Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hiyas. I'm running Firestorm and so I hope I have this topic in the right place.

I'm so tired of teleporting in to a great place only to find I have to see animated Gifs of sex on every wall. I'm over 18 but my parents would not think too much of those gifs if they should walk past my room and see them. Is there a way i can turn them off?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there is a way to automatically disable these, not to mention doing so would break a other content such as prim water that is animated.

You can try doing the following:

  1. To temporarily remove a object from your view, right click and select derender.
  2. To permanently remove a object from your view, right click and choose derender + blacklist.
Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KipsleyAnne said:

Hiyas. I'm running Firestorm and so I hope I have this topic in the right place.

I'm so tired of teleporting in to a great place only to find I have to see animated Gifs of sex on every wall. I'm over 18 but my parents would not think too much of those gifs if they should walk past my room and see them. Is there a way i can turn them off?

 

lame answer but easy .. go to general places. Adjust your viewer settings.
IF those are there, report the owner.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

lame answer but easy .. go to general places. Adjust your viewer settings.
IF those are there, report the owner.

This^^^^.  It's really the only answer.  Most moderate places won't have these either although a few might.  

Stop going to sex regions.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

In SL, the animated images might be scripted prims and not gifs. But if you are going to a place with those kinds of moving images you are likely to see non-moving images, avatars, and furniture that your parents might find questionable. I'd get a privacy screen for your monitor. If your parents see the screen from an angle it will appear all black. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

I don't think there is a way to automatically disable these, not to mention doing so would break a other content such as prim water that is animated.

Just for completeness: they can be made to not animate, by disabling Develop / Rendering / Animation Textures (same as the Debug setting "AnimateTextures") but that apparently only freezes the animation on a single frame and would indeed defeat other cool animated texture effects. So yeah: Try not to go where the offending content is likely to appear, rather than trying to disable the medium that presents it.

(Actually, Bree's post brought to mind the possibility that the content actually could be animated gifs presented on web media, rather than an animated texture, so that would be a whole different medium.)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

In SL, the animated images might be scripted prims and not gifs. But if you are going to a place with those kinds of moving images you are likely to see non-moving images, avatars, and furniture that your parents might find questionable. I'd get a privacy screen for your monitor. If your parents see the screen from an angle it will appear all black. 

Some doctors use those on their monitors. My man had one on his comp in his train room --- I asked why.  He said "train pr0n!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Some doctors use those on their monitors. My man had one on his comp in his train room --- I asked why.  He said "train pr0n!"

200.gif.0bd04bf6f462abf02690cc81d73207d7.gif

 

0836782e1e5a3782c8d2675db9cc699a.gif.288a55644d6733e3222c88a185cf7609.gif

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...