V Tech and Omega Applier

LordHappycat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new to BOM/Omega applier stuff, because I'm too used to slapping tattoo layers on and pasting over skin appliers onto mesh body objects for these to work.

I've got the Maitreya Lara body + V Tech Flat Chest mod. I've also picked up alaskametro<3 BoyChest Tone 3 skin add-on.

The BoyChest item claims to work with V Tech, but I've no idea how to apply it. It's just a HUD that I load up and you apply it to whatever, but the V Tech FlatChest is all white with nothing to it. Nothing is loading to the chest. I've looked a little into it and says I need Omega stuff but I don't know where to begin and what the proper method is.

Okay, so this is from my understanding with BOM:

BOM is a feature for a lot of mesh bodies, parts and what not to allow us to use our system layers (tattoos, some skins will work, make up layers)  which is awesome, means you can just slap on a tattoo layer once you activate it.   activating it is done through the hud of whatever it is you are using, it's usually in the skin tab.

Now as for omega stuffs

You still have appliers! you just need to look up Omega in the MP (easiest) or hunt down the store that enables that feature for your body, some will just install a new script while others are huds,  you just load whatever applier you have for the item and click it to apply. Personally... I like BOM stuff,  lowers my script and avatar complexity count since it means I don't need to worry about loading or having something installing stuff into my mesh.

Keep in mind, I suck at explaining things and this is all from my understanding, someone else might be able to explain it better.

I'm not familiar with V-Tech specifically but if the skin is Omega only, you need to buy the V-Tech Omega installer. 

Second Life Marketplace - Omega System Kit - V-Tech

Buy it, unpack it, wear it, wear the chest mod at the same time, click the Omega installer. Then wear the skin applier and click it. You may also have to buy the Omega installer for Maitreya as well, if you haven't already done so.

If your skin has BOM layers as well, you don't need to use Omega, just use BOM. (if there's a chest in the pack labelled BOM, use that. If not, make a copy, wear it, right-click > Edit, Textures tab, choose "Baked" then "BAKED_UPPER" from the dropdown list). You don't need appliers with BOM, once you've set it up you just wear the system skin. You'll need to change the Maitreya body to BOM as well, but that's easier, just click the BAKES ON MESH button on the Hud. And take off your full body alphas otherwise you'll go all red.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.