Where did my WindLight Presets go?

MeadowDaydream

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

all of my Windlight presets are missing. I don't know how to get all of the windlight settings that I've been using since day one. I dunno if something happened or what. There was always a loooong list of WL sky settings and now I only have two sky preset settings. https://imgur.com/a/W0shCqT

What is going on. Can someone please help get back all the original windlight presets pls and thank you. 

6 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, MeadowDaydream said:

all of my Windlight presets are missing. I don't know how to get all of the windlight settings that I've been using since day one. I dunno if something happened or what. There was always a loooong list of WL sky settings and now I only have two sky preset settings. https://imgur.com/a/W0shCqT

What is going on. Can someone please help get back all the original windlight presets pls and thank you. 

If you recently updated your viewer, you're now running with EEP and not windlights.

You may want to check out this blog article on it

EEP versus Windlight - Another New Normal (chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com)

Edited by Rowan Amore

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you recently updated your viewer, you're now running with EEP and not windlights.

You may want to check out this blog article on it

EEP versus Windlight - Another New Normal (chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com)

Is there a way to even get windlight back. I'd have to spend 10 - 20 minutes per photo with the WL settings. Now I feel like it just adds a lengthier photo shoot. I was already used to the WL settings. it's pretty dumb how we cannot have both features in one. And Seriously sure some may prefer the EEP version, but if I want to take a quick photo WL is prob the go to for easy access and good quality.

59 minutes ago, MeadowDaydream said:

Is there a way to even get windlight back. I'd have to spend 10 - 20 minutes per photo with the WL settings. Now I feel like it just adds a lengthier photo shoot. I was already used to the WL settings. it's pretty dumb how we cannot have both features in one. And Seriously sure some may prefer the EEP version, but if I want to take a quick photo WL is prob the go to for easy access and good quality.

You can uninstall the EEP version of your viewer and go back to a previous version -- this is if you are using a 3rd party viewer which you must be since the Linden viewer automatically updates and EEP has been in the official viewer for a long while now. 

So for example if you are using Firestorm you can go back to the BOM Firestorm and you will not be forced to update to an EEP viewer for for some time (unless they change that rule of course). Many of us are doing just that. 

It is important to note that while it was said EEP was "done" and we would just have to live with the issues, that LL has been working on EEP and some fixes will be incorporated into later viewer releases -- so that may help with the problems.   

You can get EEP versions of all the Windlights included in the 3rd party viewers. These can be found on the marketplace for free. You can also upload your personally made Windlights and make them into EEP skies but you need to have the Windlight skies to import. Hopefully you made a RESTORE of your viewer (this with Firestorm, not sure about other 3rd party viewers).   There is information on this in the EEP Knowledge base and I have several articles on EEP on my blog (look in the sidebar to find them or maybe search EEP).  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You can get EEP versions of all the Windlights included in the 3rd party viewers. These can be found on the marketplace for free. You can also upload your personally made Windlights and make them into EEP skies but you need to have the Windlight skies to import.

Many of them are also in the Library

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, MeadowDaydream said:

On 2/24/2021 at 1:21 AM, Yukiko Yeshto said:

You are not alone with that. It happened to me, and a few friends as well. After a clean un-/reinstall, everything was working smooth again. Didn't experience or hear of issues anymore after that.

Depending on your viewer and how you install updates, the WL settings are still there. Firestorm users look here:

C:\Users\[Win_User_ID]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64\user_settings\windlight\skies

A clean install will delete all the WL settings, as Yukiko found. You can back these files up before doing a clean install. But, you can download a nice collection of settings to replace the lost settings. (Windlight Firestorm) The old settings are XML files. The new EPP settings are assets. So, you'll never loose your settings from a clean install again.

The articles that describe how to add Windlight are in need of updating for EEP. Whatever WL Settings you download, put them in a folder that will be easy to find. You can import those settings. The viewer will convert WL XML file data to EEP assets.

Advice to roll back to a pre-EEP viewer is really bad for a number of reasons. A big one is that it  is another chance for the WL XML files to be deleted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.