds help.png?dl=0

I was never credited Linden for these charges, and despite being a pending transaction, they have been posted to my bank account. I don't make very much money to say the least, and while ~$36 isn't much, it definitely leaves a dent in my account.

I read a forum post here with someone who had a similar issue as me, and it was suggested to check for "Open Orders." I have none, I attempted to buy the Linden via the automatic deposit (not sure what it is called off the top of my head) and not the one where it adds Linden gradually.

It does, however, list this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6p4qj51fihrsp25/firefox_4ybgXhVXss.png?dl=0

But I've been charged 3 times. Twice for $11.91 and once for $11.99. Perhaps the $11.91 is a duplicate charge?

I have no idea if this helps, but I believed I have resolved the issue about my other account and it's dispute. I did a second method they suggested to get my account back (begrudgingly, As it involved wiring quite a bit of money). But I have not heard back from Linden Support, on neither the ticket to see if the wire went through (It did according to my bank) or the ticket about these charges, and thus come to you out of desperation.

I just want to close my old account and start over at this point. My old account is a cluttered mess that my ADD riddled head could not even begin to organize, so the idea of starting fresh is nice. I understand this means losing my things and thus in a way, all the money I spent on that account, but that's okay to me.

I would love to hear any suggestions on how to get this resolved as quickly as possible. I'm very sorry but after all the money and time I have invested in this, I am getting very impatient. Has anyone had any luck with the toll-free number? I believe I saw one for billing support.

If you need any more information or screenshots, I would be happy to provide.

Thank you very much.

3 answers to this question

Here is the Billing Support info:

Please note that phone support is for billing issues only.  If you're having technical issues, please contact our technical support team.    
Billing support phone numbers
Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
Long-Distance: 703.286.6277
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

17 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the only one that can answer you is LL

I figured. Worth a shot posting here though.

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here is the Billing Support info:

Please note that phone support is for billing issues only.  If you're having technical issues, please contact our technical support team.    
Billing support phone numbers
Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
Long-Distance: 703.286.6277
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

Thank you so much! I'll call as soon as they open!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.