COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are still hanging around with lock downs I don't know why, its is clear we are not getting any vaccine any nearby time.

They should lift lock down and we will bury fallen, continue with survivors.

There is no point waiting at home, virus going to stay with us very long time. Everyone getting in debt they have to pay long time and companies shutting down one after another people losing their job.

Only plus side of this pandemic I discovered SL forums lol :)

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

At least you qualify. Apparently over 60 compromised immune systems don't. So I have already said eff it. Why bother? No one gives a damn if I live or die. They only care if they live. FTW does not  mean For The Win.

There is a world wide shortage of vaccines.
Be lucky that the US has the resources and production capacity to roll out their program so quickly.  Of course that doesn't mean everybody can apply in the first rounds. It will at least take a few months more before everyone who likes to can have the first jab.
The US passed Europe by a lot already in the percentage of people vaccinated. Your current president and administration do care.

We have to be patient.

I got my first jab and now have to wait until end of May for the second one.
Praying that it will be available by then, because AstraZeneca is playing dirty games with the EU.
And my first shot was AstraZeneca.

Here in the NL authorities hope to have given everyone who wants to be vaccinated at least the first jab end of July.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Few adjustments and a a bit exptended

29 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

They may be afraid you could die from it.  I have been vaccinated in a two-step process with the Pfizer one and received a card with the batch number on it.  The first one I thought might be a placebo because with the second one I am fighting tiredness and other mild to moderate symptoms.  I just feel totally lousy to tell you the truth with the second one.  So, it's not completely innocuous.  My doctor knows and said that means "it's working".  I hope so cuz I don't feel so good at all but no fever nor like I'm going to die or anything.  I have decreased appetite too but still eat about half portions or so post 2nd dose of Covid vaccine.  

I've had the Pneumo-Vax vaccine several times now since I had pneumonia as a kid and that vaccine has worked wonders for me and kept me feeling great.  I don't know why, with Covid's main horrid side effect - pneumonia, doctors and others aren't considering giving out the Pneumo-Vax vaccine?

I've been taking vitamin-C supplement (fresh) and eating oranges.  Vitamin-C helps the absorption of iron and it helps me fight the fatigue somewhat.  

lol No. They aren't "afraid I could die from the vaccine".  This is Medicaid. The same Medicaid that has denied treatment for the very thing that compromised my immune system. This is what health care looks like in the US.

21 minutes ago, RunawayBunny said:

We are still hanging around with lock downs I don't know why, its is clear we are not getting any vaccine any nearby time.

They should lift lock down and we will bury fallen, continue with survivors.

There is no point waiting at home, virus going to stay with us very long time. Everyone getting in debt they have to pay long time and companies shutting down one after another people losing their job.

Only plus side of this pandemic I discovered SL forums lol :)

See, the problem is not whether we will get sick or infect others as much as lockdown is to the slow the spread and to keep emergency rooms from over-flowing.  California's second lockdown started in November of 2020 because our E.R. capacity fell below the required limit by law which is to have 15% of the E.R. kept open for other emergencies.  Our E.R. capacity in Los Angeles fell even lower than the 15% and went to minus zero E.R. capacity, meaning there was none and people were being treated in the ambulances that had to wait outside plus our hospitals were out of oxygen, etc.  

9 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

There is a world wide shortage of vaccines.
Be lucky that the US has the resources and production capacity to roll out their program so quickly.  Of course that doesn't mean everybody can apply in the first rounds. It will take a few months before everyone who likes to can have the first jab.
The US passed Europe by a lot already in the percentage of people vaccinated. Your current president and administration does care.

We have to be patient.

I got my first jab and now have to wait until end of may for the second one.
Praying that it will be available by then, because AstraZeneca is playing dirty games with the EU.
And my first shot was AstraZeneca.

I was flat out told I do not qualify. Meaning, I won't get the vaccine until everyone else has gotten it when I am at high risk. My doc told me I should qualify but when I signed up I was told NO,  you do not qualify for vaccination. 

Current admin doesn't even know I exist.

I've been patient for 50 years, how much longer do I need to be patient?

Not mad at you Sid and I'm not meaning to take it out on you or anyone else. It's just so damned frustrating to be treated like I haven't mattered my whole life.

I've pretty much given up on getting any kind of decent  medical care in the US.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

lol No. They aren't "afraid I could die from the vaccine".  This is Medicaid. The same Medicaid that has denied treatment for the very thing that compromised my immune system. This is what health care looks like in the US.

I was thinking perhaps you were denied because you were 60 and immunocompromised?  That does sound a bit strange as you are the first I've heard of this.  I know people in my building who might be immunocompromised from diabetes and have received the vaccine.

I've heard Medi-Caid sucks.  We do need a health care overhaul here undoubtedly.    I don't know what else to say.  

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

California's second lockdown started in November of 2020 because our E.R. capacity fell below the required limit by law which is to have 15% of the E.R. kept open for other emergencies.

I don't know about California but keeping hospitals open after economy collapses have no meaning we are slowly reaching point of public unrest while debt grows both in household and government.

Just now, FairreLilette said:

I was thinking perhaps you were denied because you were 60 and immunocompromised?  That does sound a bit strange as you are the first I've heard of this.  I know people in my building who might be immunocompromised from diabetes and have received the vaccine.

I've heard Medi-Caid sucks.  We do need a health care overhaul here undoubtedly.    I don't know what else to say.  

I'm over 60, like I said. People who are immunocompromised are supposed to be some of the first ones after essential personnel, along with being a senior citizen. Those two things should have put me in that group. For whatever reason, it didn't happen. So, as usual, I'm screwed and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

19 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'm over 60, like I said. People who are immunocompromised are supposed to be some of the first ones after essential personnel, along with being a senior citizen. Those two things should have put me in that group. For whatever reason, it didn't happen. So, as usual, I'm screwed and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

I see what you are saying.  

There is no excuse for our government to be like this, and I'd be furious like you are too.  All I can say is I hope another emergency vaccination plan opens up for you.  

28 minutes ago, RunawayBunny said:

I don't know about California but keeping hospitals open after economy collapses have no meaning we are slowly reaching point of public unrest while debt grows both in household and government.

I don't know where you are but according to our law, we have to lockdown.  Our hospitals are not allowed to go below 15% E.R. space open.   Also, we had an oxygen shortage here, plus there aren't enough personnel to care for the sick.  

However, Dr. Fauci, our main Center for Disease Control infectious expert said we are entering another surge with this news out just today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-warns-against-potential-new-covid-19-surge-as-cases-remain-high/ar-BB1f3xsH?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by FairreLilette

26 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Our hospitals are not allowed to go below 15% E.R. space open.

Yeah our IC units were over-capacity for awhile...not sure of the current status.

Bleh...I just had SO much exposure with this cat crisis. Hopefully nobody had Covid. I just couldn't let my kitty die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah our IC units were over-capacity for awhile...not sure of the current status.

Bleh...I just had SO much exposure with this cat crisis. Hopefully nobody had Covid. I just couldn't let my kitty die.

I hope kitty, you and everyone is alright.  

The stress of it all too has been tremendous.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I was flat out told I do not qualify. Meaning, I won't get the vaccine until everyone else has gotten it when I am at high risk. My doc told me I should qualify but when I signed up I was told NO,  you do not qualify for vaccination. 

Current admin doesn't even know I exist.

I've been patient for 50 years, how much longer do I need to be patient?

Not mad at you Sid and I'm not meaning to take it out on you or anyone else. It's just so damned frustrating to be treated like I haven't mattered my whole life.

I've pretty much given up on getting any kind of decent  medical care in the US.

If you can't get a vaccinated...

What you don't know about Covid...

Depending who one listens to and what country you live in there are or aren't drugs for treating CoVid. In America hydroxychloroquine was outlawed for a time. We have no idea how many died that could have been saved.

I suggest you visit America's Frontline Doctors and read up. You can talk to one of the member doctors and likely be prescribed one of the effective medications proven to be effective in treating CoVid. (Treatments)

In America hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) was blocked for use in treating CoVid. While much of the African population use HCQ like Americans use Tylenol and have for over 50 years, here it was declared unsafe. The Lancet ran a big article on how a HUGE medial study with 90,000 participants had found it dangerous, they had to retract the article when doctors started asking for details. It was revealed it was a fake non-existent study. So, how did it get in one of the world's most prestigious journals?

Also, an effective non-medical preventative is vitamin D and Zinc. While not 100% the results are statistically significant... again depending on who you listen to and chose to believe. But as you research these issues you will find a pattern among credible sources and which side they take.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

At least you qualify. Apparently over 60 compromised immune systems don't. So I have already said eff it. Why bother? No one gives a damn if I live or die. They only care if they live. FTW does not  mean For The Win.

Your state still isn't doing 60+ with or without other conditions?  That totally sucks.

Then again, if they keep making more and more people qualifying but don't have enough appointments available, we are still skewed anyway. 

Colorado opened it to 60+, or 50+ with underlying conditions, on March 5th. Then only one week later they opened it to everyone 50+ with or without underlying conditions, but the number of available appointments did not increase.  Finally last week, they opened up a few super large drive-thru locations across the state, but it is still hard to get an appt. anywhere near the metro areas.  And rumor has it they will open it up to everyone 16+ next week............. while there are hundreds or thousands in 50+ category that still can't find appts.  I've even expanded the distance that I am willing to drive, but there are a lot of folks that can't do that.

One of the few times that I wished I lived in some small town away from any metro area.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I have been vaccinated in a two-step process with the Pfizer one and received a card with the batch number on it.  The first one I thought might be a placebo because with the second one I am fighting tiredness and other mild to moderate symptoms.  I just feel totally lousy to tell you the truth with the second one.  So, it's not completely innocuous. 

Actually, it is not at all uncommon to feel blah after the second shot rather than the first.  Pfizer versus Moderna and people's ages and whether or not they have already had Covid -- those things all seem to impact whether someone feels ill after the first dose or the second dose or after both doses.

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, it is not at all uncommon to feel blah after the second shot rather than the first.  Pfizer versus Moderna and people's ages and whether or not they have already had Covid -- those things all seem to impact whether someone feels ill after the first dose or the second dose or after both doses.

The difference between the first and the second was like night to day.  The first like a placebo compared to the second.  With the first I had no ill effects and felt nothing, nada.  The second it's a fatigue battle.  Thanks for the info and my doctor is ever at the ready if I need him too.  

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Also, an effective non-medical preventative is vitamin D and Zinc.

I know a doctor's wife who told me her doctor husband takes Zinc every day.  Once I asked a female doctor I had what she took to not catch colds and flu during cold season and she told me takes a lot of vitamin-C.  So, I asked my doctor about taking some extra C.  He said it's fine in the amount I'm using.  He likes the fact I eat oranges too as it's the whole fruit minus the peel of course and it's the freshest.  During cold season I often take vitamin-C with Zinc supplements as does my whole family actually.  But, again, I know a doctor who takes Zinc supplements every day and people can say he's weird but he wouldn't care...it's what he does, but I see no reason for every day.  But, I don't think they are preventative.  But, I also have been walking about in the sun the last three days to see if getting vitamin-D from the sun would help any with my fatigue and I can report no not yet, no difference.  What I read today, and I believe this, we all are going to react uniquely.  

Edited by FairreLilette

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

So yeah, sited website?  I'll pass.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/americas-frontline-doctors/

and who is checking these fact checker sites?

Scam site “Media Bias Fact Check” caught cribbing its ratings from Wikipedia

The public’s paranoia toward “fake news” over the past year has opened the door for a different kind of scam artistry: websites that try to get ahead by tricking the public into believing that real news outlets are fake. One of the most notorious scams has come in the form of a site called Media Bias Fact Check, which offers no information of the sort, and instead offers amateurish “ratings” of various news outlets. These ratings are inaccurate, useless, and changed at random. Even worse, in at least some instances, its “ratings” are simply based on information it’s cribbed from Wikipedia.

MEDIA BIAS FACT CHECK site owner admits he is unqualified and misrepresented himself as a seasoned journalist.

Putting your trust and asking for ours in the ratings of a website that has no qualified people to even judge the medical science is highly questionable. For some people who might not be able to get vaccinated soon or at all, the remedies these real frontline Doctors are recommending could well be the difference between life and death but you want us to take the word of some amateur raters over at Media Bias Check? What is your bias in this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The public’s paranoia toward “fake news” over the past year has opened the door for a different kind of scam artistry: websites that try to get ahead by tricking the public into believing that real news outlets are fake. One of the most notorious scams has come in the form of a site called Media Bias Fact Check, which offers no information of the sort, and instead offers amateurish “ratings” of various news outlets. These ratings are inaccurate, useless, and changed at random. Even worse, in at least some instances, its “ratings” are simply based on information it’s cribbed from Wikipedia.

MEDIA BIAS FACT CHECK site owner admits he is unqualified and misrepresented himself as a seasoned journalist.

Putting your trust and asking for ours in the ratings of a website that has no qualified people to even judge the medical science is highly questionable. For some people who might not be able to get vaccinated soon or at all, the remedies these real frontline Doctors are recommending could well be the difference between life and death but you want us to take the word of some amateur raters over at Media Bias Check? What is your bias in this?

I actually checked that website in several places and they pretty much said the same thing.  Bogus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/08/03/americas-frontline-doctors-dangerous-viral-video-column/5550377002/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/22/coronavirus-misinformation-simone-gold-americas-frontline-doctors

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

So yeah, sited website?  I'll pass.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/americas-frontline-doctors/

Rather then evaluate a site one's self people run off and take the opinion of someone they don't know. Or it goes against what they think they know and they write it off, a confirmation bias thing.

Propagandists now run their own set of sites. While Pinky may not have figured that out I am sure the Brain did. So things are not simple and simple approaches won't work.

America's Frontline Doctors (AFD) are practicing doctors and that requires they be licensed. They are writing prescriptions and that also requires they be licensed. The HCQ cost is about $37 for 100 - 200mg tablets. So sales is not going to be a high incentive for these people.

However, CoVid vaccine does go for about US$20/dose and generally 2 doses are required. $40 x 330,000,000 Americans would be = US$13,200,000,000. I think that could be significant incentive.

The hour video at AFD describing the vaccines and problems is accompanied by a written transcript (you have to look for it) with 78 footnotes referencing the CDC, HHS, CHS, NIH (UK), several major American and European newspapers that quote various medical studies and journals, major medical journals, major and minor medical universities and colleges, and 14 studies by respected organizations. But because they are quoted on a website they suddenly cannot be trusted?

Arielle points out below the problems we have with fact checking sites. So, why would one not look at the information and make a decision for one's self? Oh... wait... there are people that are incapable of that kind of decision making. I guess one has to decide if they are part of that group... (we need a good tongue in cheek emoticon)

5 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

CoVid is life threatening for certain people and specific demographic groups. So there are serious questions that need to be considered by people outside those groups before taking an experimental vaccine. The first SARS vaccine was never tested on humans as it created ADE in the test animals. We don't know if this SARS vaccine will induce ADE. If it does, we will have a massive problem this coming fall.

• Like 1

Why do people believe their doctor on all kinds of medical treats, but when it comes to a simple vaccination there are so many theories about what can go wrong?

There is no medicine in the world that has no possible side effects. And the long term ones always show after years of use, just like the very seldom ones. That is all totally normal.
Moderna, Pfizer and AstraZeneca are used many million times already and show good results and very minor\acceptable side effects. The rest is pure guessing and making people totally unnecessary afraid, all happeing from outside the medical world.

If you read the list of possible side affects for simple every day pain killers ....... and you compare them with the covid vaccines.
And what to gain from them. I role up my sleeve.

If my doctor says I should take the vaccine (and he did) then I take it. I studied teaching and he medicine.
So he is the competent one in that field.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Why do people believe their doctor on all kinds of medical treats, but when it comes to a simple vaccination there are so many theories about what can go wrong?

There is no medicine in the world that has no possible side effects. And the long term ones always show after years of use, just like the very seldom ones. That is all totally normal.
Moderna, Pfizer and AstraZeneca are used many million times already and show good results and very minor\acceptable side effects. The rest is pure guessing and making people totally unnecessary afraid, all happeing from outside the medical world.

If you read the list of possible side affects for simple every day pain killers ....... and you compare them with the covid vaccines.
And what to gain from them. I role up my sleeve.

If my doctor says I should take the vaccine (and he did) then I take it. I studied teaching and he medicine.
So he is the competent one in that field.

My favorite is the contraceptive pill. One side effect can be unwanted pregnency. 🤣

• Haha 2

Ugh, so my grandmother is 88 and will not sign up for the vaccine. She's a cross between Madea and Sophia from Golden girls, just to give you an idea of what she's like.  She's my only living close relative down here in the US and she absolutely won't take it. I spent an hour yesterday debating her because she is afraid she is going to "catch the flu" (her words not mine). I whittled her down to admitting that she's had vaccines before and hasn't gotten sick, but in the end she went back to "I just don't want to catch the flu". It's so painful...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.