COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

WB, as they say in-world.

The rumors of my return are greatly exagerated. I took a glance through, saw the COVID thread down, glanced at it. Saw this one. Commented. That's the extent of it. Ok, and checking to see if anyone said anything to my comment. That much back. Yup.

10 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yes, I am assuming I'm one of the ones you referred to as a "usual suspect" since I was one of the last ones to post. I never realized what a horrible person I really am until now. I'm sorry.

You assumed incorrectly. Your name didn't hit my radar. A person who routinely gets threads shut down is what I saw.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Celina Nagy said:

Without enter in politics, and as Im not so social, quarantine was the best than happened

I say, I was not annoying by it, even I found it quite good as I had no visits, as also I have computer and SL, The Sims 4, etc

I'm thoroughly enjoying the quarantine because I don't have to deal with the rush hour traffic, and it gives me a handy excuse for refusing visitors.  I'm going to be real sad when the lockdown blows over to see the end of my telecommuting days, and I'll have to wake up two hours early to prepare for the regular commute again. 

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

The rumors of my return are greatly exagerated. I took a glance through, saw the COVID thread down, glanced at it. Saw this one. Commented. That's the extent of it. Ok, and checking to see if anyone said anything to my comment. That much back. Yup.

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

DON'T YOU DARE EVER LEAVE HERE AGAIN...

mj5h.gif

45 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

And we ain't gonna let you get away this time.

@Seicher Rae, you see how you're missed?

Don't go breaking our hearts . . . or however the song lyric goes.

3 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I'm thoroughly enjoying the quarantine because I don't have to deal with the rush hour traffic, and it gives me a handy excuse for refusing visitors.  I'm going to be real sad when the lockdown blows over to see the end of my telecommuting days, and I'll have to wake up two hours early to prepare for the regular commute again. 

I don't know if I can do it again. I'm really hoping that my workplace eases up about working from home. I've saved nearly £2000 in travel fares since March last year and I'm now wondering if I even want to stay in London and pay high rent if I can work remotely from somewhere a bit cheaper and less packed. Just not having to go out in the cold during the snow, and then sit on an overheated train with people coughing and sneezing, was bliss. A lot of people must feel the same...

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Not a rant (else I won't stop) just a short doc. Yes I know its via the NYT but for this I give them a break

That was very sad and difficult to watch - what these nurses are going through, and the families  losing a loved one to Covid.

It also had a reality-enhancing effect for me. There's so many reasons I need to have contact with the outside world, and they keep increasing (but I must be careful as I have an immune condition). But I best just learn to live with them and not risk contact. Computer making a strange clicking noise, dryer broken, driver's license expired, a sore tooth, something wrong with my eyes -- yeah, getting these things fixed aren't worth the risk.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:49 AM, Mollymews said:

good news: The covid vaccine programme got underway last weekend. I haven't put my name down yet, I will get it tho. I just wait a bit til they get thru all the people who's circumstances are that they need it way more than I do right now. My health has been pretty good thru all this last year so am not stressing. Just carry on wearing my mask when I go out

I started another thread here that shows it's not like that everywhere, tho

I haven't visited this thread because thank God I don't have COVID, didn't have it, and none of my immediate family that has had it got long COVID, so on that front, I simply cannot complain about a single thing now that I have restored my double K95 mask supply and disinfectant.

• Like 1

This isn't a rant but really a very amazing story I just came across and felt it would be good to share....

It's actually two stories, but the first one is sort of a warm up for the second one which, even saying amazing  doesn't seem enough.. Astonishing and Amazing.

That's better.. hehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.