Can I rent out my Linden 512?

Elyse Gaspara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/27/2021 at 6:32 AM, Elyse Gaspara said:

I am not using it, but I don't want to like, lose land, or give it away....

can I rent the house on it to someone for super cheap?

You cannot rent out a Linden Home, nor the parcel that the house sits on.

If you are using your Premium tier forother Mainland, you can rent that property/home out.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 8:32 AM, Elyse Gaspara said:

I am not using it, but I don't want to like, lose land, or give it away....

Try not to get sentimentally attached to land or homes in SL. Half the fun is finding a nice place or plot of land and making a home.

Your premium comes with 1024 sqm of tier. That can be used for a Linden home (which you can't sub let) or regular mainland (which you can), or any combination of the two up to a maximum of 1024 sqm (eg campers are 512sqm, so you can have a camper Linden home and a 512 plot of regular mainland somewhere else). 

The only thing you lose by abandoning your Linden home is that specific Linden home. You don't lose the teir.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Try not to get sentimentally attached to land or homes in SL. Half the fun is finding a nice place or plot of land and making a home.

dog3-550x366.png.78feb108f035a570219935d235d539b9.png

...but easier said than done;  Just ask my wallet, a Testament to Tier.

• Like 1

sorry, I meant, I am now renting an island... and my house on 512 in SKATER? is empty and ignored...

i know I can abandon... and will still have the 512, but i wont use it, and even if i returned it, i wont use my 512 for anything...

wondering if I can profit from this tbh

yanks

Just now, Elyse Gaspara said:

sorry, I meant, I am now renting an island... and my house on 512 in SKATER? is empty and ignored...

i know I can abandon... and will still have the 512, but i wont use it, and even if i returned it, i wont use my 512 for anything...

wondering if I can profit from this tbh

yanks

That is one of the old Linden Homes.  You cannot rent that place.

However, if you abandon it, you will reclaim the 512 tier allowance.  If you are not using the other 512 tier allowance (you get a total of 1024 sqm tier with your Premium membership these days), then you could then buy a 1024 sqm piece of regular mainland and rent it out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elyse Gaspara said:

thanks for all the info everybuddy

i decide to keep it, i have uses for things now.

yay. have a great day

You can't rent out the Linden homes. Commercial activity is prohibited on the Linden Homes areas. They enforce this rule. So if you don't use your Linden home, abandon it for someone else, buy 512 cheap land, or put in a ticket to the Lindens to get it for $1/m if it is abandoned.

If you have a 512 anywhere else, you can rent it out by either getting a free open source rental box from my store in Ross or buy one on the Marketplace that will have more features.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.