Lets create a Startup Incubator in Second Life

Wili Clip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No, not generally. But it depends upon context. And the permission of those whose pics you've published, which may not be a legal requirement, or necessitated by the ToS, but is certainly ethical practice. I'll take your word for it that these women agreed to you posting these.

Yes every picture was taken with permission and they've been ok with me using it as a promotion for the game.

\O.. O/

16 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Ok, if that is what you are promoting then I do not think I care if my buoys/poles or whatever are replaced. You are socially tone-deaf. I am out. Good luck with your endeavors.

I've sent you a private message as you requested and if you let me know the avatar name I can sort your issues with products you have. \O.. O/ 

As for promotion. Not sure if you even saw the photos or are just jumping to conclusions. Most are just close up portrait pictures with head and upper part body.

Through years I've tried different things. Some things work and others don't but its hard to know without trying. The photographs I did were more more for myself actually but I've put them up. A lot of players like to dress up and display their avatars while they fish. 

I don't think I am socially deaf. I just not very obsessed about what others think about me. It is normal for everyone that not all will like them. We are very different in our world views and opinions about things and that is fine.

Thank you again for supporting the gaming community for many years if that is really the truth. If you change your mind the doors are always open and I'll replace your products as soon as you let me know that you want that.

Wish you all the best Mercedes Avon \O.. O/

5ca64ab22abd71a6ffaeb7bd13395001.png

Edited by Wili Clip
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wili Clip said:

Yes every picture was taken with permission and they've been ok with me using it as a promotion for the game.

\O.. O/

Soooo . . . you're using pics of scantily clad women as a way of promoting your business?

Well, ok, you'd hardly be the first. But I'd have thought that, as a modern businessman, you'd recognize that half naked women as advertising props tends now to be frowned upon by a fairly large proportion of your potential market. It is, after all, 2021, and not 1951.

And it would appear that you have, indeed, lost at least one customer because of it.

4 minutes ago, Wili Clip said:

The photographs I did were more more for myself actually but I've put them up.

Wait, I thought this was "art"?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Soooo . . . you're using pics of scantily clad women as a way of promoting your business?

Well, ok, you'd hardly be the first. But I'd have thought that, as a modern businessman, you'd recognize that half naked women as advertising props tends now to be frowned upon by a fairly large proportion of your potential market. It is, after all, 2021, and not 1951.

And it would appear that you have, indeed, lost at least one customer because of it.

14 minutes ago, Wili Clip said:

The photographs I did were more more for myself actually but I've put them up.

Wait, I thought this was "art"?

Not sure what you are talking about. Most are just close up portrait pictures with head and upper part body of few female avatars and few are of male avatars. There is 1 picture of a woman in catsuit and 1 picture of behind but nothing distasteful. Nothing really mention worthy or a reason for making such a big deal out of it.

But because other people here can not see it with their own eyes you can describe it and make it sound as horrific and shocking as possible.

How did we go from business themed topic so far away to discuss photography and art? O.. O 🙂

Edited by Wili Clip

1 minute ago, Wili Clip said:

Not sure what you are talking about. Most are just close up portrait pictures with head and upper part body of few female avatars and few are of male avatars. There is 1 picture of a woman in catsuit and 1 picture of behind but nothing distasteful. Nothing really mention worthy or a reason for making such a big deal out of it.

But because other people here can not see it with their own eyes you can describe it and appear as horrific as possible.

How did we go from business themed topic so far away to discuss photography and art? O.. O 🙂

You said the pics were part of a promotion of your business. And yes, I have seen all the pics. All your social media accounts are promoted on your SL related website and in your SL group. So it's on topic.

• Like 1

Man, I hate when people outright lie.....sigh. You're probably not going to like this post. But since I refuse to fuel your system with any more of my money on the off chance that you won't know what to do if something goes awry again (and it probably will, ***** happens), I don't much care if you do or don't. 

Super long, but you're into super long diatribes full of verbose drivel, so.... (feel free to ignore my drivel folks, it's a doozy, as per usual)

1 hour ago, Wili Clip said:

Whole community was very understanding and supporting and we didn't have anyone complaining.

Not true, I know a lot of folks that complained, and have since stopped using the product because of the poor way it was handled. Ftr, I am both a user (collector, fisherperson) and supporter (ie, investor, by providing a space for others to use your products, from which most, except you, won't see much benefit other than traffic, the entire purpose of course) of your systems, and also quite friendly with a lot of folks who also fit into both categories, so, before you assume I'm talking out of my rear and know nothing about it..don't do that. A lot of people lost a lot that was invested in the system. A lot of people complained. Most were never made whole, please don't act like they were. Even through it all, few blamed you personally, and why would they, because they understand these kinds of things can happen to ANYONE. What you were blamed for, and people ultimately shushed for, was the piss poor handling of the whole thing and the way you're treating others' losses, while having not actually lost a dime that people invested, yourself. All payments people made go to you immediately, you didn't lose that. People lost money they paid for your products and things to use with your products when the system seemingly "wiped information out due to a hack". Yes, you comparing it to Pearl Harbor was absolutely disgusting, a horrid comparison and you really are being daft about that, which is where the socially inept opinion people have of you comes into play, I believe...please stop.  You don't have to care about what others think of you, but you should care when the reasons for why they think the things they do are because you're being careless (that's the nicest way I can put this) with your thoughts, words, and actions. 

Landowners running my systems have been extremely supportive and the number of landowners running our system has tripled since then.

You and those you employ as your CSRs are the only ones that believe this line, none of us do, lol, even people that do still support you and will for a very long time don't believe this. They simply enjoy the product, at times at least, lol.

Many of us who left have chosen not to continue using your products because of the issue and because the money we had placed in these products, both dormant and active products (in the case of dormant, it should remain on our account within your system, but did not, and you know it, it didn't just disappear though, it went right into YOUR account the moment we paid it, so, that part was not "hacked") was deemed "lost".  Some of the new landowners you have aren't actually new at all, they're landowners that have owned your product for a long time and have either allowed them to go dormant (not funding them, or taking them into inventory for varying amounts of time) or moved the product to a different location. This happens all the time with not only your products, but all of the similar systems as well. It's pretty common knowledge. That doesn't make us new landowners, it simply extends our relationship with you, as the sole business owner. 

. But mostly because of amount of work that was put into and because our community is one of the biggest and resilient.

No, it's because people were counting on you to restore those immaculate records you have always claimed to have to return the money we/they were rightfully owed by placing it in your system, linked to our accounts. Most of them have never been made whole, so please don't pretend they were, and please don't discount their experiences because you want the world to think everything is hunky dory. It's not your fault the system was hacked, but it is your fault that you handled it poorly. You tend to do that, and so do the CSRs you employ at times with the "we're only human" line (this applies when they're being treated unfairly, yes, they should never be treated poorly by anyone, it does not apply when people simply want answers, which folks can't discuss in group chat, you don't allow it, end of), they tend to shut down ANY negativity, ANY questions that question the way this was handled, and ANYTHING that could potentially anger you. Then other folks (friends, perhaps?) join in and gang up on the person daring to ask questions, because, god forbid, they want answers. That mob mentality is real whether people want it to be or not, it is.  

We can only all assume it's because you're a lot more negative than you want people to believe and those folks know how you'll respond if you get cranky (and who wouldn't be cranky after dealing with a hack, but it's not the community's fault and you all need to realize what the community lost too, not just your own wallet, which only served to benefit from all the lost funding players and landowners basically handed over to you with no return). It's a risk to invest in a product like you offer, everyone understands this, but that doesn't mean treating the community like the risk is irrelevant to you because "things happen", is a wise move, especially if you're going to try and push some new idea like you know what you're doing. You're trying to build the faith people have in you and your ideas, and you're doing a very bad job of that by blowing off the negative attributes of existing business ventures. 

Not everything was lost (most players have kept a lot of virtual goods where most of their value was in).

That's not true and you know it. Almost every linden I had in dormant products and my account is gone and I have no way of even figuring out what the entire amount is anymore, even though that used to be possible, which is why I've personally washed my hands of your products for good and decided to simply eat the loss. I'm a small potato in the grand scheme, but I'm definitely not in the minority when it comes to an almost complete lost investment. I have seen this happen to quite a few landowners, both small and large amounts, I have witnessed them get shut down by mentioning their losses, I have seen them get berated and told, well, the same shpeal you're spitting out here, lol.

This is why I have no faith in any idea you propose which involves others investing in your ideas. You don't really value the investments others make as much as your words try to say otherwise. You don't take it as seriously as you should. Let's not pretend you haven't made a mint on your products here. I mean, we all know you have, and honestly, good on you for it, really. That was a lot of hard work and you deserve to be paid for that hard work, obviously. You should be proud that it has been as successful as it's been and made you a pretty decent chunk of change. Not many can make that same claim, it's definitely worth being proud of yourself for it. But, with that pretty big chunk of change comes a decent amount of responsibility too, and you lack it, entirely, when things don't quite go right. You're not ready to create a new product, or propose a new idea, much less ask others to help you raise capital, until you can do much better with what you've got and make good on promises already made :)

Yes we sending the notice to our 37 000+ members group. The 1000 L$ charge for changing values in database is the same thing as Linden Lab is charging everyone 20000 L$ for.

That's a crock of poop and a half. Many other creators who also relied heavily on using avatar names versus UUID do not charge anything to make changes for people, no matter how much of a pain in the rear it would be. LL's name change charge has nothing to do with you updating your databases and code to work with a name change that you were well informed was coming. You knew you were using a method that soon would be obsolete, knew just how many users you had and could easily surmise that if even a small percentage chose to change their names you'd be in for some work, but didn't want to put the effort in to change it. It's okay to admit that, you know. You don't have to make things up. You could've fixed the issue preemptively for everyone across the board well over a year ago in less than one day, and not tried to turn it into yet another means to make more money off people. Sure it might've taken some thinking  on your part to figure out exactly how to work the new handling of accounts in your system, but it's not an impossible task. One would think having to go in and individually make the change on repeat for the...however many years sl exists...would be a lot more tedious than going in once and doing it for good.

You're not a bad person, fyr, I don't hate, I don't dislike, I don't offer constructive, albeit it maybe not the most pleasant, criticism just to be a jerk. I just know my experience is definitely not a singular event, and there are a lot more people out a lot more money than you're letting on. You're trying to make it seem like it was less of a problem for people, and it really wasn't. I'm not sure if people realize how much money others put into these systems, or how much was really lost (and how could they?) It sucks that someone hacked the system, not only once, but then again once they did it successfully the first time. It's tremendously difficult to deal with such issues, especially when you have a very large community of people that you are going to hold you accountable. I don't blame you one bit for that issue, it's not your fault that ***** happens. I just don't like the way you've handled it and by pushing this new idea with the repeated mentions of raising capital and investing in all of your posts, I thought it prudent to point out that you already have difficulty handling investments made by people. Should something go awry again (and I do hope it never does) will it be handled as poorly? One can only surmise that it very well might, no matter how prepared you are, because you don't take to heart what people say, and you really haven't learned anything from any of this.

Best of luck on whatever ventures you seek in the future, but personally, I dope LL nixes whatever idea you've proposed until you get a much better handle on your current ventures. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mercedes Avon said:

You said the pics were part of a promotion of your business. And yes, I have seen all the pics. All your social media accounts are promoted on your SL related website and in your SL group. So it's on topic.

Those pictures are on instagram that is not really being used. Most of the promotional material is on twitter. 

3 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Tari and I are not the same person. I do not use multiple accounts on the SL forums to come in and back up my posts, because I think that's scummy.

Lmao, oh dear, no one could possibly confuse me for anyone else. Well, they could, but probably not a smart idea, lol. I'm an odd duck. There aren't many of us on these forums that type up entire books for most of our responses, either.

Plus, my typos are damn hilarious, and I rarely ever fix them. Most people probably care a lot more about those typos than me. I'm blind as a bat and dgaf about them  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The number of game systems installed by landowners has quadrupled and number of active players is at all time high and growing. I think if reality was as you're describing I would be out of business. I did my best to handle the situation in most optimal way and I kept the player community informed and we were in constant communication. It is easy to criticize someone else. I don't wish it upon you to ever find yourself in such a situation.

Once such thing happens you can either freeze, run or move forward and deal with the problem head on.

What happened that time put me in a war state. Hack mitigation and fighting against a hacker is a form of a cyber war. I kept myself and the community motivated so that we could get through it better and they were behind me supporting me all the way. Things could have gone much worse. We managed to restore experience from the players and their materials were intact. I cross referenced the tables to restore the names that were deleted in database. It was easier for player base to go through it because the game materials were saved and there is great value in them. All thee landowners who were able to tell me last budget they had in system have had their budgets restored. I visited every and each one of them to set up their system back up. I don't know what is your motivation behind criticizing me... I don't even know you and from the things you're saying I doubt you were even active user of my game system as you claim (because why would you come back suddenly after few months instead being there when it was happening if you were active supporter).

I don't wish it upon anyone to get hacked. My system was and that was suddenly after 10 years of having no signs that there are any serious security flaws.

Now it is in the past and I've made all possible things to ensure it doesn't happen again. Code of all systems was double hardened and there are automated backups. + I have an experience of being hacked and know how to fight against it, prevent it and mitigate it. Hacks happen even to multi billion companies. I am not so scared of scaling up and building even bigger business. It has been a learning experience.

I think your criticism is unjustified. But you were not even there when things happened. You came after few months and now you're the only one that is criticizing or even bringing the topic up. For Tari Landar I don't ever recall of even having an account in my game system. This is why my suspicion that you 2 could be same person behind 2 accounts. Mercedes you did mention in one of your previous post that you have many accounts. I am also not sure why you are back after you already wrote in previous post that you're all out. I am sure this will now give you even more energy to try to attack me and try to get at my reputation. I have no idea why you're so focused on me. I do have a special club of extreme fans that I call "wili haters" fan club.

Through the years the activity of that club has disappeared but whenever my business is starting to grow it seems some people start having problem with it and that fan club re-activates. So I am taking it that it comes with the job description of growing a business in SL :). Actually its part of SL business growing pain. \😁/

I guess this is a way to try to put me down because I want to unite bigger businesses in SL so that we try to create a success story from inside?

Edited by Wili Clip
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Wili Clip said:

But because other people here can not see it with their own eyes you can describe it and make it sound as horrific and shocking as possible.

Ummmm . . .

1259216703_Wili-Clip-3-Blank.png.b9bf9657d23d6beb16394435c5553cab.png

Perhaps this one should have been captioned "Another Satisfied Customer!" rather than "Chest Out"?

545191613_Wili-Clip-1-Blank.png.a209819ce17bd231131965de8d24d551.png

Here's just one of a number featuring "backsides" . . .

1926031293_Wili-Clip-2-Blank.png.212f9a7c725a0d9cc9f095604f5954d8.png

Honestly, Wili . . . this isn't about "immorality" or sexism (although it wouldn't be too difficult to make a case for the latter).

It's about professionalism, and your apparent lack of judgement.

Assuming you've got the permission of the women involved (which you say you did), I couldn't care less how many pics like this you take, or even post.

But this was a commercial event, associated with your business. And your decision to publish pics of your customers like this, whether to promote your business or not, speaks volumes about your lack of judgement.

And on the basis of that obvious lack of judgement, well, I wouldn't do business with you. In fact, I wouldn't patronize your business as a customer, yet alone associate with you in something like a partnership.

And that, and the reaction of some others here, should tell you that, hey, maybe posting these wasn't such good business practice?

You've heard of public relations? Can I strongly suggest that you study up on it a bit more?

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Wili Clip said:

It is easy to criticize someone else. I don't wish it upon you to ever find yourself in such a situation.

I have actually had the very painful experience of dealing with a rl company that had a data breach. I wouldn't wish it on anyone else either. That's part of how I know you handled it poorly, and why I think your continued action of brushing off the effect it had on others because you are now currently back whole, is also a poor way of dealing with it. 

23 minutes ago, Wili Clip said:

I think your criticism is unjustified. But you were not even there when things happened. You came after few months and it is easy to be critical and smart about it. For Tari Landar I don't ever recall of even having an account in my game system. This is why my suspicion that you 2 could be same person behind 2 accounts. Mercedes you did mention in one of your previous post that you have many accounts. I am also not sure why you are back after you already wrote in previous post that you're all out. I am sure this will now give you even more energy to try to attack me and try to get at my reputation. I have no idea why you're so focused on me. I do have a special club of extreme fans that I call "wili haters" fan club.

Check your damn system again buddy, because I am, very much, in it. Nice try at deflecting the real issue, but now I know you're simply full of your own crap and nothing more. 

Wow you are......something else, let me just say. I tell you that my account was wiped of all funds, and you come back with..."I don't think you were ever even in my system". Yeah, you sure do know what you're doing there buddy. 

I own both fishing and coin hunt items...so, your system is more messed up than you think if you don't have those records, and I have had them for YEARS. I used the product as a simple consumer, coin hunter and fished,  before I joined as a landowner. I invested quite a lot of money into your system, actually. 

I don't have much hope for your future ventures anymore, and I don't wish you luck with them either.

Have a fantastic evening. :D

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Assuming you've got the permission of the women involved (which you say you did), I couldn't care less how many pics like this you take, or even post.

...But this was a commercial event, associated with your business

Why are you caring about it then so much? Why are you promoting my game?

It was not a commercial event - it was a fishing event and there have been thousands of those.

I opened this topic with a serious intention to connect and network with like minded people who want to build bigger projects in Second Life.

Edited by Wili Clip
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why are you caring about it then so much? :)

Lol

You're really not getting it, are you?

Have a lovely evening Wili.

I really don't see anything wrong with my instagram pictures I made in SL. You really cherry picked ones to try to make me look bad. 😀 I really don't know what your motivation is behind it or what kind of satisfaction you're getting out of it.

d64c453f293ab51502bf5017f53fe01d.jpg

Yes clearly we have a fatal missunderstanding.  We have different views on things and that is normal for people to have. Its ok.

I wish you a pleasant evening as well Scylla.

\O.. O/

Edited by Wili Clip

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And that, and the reaction of some others here, should tell you that, hey, maybe posting these wasn't such good business practice?

Maybe it was promoting a topless fishing event?   😆😂

Makes me wonder if she was actually topless or was derendered that way.  Either/or, I agree that it's not a good representation for a business.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wili Clip said:

Ok I just checked and I see you have a free rod.

Wow, you really do have a huge ego don't you? Can't admit when you're wrong at all, can you?

I have told you, now twice, that I also own the coin hunt and fish buoys, and have for years, and THAT money is what was wiped clean. I don't really give a ***** about any money that was on my rod, lol.  Actually, February of 2017 is when I got the landowner supplies and began investing in your product. So, clearly, your records, and ability to check them, still sucks butt. 

Ok, I'm done with you and this load of horse manure. You really are a piece of something I can't say on the forums.

Adios. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.