Google Drive blocking Black Dragon viewer HELP!!!

WilliamLei27

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am currently trying to download the Black dragon viewer to try it out Releases · NiranV / Black Dragon Viewer · GitLab (alchemyviewer.org) (this one right here in the Normal release version ) however google drive that for some reason even though I dont have the thing even downloaded on my computer keeps saying the file is too large and cant scan for viruses that may be harmful or damage your computer, however i try and download it anyways it will halfway extract files and then some crap that says Microsoft C++ Redistribute keeos popping up and then it doesnt finish the download, I was wanting to knopw if anyone else has experienced the same issue and if so how to fix it?

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, WilliamLei27 said:

I am currently trying to download the Black dragon viewer to try it out Releases · NiranV / Black Dragon Viewer · GitLab (alchemyviewer.org) (this one right here in the Normal release version ) however google drive that for some reason even though I dont have the thing even downloaded on my computer keeps saying the file is too large and cant scan for viruses that may be harmful or damage your computer, however i try and download it anyways it will halfway extract files and then some crap that says Microsoft C++ Redistribute keeos popping up and then it doesnt finish the download, I was wanting to knopw if anyone else has experienced the same issue and if so how to fix it?

You're mixing up a lot of things here.

First off: Google saying the file is too large to be scanned is just their way of saying... well exactly what they say... the file is too large (over 100mb i think) for their auto-scan to scan the file, meaning you'll have to do it yourself. It's just a note and a potential warning.

Second: When the C++ Redistributable installation pops up, the Viewer is already fully installed and these will always pop up, they (both of them) are required to be installed once for the Viewer to be able to run. If you installed both of them already you can simply cancel out of them, like i said the Viewer installation is already done by that time. You should find a shortcut for the Viewer on your desktop.

Third: There are no additional downloads involved, everything needed for the Viewer comes with the Viewer (including the C++ Redists)

Edited by NiranV Dean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.