COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

No, the problem is that the religious right who live mostly in rural areas are less likely to trust in Science and the vaccine.

No, people in general religious or not, are less likely to accept things that are being pushed onto them by control freaks.

To a conservative even the nicest request for a change in behavior is usually perceived as a form of control.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

To a conservative even the nicest request for a change in behavior is perceived as a form of control.

Maybe then the liberal ought to look closer at themselves to see what it is about themselves and body language, tone, or even specific words that is still conveying that controlling attitude.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe then the liberal ought to look closer at themselves to see what it is about themselves and body language, tone, or even specific words that is still conveying that controlling attitude.

I don't know what part of "this is a public health issue not a politic issue" you don't get.  You are endangering the lives of others with your belief the media is publishing truths just for you and perhaps one other person in this thread.  When COVID hits your area and there is no room in the E.R. for you, you may grow up a bit and out of your entitlement mentality.

• Like 2

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

To a conservative even the nicest request for a change in behavior is perceived as a form of control.

How is it controlling to ask you to pay attention to accepted Science for treatments instead of fixating on a de-wormer (Ivermectin)?  Isn't it you who is controlling by rebelling against accepted Science via searching for unproven drugs as well as dissing mask-wearing and formulating strange theories on herd immunity (along with so many other beliefs I can't remember atm) that you have graced us with on these Covid threads?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

How is it controlling to ask you to pay attention to accepted Science for treatments instead of fixating on a de-wormer (Ivermectin)?  Isn't it you who is controlling by rebelling against accepted Science via searching for unproven drugs as well as dissing mask-wearing and formulating strange theories on herd immunity (along with so many other beliefs I can't remember atm) that you have graced us with on these Covid threads?

Whatever my beliefs, you could try this suggestion that is used in the groups I attend. "Take what you can use and leave the rest". You even have the ability to block me completely so perhaps a suggestion for both you and Fairre as it is seemingly a threat to your peace of mind.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

How is it controlling to ask you to pay attention to accepted Science for treatments instead of fixating on a de-wormer (Ivermectin)? 

Because the gummint won't let them drink bleach or use bright lights as cures.  I'm sayin'!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Whatever my beliefs

I make no assumptions about your beliefs, now that I know about "Just a Question".  For me personally, that makes it all more entertaining, in an otherworldly terrifying way, of course. 

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Vaccines are not a treatment. Those who are in hospital today have no hope under the plan you think they should follow. That is why people continue to die.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Whatever my beliefs, you could try this suggestion that is used in the groups I attend. "Take what you can use and leave the rest". You even have the ability to block me completely so perhaps a suggestion for both you and Fairre as it is seemingly a threat to your peace of mind.

I would be remiss or neglectful not to counter ideas that have caused thousands of deaths, and will cause more (from Covid) and lead this country into a Christian Fascism that causes untold suffering via trampling on the human rights of so many people.

Edited by Luna Bliss

25 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

My friend had no easy routine hysterectomy she needed, it was serious as she had bleeding and her uterus fell to a very uncomfortable place that she couldn't hardly sit and she had to wait a year.

Awful that it happens "here" (in the US), let alone anywhere. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I make no assumptions about your beliefs, now that I know about "Just a Question".  For me personally, that makes it all more entertaining, in an otherworldly terrifying way, of course. 

cc597a07e263c767596744037495aad6.960x960

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I would be remiss or neglectful not to counter ideas that have caused thousands of deaths, and will cause more (from Covid) and lead this country into a Christian Fascism that causes untold suffering via trampling on the human rights of so many people.

You have an internet full of people who are probably a lot more dangerous than I in that regard. Quit wasting your time here and go forth and spread your gospel!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Vaccines are not a treatment. Those who are in hospital today have no hope under the plan you think they should follow. That is why people continue to die.

There is much research underway with various substances/drugs that will be used in treatment for Covid patients. Some 'drugs' are already in use.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You have an internet full of people who are probably a lot more dangerous than I in that regard. Quit wasting your time here and go forth and spread your gospel!

I participate in several forums. Is there some reason I should not participate in this one?

26 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Before you start judging me or the things I have said in this thread, I suggest you look at the evidence I have presented throughout. The reason those doctors and nurses are so busy is that the governing health bodies do not give them easy access to treatments and drugs that would cut patient ICU time to 10% of the time required now if it is even successful which in a lot of cases it isn't. If the treatments like Ivermecting were readily avaialble and recommended by FDA etc, these people would not even need to be in hospital! I know you have said you don't have the time to look at the links I provided but since you do seem to have time to come in here  to post condemning both Natales and I, then you have time to watch these before doing so again.

Even the company who stands to make billions of dollars IF it worked as these doctors claim had this to say

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 

No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 

A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Even the company who stands to make billions of dollars IF it worked as these doctors claim had this to say

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 

No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 

A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

yes and afterwards Merck signed for this deal

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/merck-coronavirus-drug-supply-operation-warp-speed/592712/

Dive Brief:

The U.S. government will pay Merck & Co. $356 million for between 60,000 and 100,000 doses of an experimental drug being tested as a treatment of gravely ill patients hospitalized with COVID-19. Merck acquired the drug, dubbed MK-7110, in a $425 million buyout of the biotech OncoImmune last month.

The therapy is designed to tamp down on the body's inflammatory response to coronavirus infections, which can cause complications and death even after virus replication is brought under control. The approach is similar to the thinking behind repurposing anti-inflammatory drugs from Roche, Regeneron and others, although clinical trials of those therapies have failed or produced mixed results.

The deal announced Wednesday suggests the U.S. government sees a continued need for new drugs for severely sick patients even as it rolls out a mass vaccination program with newly authorized shots from Pfizer and Moderna.

Better a new drug with patent then an old one without I suppose.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No one is saying vaccines are a treatment that just proves again you cannot use logic nor common sense at all.  You just keep going like a wheel turning back to your belief from 15 months ago when HCQ and azithromycin were suggested at the beginning of COVID before there was anything else.  No one here thinks vaccines are a treatment!  They are, however, the only way to herd immunity.  And, that is what Luna was speaking about.

I think some of you have the patience of saints with much of this that just keeps going on and on like a breaking record from Arielle and another in this thread.  I think Arielle wants to appear as a Republican stalwart champion wherein only she and others of the religious right know the truth.   Meanwhile, these beliefs could hurt ourselves and our families as we fail at herd immunity.

I've already told Arielle that other treatments are being tested but not everything is reported about "trials", it's far, far too early.  I also wrote in a post it could take years for a cocktail but she does not listen.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

yes and afterwards Merck signed for this deal

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/merck-coronavirus-drug-supply-operation-warp-speed/592712/

Dive Brief:

The U.S. government will pay Merck & Co. $356 million for between 60,000 and 100,000 doses of an experimental drug being tested as a treatment of gravely ill patients hospitalized with COVID-19. Merck acquired the drug, dubbed MK-7110, in a $425 million buyout of the biotech OncoImmune last month.

The therapy is designed to tamp down on the body's inflammatory response to coronavirus infections, which can cause complications and death even after virus replication is brought under control. The approach is similar to the thinking behind repurposing anti-inflammatory drugs from Roche, Regeneron and others, although clinical trials of those therapies have failed or produced mixed results.

The deal announced Wednesday suggests the U.S. government sees a continued need for new drugs for severely sick patients even as it rolls out a mass vaccination program with newly authorized shots from Pfizer and Moderna.

Better a new drug with patent then an old one without I suppose.

Or one that might work as opposed to one that has been shown not to?

Another swing and a miss.  

They also paid more to acquire than they received from the government.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/merck-acquires-oncoimmune-to-ramp-supply-of-promising-covid-19-drug.html

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Oh for the love of ....

Give it up already and peddle your wares elsewhere.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you, @Klytyna and a few others for consistently adding to my reputation. If it was not for you, I would hardly have any!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh well great, link me to the study.

I said might as opposed to doesn't like Ivermectin.  

They have stopped trial as of now so they lost roughly 70 million dollars in their attempt.  Yet still, they aren't pushing Ivermectin.  I wonder why?  

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-to-discontinue-development-of-mk-7110-for-covid-19/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.