Second life crashes after i log in.

LadyRed Woodland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so this is what happens

i log in and once the loggin process is finished it logs me out ive tried logging in to different locations thinking it was the region but no help there... ive cleared my cashe my history ive unintalled and reinstalled the viewer nothing helps so i logged into my bfs account (with permission) to see if it was my computer and everything loaded and worked just fine so that leads me to believe its my account (ive also updated my computer) nothing seems to be working . i downloaded the pheniox viewer to see if it would allow me to log into my account and it did where i deleted unessary items from my inventory and once again cleared my cashe empted my trash bin ect (the whole time i was in phenoix i was a cloud so i took off all my clothes hair eyelashes ect any attachment i was wearing hoping that would help) i cleared all forms of my cashe and sat on one of those anti ruth boxes and nothing helped with the cloud thing and when i tried once again to logg into my regular viewer its immediately logged me out as soon as i connected yet again...i have sent a detailed message to linden lab telling them of the issue but because im not a paying member they cannot help me with this issue .... does anyone have any idea what this is and what i can do to resolve it please help

9 answers to this question

Sounds like a router (and/or modem) issue.  Shut down your computer, unplug your router and modem from their electrical source, wait 3 to 5 minutes, plug them back in and wait for the lights to settle into their normal blinking routine.  Try SL again.  For the particle mist ball, try changing both your skin and shape and then changing back to what you normally wear (do this after you visit Pooley or one of the other LL managed sims).

Try clearing your cache manually, logout and go to:

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, change your start location on login to Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

@ Luc, yeah you can if you want to keep them. I tend assume (maybe wrongly) that anyone who ever used them knows they are there. So many people still have their AppData hidden that I doubt they ever looked for logs even if they saved them lol

But still a valid point, yes you should move you logs elsewhere before deleting if you wish to keep them :)

I don't think I did make sense... :D. Sorry, Peewee. I mentioned the logs just to make it clear which folder I meant (which was probably unnecessary, I know.) I was thinking really that it might help (I'm not sure, though) to remove the whole folder containing logs and everything, and let the viewer recreate it. I didn't read it that way, but If this was part of your suggestion, please ignore this :)

- Luc -

Aww I would never ignore you Luc. You can actually just rename the folder SecondLife2, it would have the same effect, because the viewer would still create a new Secondlife folder next time you logged in. Not sure why anyone would want to keep the renamed folder, but some people don`t like to throw stuff away so that could be an option LOLOL :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.