Red cloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, dimitrisred said:

Who would have thought... Using a free avatar , selected from my viewer solved the issue. Oh my.

USE A FREE AVATAR through your viewer. :D

That's one way to fix it.  It's usually an connection issue so logging out and rebooting your modem works almost 100% of the time for me.

The usual way to sort out this sort of problem is to get to an empty sim and make a default shape, default skin, default eyes, hair, pant and shirt and wear them. They are the minimum parts and clothes needed to get a successful appearance bake (and I'm not sure if the clothes are mandatory), so that's pretty much what you did with a starter avatar.

The alternative approach to save you going for a ruth-rescue is to look through your worn items and make sure that the outfit folder does contain links to existing items for the four mandatory body parts, and try wearing them again (you can't actually detach the mandatory items). If you are wearing the four mandatory ones, change them one by one to another and see if one of them makes the cloud go away. If that still doesn't help then you're faced with taking off one by one everything else you've got on until you suddenly appear out of the mists, at which point you have just identified a bit of dodgy fashion for further investigation.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.