How Do I Get A New House?

LovelyLuxii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Loves! Local Noob here just wanting to know if there was a way to get rid of my linden home and replace it with a nicer one I buy or how does getting a better house work? I've done minor research but the whole land and impact thing is confusing no matter how hard i try. Also, if in choosing to decorate the linden home itself, what happens if I go over the land impact limit? Or will it not let me go over? Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance to anyone willing to give any useful info :D

2 hours ago, LovelyLuxii said:

xxxxxxxLocal Noob here just wanting to know if there was a way to get rid of my linden home and replace it with a nicer one I buy or how does getting a better house work? I've done minor research but the whole land and impact thing is confusing no matter how hard i try. Also, if in choosing to decorate the linden home itself, what happens if I go over the land impact limit? Or will it not let me go over? Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance to anyone willing to give any useful info :D

you can abandon your LH and pick a new one on your dashboard( or rezz a new one within the theme from the post at your LH parcel) You can nót build a own home on a LH parcel. ( btw i'm talking about the new LH not the 512 blocks of old ones)
You can't go over your LH limit, it will simply not rezz, or will delete another object you own.

If you want to build a own home, you need to move to the mainland, and buy a parcel from a landbaron, fellow resident ór request LL to sell a specific abandoned parcel to you.
Stay within your premium allowance will bring you only the purchase price, and no aditional monthly costs, go over the allwowed 1024 sqm and you'l be in a higher tier level and get  monthly bill for that(LL takes the money out of your payment method)

Another option is rent at a estate, private regions/parcels. You don't have to be premium for that. But i'll keep this out of this answer, it's a different thing than Linden Homes or mainland.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

Regardless of the type of parcel you have, no, it won't let you go over the prim limit.

You can't replace your Linden Home, but you can rez additional buildings provided they are in theme and no taller than 15 meters from the ground or the sea, whichever is higher.  This includes adding a second home even, assuming you've got the prims available, pick a Linden Home with a small footprint, and a small second home that will fit within the borders of your parcel.  You can also build to your heart's content above 2000 meters in altitude.  You do not have to rent or buy a mainland parcel to do this.

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you can abandon your LH and pick a new one on your dashboard( or rezz a new one within the theme from the post at your LH parcel) You can nót build a own home on a LH parcel. ( btw i'm talking about the new LH not the 512 blocks of old ones)
You can't go over your LH limit, it will simply not rezz, or will delete another object you own.

If you want to build a own home, you need to move to the mainland, and buy a parcel from a landbaron, fellow resident ór request LL to sell a specific abandoned parcel to you.
Stay within your premium allowance will bring you only the purchase price, and no aditional monthly costs, go over the allwowed 1024 sqm and you'l be in a higher tier level and get  monthly bill for that(LL takes the money out of your payment method)

Another option is rent at a estate, private regions/parcels. You don't have to be premium for that. But i'll keep this out of this answer, it's a different thing than Linden Homes or mainland.

Ahhhh wow. U made that sound so much simpler than the hours of reading I just did on land 😭😂 thank you so much. So question if I wanted to go the route of buying a piece of land to get a house on, say the parcel is i think it was 4096 m², long as I dont go over that I wont be charged? Or is it once I go over the 512 I have left at the moment I get charged? Realistically I already spent my 30day limit money anyway but trying to plan ahead. This place has so much to offer lol

1 hour ago, LovelyLuxii said:

So question if I wanted to go the route of buying a piece of land to get a house on, say the parcel is i think it was 4096 m², long as I dont go over that I wont be charged? Or is it once I go over the 512 I have left at the moment I get charged? Realistically I already spent my 30day limit money anyway but trying to plan ahead. This place has so much to offer lol

you have in total 1024 sqm included in your premium. If you go over that, new tier levels kick in
You can find the tier levels at your accountpage "land Manager" button ( the tier levels are all  + on your 1024) but be carefull, a single moment over the max of a tier level will bring you a whole billing cycle in a higher one!

126df6bd5626e47a0894138a1a8c62b8.png

The older Linden homes were on a 512 parcel which would allow you another 512 of mainland available.  The newer homes on belliseria are on 1024 parcels.  What's nice about either is the home provided does not count against your prim allowance leaving the entire amount, 512/175prims or 1024/351prims free for your use.   If you buy any land up to 1024 on mainland, it's free and is 351 prims.  The house you choose then will count against those prims so it can be a challenge to find a nice low prim home plus any furnishings.

If you find a plot of land you like and want a really cheap home prim and budget wise then I recommend Anna Erotica. You can get a 1 prim home for L$10. But honestly, if you go premium I'd just use one of the Linden homes since they don't count towards your prim usage and the new ones are really nice. I personally have a house boat which is awesome for sailing. 

Anna Erotica - ONE Prim Town House!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.