COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the U.S., If you haven't done your taxes yet and were or are on unemployement, just hold off to see what happens with the stimulus bill in the house.

If this stimulus bill passes the house, which it should and you've already done your taxes and were on unemployment in 2020..

You'll want to do an amended return using a 1040-x form when the irs starts taking in amended returns..

The first $10,000.00 of unemployment will be tax exempt.. Not just in 2021 but in 2020..

So if you got a return, that will bump it up, or if you had to pay, you may end up getting money back now..

If The stimulus bill passes the house, that is..

I was doing taxes last weekend for a few people, so I'm going to end up doing 4 amended returns when the time comes, if it passes.. Although one was right at the 10k mark so I might not have to do that one..

I wish I would have waited now.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Our government already gave up.. Subject removed from headlines but understandable.

They don't have economic power to lock people at home. When people hungry and have to work for daily expenses you cannot lock them, nowadays they say something like "take care of your self" but they will not get into details :)

Edited by RunawayBunny
Typos Grammar etc.. :3

Rant: 

lately i feel like people get so heated with topics within anything COVID-related and it's just hard to speak to anyone about it, worried that you're gonna get slashed at any statement you make. why can't we just be civil these days?

Share:

i am glad states are re-opening. we need to get back to normal at SOME degree. i don't like how rapidly we are doing it here in the USA, but we gotta figure out a better plan so we don't have repeats of 2020. 

PSA:

i hope everyone is staying safe. ❤️

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

lately i feel like people get so heated with topics within anything COVID-related and it's just hard to speak to anyone about it, worried that you're gonna get slashed at any statement you make. why can't we just be civil these days?

I agree! I think everyone's so sick of it now, tempers are rising... but there's no need for people to insult each other. 

It's strange to think the UK had its last normal week exactly a year ago.

28 minutes ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

PSA:

i hope everyone is staying safe. ❤️

You too! ❤️

• Like 2

@Rat LuvI don't think this goes against the topic rules but if it does, let me know and I'll clean it out.

I was feeling content at not suffering any side-effects from the jab except a bit of extra weariness, but my mood just dipped a little on seeing a video on a channel I knew nothing about.  A friend pointed me to it, and it's jaw-dropping.  At least mine was from AstraZeneca not Pfizer. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Rat LuvI don't think this goes against the topic rules but if it does, let me know and I'll clean it out.

No, not at all, it's just when people start kicking lumps out of each other the Lindens get their padlocks out :)

That is very disturbing and I'm sure it goes on a lot with big pharma companies :(

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a letter from my State Unemployment office notifying me that someone had applied for unemployment in my name and if it wasn't me to go do the Fraud report on it.  I was quite surprised, because it definitely was not me.  I did some research and found that fraudulent unemployment claims have skyrocketed in the last year.  Not totally surprised, after thinking about it.

Not only did I have to file the fraud notice for the unemployment claim, but it was recommended that I put a fraud alert on my credit file and lock it from inquiries for a year, to prevent anyone from doing anything new in my name - just in case.  TOTAL PITA.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

it was recommended that I put a fraud alert on my credit file and lock it from inquiries for a year, to prevent anyone from doing anything new in my name - just in case

I've got permanent freezes on my credit file with all the agencies. I unlock only when necessary, always for a specified amount of time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've got permanent freezes on my credit file with all the agencies. I unlock only when necessary, always for a specified amount of time.

I check my credit file a couple of times a year, but never really thought about putting the freeze on it before.  It makes total sense, so I'll likely keep the freeze there, even after the fraud alert expires in a year.

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
32 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I check my credit file a couple of times a year, but never really thought about putting the freeze on it before.  It makes total sense, so I'll likely keep the freeze there, even after the fraud alert expires in a year.

I've placed freezes on mine when the Equifax breach news broke.  I need to check to see if the freezes are still there.

5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Wow, that guy was a fool to even try to taunt that world.. hehehe

I didn't really know exactly what it was,but only seen some of their adds..

Does freezing your credit reports impact your credit? I'm not really sure how that works to be honest..

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Wow, that guy was a fool to even try to taunt that world.. hehehe

I didn't really know exactly what it was,but only seen some of their adds..

Does freezing your credit reports impact your credit? I'm not really sure how that works to be honest..

No, your credit score continues to be updated normally, but people (including you) can't open accounts or take out loans when your credit file is frozen. It's a small hassle to thaw and refreeze when you want to buy a car, or open a bank account, but that doesn't happen often... for me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iceing Braveheart said:

A lot of stuff...

I was curious, so I pulled the privacy report from Safari after following the links in iceing's post.

1160115439_ScreenShot2021-03-19at5_41_45PM.thumb.png.c0826b7f27d30d94e115680527fed90d.png

The first four websites in that list are in iceing's list of links. They're apparently responsible for more tracking activity than all the other places I've visited in the last 30 days. I think iceing is worrying about the wrong nefarious actors.

;-).

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

isn't there something like lifelock that you can use also?

Yeah, but they charge money for doing what we can do ourselves for free -- and they aren't always so good at it anyways.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Commentary and political opinion are one thing.

This is spam. And ignorant, dangerous spam at that.

AR'ed.

I don't think that many people know this, but since SARS in 2003. They actually banned the patenting of viruses. So yeah, the whole bill gates stuff, is a load of rubbish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I don't think that many people know this, but since SARS in 2003. They actually banned the patenting of viruses. So yeah, the whole bill gates stuff, is a load of rubbish.

There is virtually nothing in that pile of recycled refuse that hasn't been debunked dozens of times over by credible sources. But that really doesn't matter, does it, if you're working on Goebbel's principle: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

I can engage civilly with people who believe garbage, but who are willing to discuss it and defend it.

But it actually angers me to see this forum used to simply unload deliberate, calculated disinformation in the way that this poster does, continually. They don't engage, they don't discuss, they don't justify or defend. They seed the place with crap, and then disappear until they've collected enough excrement for a return visit.

And I've simply had enough of it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There is virtually nothing in that pile of recycled refuse that hasn't been debunked dozens of times over by credible sources. But that really doesn't matter, does it, if you're working on Goebbel's principle: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

I can engage civilly with people who believe garbage, but who are willing to discuss it and defend it.

But it actually angers me to see this forum used to simply unload deliberate, calculated disinformation in the way that this poster does, continually. They don't engage, they don't discuss, they don't justify or defend. They seed the place with crap, and then disappear until they've collected enough excrement for a return visit.

And I've simply had enough of it.

I totally agree with you, and with a bit more research. You will find that in 2009, was the last time that someone actually patented a virus. In a biomedical lab in England, but they had patented a strain of the avian flu that affected livestock. So yeah, I don't get how these people believe this rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I totally agree with you, and with a bit more research. You will find that in 2009, was the last time that someone actually patented a virus. In a biomedical lab in England, but they had patented a strain of the avian flu that affected livestock. So yeah, I don't get how these people believe this rubbish.

Well, maybe this explains it?  I've had that person blocked since they posted the same type of crap in another thread a few months back.  I did unblock their post today only to AR them.

tinfoilhat.gif

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.