COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Also, for the Lindens - can you please remove the cartoon conspiracy post and not lock the thread? Everyone else here has been civil, please don't let one troll wreck it for us - thanks :)

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Scammers in general are always out in full force during any sort of disaster - even more so when the government is giving money to folks.

I know, it just winds me up >:( Have enough worries about vulnerable relatives without thinking of the possibility of con artists scamming them too. 

59 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There is virtually nothing in that pile of recycled refuse that hasn't been debunked dozens of times over by credible sources. But that really doesn't matter, does it, if you're working on Goebbel's principle: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

I can engage civilly with people who believe garbage, but who are willing to discuss it and defend it.

But it actually angers me to see this forum used to simply unload deliberate, calculated disinformation in the way that this poster does, continually. They don't engage, they don't discuss, they don't justify or defend. They seed the place with crap, and then disappear until they've collected enough excrement for a return visit.

And I've simply had enough of it.

What I find interesting about people such as iceing is that they're actually victimizing themselves. Three of the websites linked in his post are all managed by the same company. I used one of my test e-mail addresses to get on their sign up list, then went back to the websites and got hit by a magnificent number of trackers and my e-mail in box is being spammed by advertisers for all manner of products for the ignorant. Big Money knows exactly what it's doing, and it's doing it to iceing.

Poor fella, he knows not what he does.

• Like 2

I generally don't share here but why not. 

So in my little country the vaccination willingness just stepped over 50% just after fb and likes stepped up against the antivax 💩

And the mortality rate is high. We lost somebody in the family over Christmas. 

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Commentary and political opinion are one thing.

This is spam. And ignorant, dangerous spam at that.

AR'ed.

I'm not sure if it's spam, maybe harassment.  I found some of it "threatening".  I've had the COVID vaccine.  It made me a bit tired for a little over three weeks.  I'm not dying obviously from the vaccine...no fever, no major "flu-like" symptoms to report, no trouble breathing from the vaccine, no body aches.   Mostly tired.  

• Harassment: Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. Harassment can include text or images that contain racist, threatening, abusive or hateful material.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

No, your credit score continues to be updated normally, but people (including you) can't open accounts or take out loans when your credit file is frozen. It's a small hassle to thaw and refreeze when you want to buy a car, or open a bank account, but that doesn't happen often... for me.

Thank you for that information. That's something I think I'm going to talk over with my husband..

The more and more companies that we are involved with that keep switching companies to handle their accounts, the more leery I get..

sorry for not responding sooner, but I was so tired I had to go to sleep.. hehehe

So... after 4 hours sleep I'm up and wide awake again. Partly because my partner got up to use the bathroom and made a noise, and partly because my left arm hurts rather a lot and I think I may have rolled over onto it. My right arm also hurts from sleeping four hours on the "wrong" side (I'm accustomed to sleeping mostly on my left). 

The fever and flueyness is mostly gone I think, but I suspect this "being wide awake" is another side effect. But hey, SL is here. 😁

• Like 1

This morning WaPo has this:

NIH questions AstraZeneca trial data, calls it ‘incomplete’

British-Swedish pharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca may have only used partial data when it announced the results from a U.S. trial of its coronavirus vaccine, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said Tuesday in a highly unusual rebuke.

[...]

Scientists are describing the reaction as unusual and unprecedented for the agency.

[All presumably unrelated to the recent blip of very rare blood clot incidents that may yet be interesting for what it may reveal about that particular very rare type of blood clot, but utterly insignificant in the context of any COVID vaccination program. Rather I suspect this may question the robustness of the vaccine's antibodies to variants more recent than the trial data.]

Every day, multiple times a day, since early March, I've been checking 4 different locations for any new available appointments.  Then last week, a sort-of-close (20-25 minutes away) Fire Station announced it was going to start doing vaccine clinics.  Of course all appointments were immediately booked up before I even heard about it. They said they would post the schedule for this week once they determined days & hours.  I monitored the website all last Friday evening, and all day Saturday, Sunday, and yesterday.  No signup schedule was posted by the time I went to bed last night - roughly 10:30 pm.  I checked as soon as I got logged in this morning - approx. 7:30 am and the schedule for this week was finally posted --- and ALL appointments for Tue-Sat were already booked.

I'm honestly getting sick & tired of having to constantly go out to tons of different web sites to try and find an appointment.  I'm just about to the point of saying "f*** it, I'll come check again in a month or two".

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Every day, multiple times a day, since early March, I've been checking 4 different locations for any new available appointments.  Then last week, a sort-of-close (20-25 minutes away) Fire Station announced it was going to start doing vaccine clinics.  Of course all appointments were immediately booked up before I even heard about it. They said they would post the schedule for this week once they determined days & hours.  I monitored the website all last Friday evening, and all day Saturday, Sunday, and yesterday.  No signup schedule was posted by the time I went to bed last night - roughly 10:30 pm.  I checked as soon as I got logged in this morning - approx. 7:30 am and the schedule for this week was finally posted --- and ALL appointments for Tue-Sat were already booked.

I'm honestly getting sick & tired of having to constantly go out to tons of different web sites to try and find an appointment.  I'm just about to the point of saying "f*** it, I'll come check again in a month or two".

That's all I'm doing is waiting..

I figure, last year around this time, people were going bonkers and over board for toilet paper, for reasons that I still don't know why..

They'll be in full bore mode now..

It's probably gonna be hard pressed for a little while to find an opening for a shot until things calm down..

• Like 1

The Governor keeps touting that within a few weeks they'll be able to open up the vaccine to everyone 16+, but just because everyone is eligible to get the vaccine does not mean that everyone can actually get it.

Everybody has known since the beginning of this that a vaccine would eventually get here.  Why in the hell did the state not spend the time last year on getting a statewide system in place for registering and getting the shot?  Instead, I have to go to the websites of individual corporations.  Even the all-in-one 'vaccine finder' web pages just simply end up directing you to each individual corporate webpage. 

We all waste so much time going from website to website to website.  I'm just not going to do it anymore.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling

How about this one ...

Cellular 5G (not the WiFi kind) can transfer power wirelessly to charge small devices like earbuds over a longer range. From what I've read, this part is true. Sounds awesome.

1072315986_upside-down-emoji-Copy.png.61581078aa6e1e686d3502d563859f62.png However, the "nanobots" they are injecting with the vaccine are dormant now. The wireless power will activate them to create a permanent trackable universally unique identifier of you.

Imagine if one day "they" said "Yeah, this is what we're doing. You can't power this off or suck it out through your belly button. You do as we say or you don't eat. Deal with it."

Me? I'm getting the vaccine as soon as I can. I would rather be going for a jog with my fully charged earbuds than running about in the woods hiding from Boston Dynamics. 1072315986_upside-down-emoji-Copy.png.61581078aa6e1e686d3502d563859f62.png

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Governor keeps touting that within a few weeks they'll be able to open up the vaccine to everyone 16+, but just because everyone is eligible to get the vaccine does not mean that everyone can actually get it.

Everybody has known since the beginning of this that a vaccine would eventually get here.  Why in the hell did the state not spend the time last year on getting a statewide system in place for registering and getting the shot?  Instead, I have to go to the websites of individual corporations.  Even the all-in-one 'vaccine finder' web pages just simply end up directing you to each individual corporate webpage.  We all waste so much time going from website to website to website.  I'm just not going to do it anymore.

I was hearing something just a few minutes ago about them having a pill form around June.. So it will be just a matter of time that it will be much easier to distribute..

Let me grab it out of my youtube history..

He doesn't go into a lot of detail about it , but touches on it some..

It's that same guy I've been watching since the pandemic started.. He's been pretty reliable so far.. hehehe

• Like 2

I just read that in are lovely capital the police investigated a gym ...

(You need to know that if you are an athlete who is partaking races you can go to the gym.)

Where they found 170 (10101010, one hundred and seventy) people how are apparently all member of a sport club and training for a race ...

And some are surprised that the numbers are going up. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 7:14 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

At least you qualify. Apparently over 60 compromised immune systems don't. So I have already said eff it. Why bother? No one gives a damn if I live or die. They only care if they live. FTW does not  mean For The Win.

Canada is way, way, way behind the States in vaccine availability, but fortunately for us the US hasn't yet approved emergency use of its hoard of AstraZeneca, so it's shipping its current stash to Mexico and Canada whilst it weighs the data. This actually makes sense from an "America First" perspective: as long as those vaccines aren't able to be used domestically, it's a win for them to be used somewhere—anywhere—to reduce the total volume of virus floating around the planet, mutating.

So quite by surprise my pharmacy started taking pre-registrations from otherwise ineligible people like me. They can't begin to schedule appointments yet because they don't know how much vaccine to expect nor when to expect it, but still I can't describe how much my attitude improved with just this glimmer of hope, at best still weeks away.

Tangential: Back when vaccines were still hypothetical, there was very basic uncertainty about how best to sequence who should get the shots. It was by no means certain that the most vulnerable would be the right ones to be first vaccinated. Instead of those most likely to get sickest and die from the virus, there was some thought that maybe the first should be those most likely to spread it: the healthiest, most active people under 40. I'm no epidemiologist, not even the armchair variety, but it does seem an interesting question for future potential (or sci-fi) pandemics: Who gets vaccinated as a function of vaccine efficacy, projected vaccine availability, patterns of spread, lethality, rate of mutation resistance, even species viability in the case of catastrophic collapse of the global economy. It all could have been so much worse, and there's no guarantee it won't be, next time.

A heads up. If you have animal pets be sure and see if your vet is still around. I had a sick kitty and had a helluva time getting care for her as so many offices had closed and others had no space for new clients due to the chaos of Covid (still not sure of all the reasons why so many vets had to close offices and others became filled to capacity, or if this is only specific to my town. However a clinic said Covid was one of the factors).

Finally got her in to an emergency care hospital and called around to find a new vet for follow up visits.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Sad 1

On 3/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, Evah Baxton said:

How about this one ...

1072315986_upside-down-emoji-Copy.png.61581078aa6e1e686d3502d563859f62.png However, the "nanobots" they are injecting with the vaccine are dormant now. The wireless power will activate them to create a permanent trackable universally unique identifier of you.

I doubt anyone can find any credible proof of that one. 🤪 Nano tech is simply not that well developed.

CoVid things people don’t know…

There is so much misinformation and propaganda flooding the media most people are totally confused or… if watching ONLY a single corporate media channel or the government’s ‘statements*’, are ridiculously misinformed.

*The CDC makes public press statements. But often their ‘papers’ on the same subject disagree with the official statements and recommendations issued. This contradictory style of information presentation from a supposed single entity requires some effort to sort through.

Start with the vaccine. Start by defining what a vaccine is. CDC: Vaccine definition. This is a definition that has been in use forever. So, we all have a pretty good generic idea of what a vaccine is. But, get the precise definition. Otherwise, you won’t be able to sort through the various claims being made by the various players.

Pfizer, Moderna, and (I think) Astra-Zeneca make what we call CoVid Vaccines using mRNA to manipulate our healthy cells into making something that eventually simulates our immune system.  

An NPR made video explains how mRNA works. Some people are calling the process described in the video as gene therapy. Now we need to define gene therapy. Problem. Finding a clear definition of gene therapy is difficult. The science/therapy is too new for a hard definition. The best I found is a footnote in an FDA page on how gene therapy works. The FDA also has a short video on what gene therapy is.

If you have studied cell organization and operation, you may notice the NPR video leaves out details the FDA information includes. Basically, the RNA introduced in the jab attaches to (changes) the cell’s DNA causing the cell to produce a protein it could not previously produce. This is the exact same thing gene therapies and viruses do.

The NPR video shows the RNA entering the cells and stops. But a cell is an engine that processes the DNA instructions to reproduce itself and build the nutrients our bodies need. The only way a cell’s behavior changes is if the DNA changes.

The argument of whether the mRNA injections are a vaccine or gene therapy is a solid: yes. Those arguing RNA treatment is NOT a vaccine are technically right BUT that is quibbling about technicalities. For all practical purposes it fills the common idea of a vaccine. However, those that say the vaccines are NOT gene therapy are lying. It is interesting to note which groups say what about the ‘vaccines’ to promote their viewpoint. And why would people deny a gene therapy is a gene therapy? Have you asked why lately?

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No one gives a damn if I live or die

They may be afraid you could die from it.  I have been vaccinated in a two-step process with the Pfizer one and received a card with the batch number on it.  The first one I thought might be a placebo because with the second one I am fighting tiredness and other mild to moderate symptoms.  I just feel totally lousy to tell you the truth with the second one.  So, it's not completely innocuous.  My doctor knows and said that means "it's working".  I hope so cuz I don't feel so good at all but no fever nor like I'm going to die or anything.  I have decreased appetite too but still eat about half portions or so post 2nd dose of Covid vaccine.  

I've had the Pneumo-Vax vaccine several times now since I had pneumonia as a kid and that vaccine has worked wonders for me and kept me feeling great.  I don't know why, with Covid's main horrid side effect - pneumonia, doctors and others aren't considering giving out the Pneumo-Vax vaccine?

I've been taking vitamin-C supplement (fresh) and eating oranges.  Vitamin-C helps the absorption of iron and it helps me fight the fatigue somewhat.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.