Jump to content

COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Guess you missed my earlier post?

Leronlimab has been granted Emergency Investigational New Drug (EIND) status by the FDA for use in COVID-19 patients.

No. But an EIND and a EUA are very different things.

If one follows CytoDyn's FDA proces, it looks like a game of Calvin Ball.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The current thread discussion is focused on medications to deal with symptoms, affects (cytokine storms, inflammation, etc.) for people already having COVID.  Right? (Not vaccinations to actually prevent the disease and affects.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The current thread discussion is focused on medications to deal with symptoms, affects (cytokine storms, inflammation, etc.) for people already having COVID.  Right? (Not vaccinations to actually prevent the disease and affects.)

 

That’s my understanding too! It’s turning into a cytokines storm in a teacup 😅

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

https://www.koin.com/news/special-reports/cytodyn-expects-to-release-covid-trial-data-stock-price-seesaws/

https://lawstreetmedia.com/health/class-action-alleges-cytodyns-touting-of-hiv-drug-as-covid-19-treatment-inflated-stock-prices/

“Since the beginning of the global COVID-19 pandemic, however, CytoDyn has made an about-face and has begun to aggressively tout Leronlimab as a treatment for COVID-19,” the complaint claimed.

After this alleged “hyping” of the drug, CytoDyn stock rose from less than $1 per share throughout 2019 to its peak of $10 per share on June 30, 2020, according to the complaint. 

Or, instead of following the process, follow the money as some are fond of saying.

 

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

https://www.koin.com/news/special-reports/cytodyn-expects-to-release-covid-trial-data-stock-price-seesaws/

https://lawstreetmedia.com/health/class-action-alleges-cytodyns-touting-of-hiv-drug-as-covid-19-treatment-inflated-stock-prices/

“Since the beginning of the global COVID-19 pandemic, however, CytoDyn has made an about-face and has begun to aggressively tout Leronlimab as a treatment for COVID-19,” the complaint claimed.

After this alleged “hyping” of the drug, CytoDyn stock rose from less than $1 per share throughout 2019 to its peak of $10 per share on June 30, 2020, according to the complaint. 

 

Say it isn't so! You mean, MONEY is involved? What next, having supporters spread disinformation? These are sad times, indeed. We need someone with a reputation, that smirking pharna bro maybe, to set us all straight!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Say it isn't so! You mean, MONEY is involved? What next, having supporters spread disinformation? These are sad times, indeed. We need someone with a reputation, that smirking pharna bro maybe, to set us all straight!

Yes, I amended my post to include, Follow the money.  It's really not surprising companies would do this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

@Arielle Popstar

These evangelical red states are going to be the death of all of us if they refuse the vaccine. Where did your father encounter this type of fundamentalism/evangelical mindset so prominent in the U.S. ....was it in Canada or the Netherlands. I know it began in the northern part of the U.S. in the late 1800's/early 1900's....but am wondering if it exists/existed in Holland. I recognized a book in the following article that you said your father referred you to (in the Darwin thread):

https://theconversation.com/fundamentalism-turns-100-a-landmark-for-the-christianght-123651

You have current stats for red states being more covid infected? Last I looked and posted a couple weeks ago, Red state numbers were dropping faster than blue ones. 

I am no expert statician on what you would term fundamentalists but looking at my mothers church I would say the stats are probably about the same as the rest of the population from an urban-rural perspective. The urbanite segment are particular about masks and distancing as well as numbers of people based on square footage whereas the rural farmer ones are more loose and hesitant to wear masks inside. It has actually caused a bit of a rift between some of them. From a scriptural perspective I don't know of any verses that would justify not wearing masks and as far as vaccines are concerned, some possibility but I suspect that is more of an evangelical than a fundamentalist justification.

I think the differences in vaccine hesitancy are probably more between rural and urban folk regardless of secular or religious affiliations. Politics of course probably plays a bigger part because I suspect if Trump was still in office, you would be seeing a lot more Democrat vaccine hesitancy and less Republican.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, because obesity is often linked to lower income, especially in the US.  These are also the people in 'essential worker' jobs or they have no other option than to go to work each day.  People who wouldn't qualify for unemployment or Medicaid, HAVE to work so out they go every day.

How is poverty linked to obesity? It has been suggested that individuals who live in impoverished regions have poor access to fresh food. Poverty-dense areas are oftentimes called “food deserts,” implying diminished access to fresh food.

They more than likely don't have access to your vitamin D supplements nor time to lounge in the sun.

It's a much more complex problem than telling folks to lose weight so they don't die from Covid.  Obese people most often have underlying conditions, such as diabetes that also puts them at higher risk.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nah, 'cause Science.

Naw, 'cause stats.

The same people would believe in Vaccines who do today, even under Trump. Remember, it is people who don't trust [insert issue here: science, stats, FDA] who will refuse vaccines, NOT merely people who support one Administration or the other.  The "dumb people" don't change in this instance.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Some quotes in that article are gems!

Yes, it's an interesting article.  The point being made is that even if he were still in office, he more than likely would have vacillated on the vaccine as he already had.  I don't base my decision on taking the vaccine on who is in office.  That's just plain foolishness.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, because obesity is often linked to lower income, especially in the US.  These are also the people in 'essential worker' jobs or they have no other option than to go to work each day.  People who wouldn't qualify for unemployment or Medicaid, HAVE to work so out they go every day.

How is poverty linked to obesity? It has been suggested that individuals who live in impoverished regions have poor access to fresh food. Poverty-dense areas are oftentimes called “food deserts,” implying diminished access to fresh food.

They more than likely don't have access to your vitamin D supplements nor time to lounge in the sun.

It's a much more complex problem than telling folks to lose weight so they don't die from Covid.  Obese people most often have underlying conditions, such as diabetes that also puts them at higher risk.

It's not just the lack of fresh foods, but also they have much more foods high in carbohydrates, because things like pasta and noodles and rice, breads, potatoes are so inexpensive.. Veggies are mostly in a can.. A lot of things from what I remember were in a can..

I remember there was a stretch where we were in such a rough spot that my first mother was feeding us baby food.. Not the good stuff like Gerber in the jars.. It was the yucky white stuff from the box, with a little sugar and some bread..

My father was so pissed when he found out..

I swore I would never feed that to my kids.. Not even my babies.. That stuff was so gross..

When you are poor it's about getting full bellies.. not about eating right..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's not just the lack of fresh foods, but also they have much more foods high in carbohydrates, because things like pasta and noodles and rice, breads, potatoes are so inexpensive.. Veggies are mostly in a can.. A lot of things from what I remember were in a can..

I remember there was a stretch where we were in such a rough spot that my first mother was feeding us baby food.. Not the good stuff like Gerber in the jars.. It was the yucky white stuff from the box, with a little sugar and some bread..

My father was so pissed when he found out..

I swore I would never feed that to my kids.. Not even my babies.. That stuff was so gross..

When you are poor it's about getting full bellies.. not about eating right..

The only veggies we had that weren't in a can were broccoli and cauliflower and corn on the cob when it was in season.  The problem being, mom always put cheese sauce over the broccoli and cauliflower.  Now, I LOVE cheese and Velveeta for mac and cheese but on veggies?  Yuck!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The same people would believe in Vaccines who do today, even under Trump. Remember, it is people who don't trust [insert issue here: science, stats, FDA] who will refuse vaccines, NOT merely people who support one Administration or the other.  The "dumb people" don't change in this instance.  

Well then I will leave you with this study from Jan 21/21 after your leadership change, that in part says;

Quote

Partisanship continues to be a factor in attitudes towards COVID-19 vaccination. While vaccine enthusiasm increased for both Democrats and independents, it has not shifted among Republicans, who remain the most resistant, with 33% saying they will definitely not get the vaccine or will get it only if required to do so for work, school or other activities.

https://www.kff.org/report-section/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-january-2021-vaccine-hesitancy/

So pretty conclusive that Democrats jumped on the vaccine bandwagon after Biden came into office. There was mention elsewhere on how even the Dems while on the campaign trail cast doubt on the vaccines as long as Trump was in charge.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

The only veggies we had that weren't in a can were broccoli and cauliflower and corn on the cob when it was in season.  The problem being, mom always put cheese sauce over the broccoli and cauliflower.  Now, I LOVE cheese and Velveeta for mac and cheese but on veggies?  Yuck!

We didn't really start eating right until my father got custody of us.. Food was so good after that.. hehehe

I just love veggies of all kinds.. I just had a glass of carrot and apple juice which my oldest son made for me this morning.. He just loves to use my juicer.. omg is that stuff so amazingly good..

I always keep veggies in water in the fridge for the boys and fresh fruits out.. They don't get candy or soda or anything like that..

All the boys baby food, I made myself.. No Gerber ever crossed our threshold.. hehehe

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well then I will leave you with this study from Jan 21/21 after your leadership change, that in part says;

https://www.kff.org/report-section/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-january-2021-vaccine-hesitancy/

So pretty conclusive that Democrats jumped on the vaccine bandwagon after Biden came into office. There was mention elsewhere on how even the Dems while on the campaign trail cast doubt on the vaccines as long as Trump was in charge.

Vaccinations started AFTER the election so no.  Only stands to reason that as more got vaccinated, more would follow regardless of who was in office.  Unless you base all important decisions on that.  

Seems more likely that Republican are still waiting on the ok from their fearless leader.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

So pretty conclusive that Democrats jumped on the vaccine bandwagon after Biden came into office. There was mention elsewhere on how even the Dems while on the campaign trail cast doubt on the vaccines as long as Trump was in charge.

At the time people were "on the campaign trail" the vaccines didn't exist outside of trials - the doubt was whether they would exist at the times and in the amounts that Mr. Trump said there would be. The first vaccine approved for emergency use was the Pfizer vaccine, and that wasn't until December (and, incidentally, it wasn't part of the Mr.Trump's "Warp Speed" initiative.)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only doubt I remember about the vaccine was how fast it was made and how it worked.. A lot of people seemed to be shooting from the hip on what it would do..

Once I learned how it worked and also learned that it had been a work in progress for years and finally got major funding because of the pandemic.. I felt pretty good about it..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well then I will leave you with this study from Jan 21/21 after your leadership change, that in part says;

https://www.kff.org/report-section/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-january-2021-vaccine-hesitancy/

So pretty conclusive that Democrats jumped on the vaccine bandwagon after Biden came into office. There was mention elsewhere on how even the Dems while on the campaign trail cast doubt on the vaccines as long as Trump was in charge.

Please tell me you are playing Devil's Advocate and you don't really believe the bs you've been posting.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Say it isn't so! You mean, MONEY is involved? 

Well, "they" have to pay for it all somehow.  Do I sound a bit jaded or cynical too when it comes to pharma and the stock market?  Well, I probably am a bit as I wasn't born yesterday.  My sister used to tell me there are necessary evils in this world.  

J&J is among the 12 leaders with the largest marketcap now.  My ex and I used to own Pfizer.  Full disclosure - we sold it long ago and I own no "pharma" type stocks at all.   I didn't really want to go down the road of money and Covid but it is going to have to be paid somehow and I believe there are some necessary evils in this world that we cannot do much about anyhow even though some of it seems rather transparent.  Me just ranting, not necessarily about your post in particular, Love.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Following on the heels of the presidential election and promising news about several COVID-19 vaccine candidates, the new survey finds an increase in the share who say they would get vaccinated across racial and ethnic groups, and among both Democrats and Republicans (willingness to get vaccinated among independents has not changed).

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/report/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-december-2020/

So it would seem that although the Dems and Independent numbers have risen, those darn Republicans haven't budged much since Dec.  It's not that we changed because of Biden but as @Love Zhaoyingsaid...because of science.  Meanwhile, Republicans seem to be holding out hope for....what exactly, I do not know.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...