COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 88 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Thanks for the laugh but ultimately still a fail as having any real rebuttal. They need to up their game to convince the skeptics.

When someone is a fundamentalist (basically an adherent to a cult) there is almost no rebuttal that can change their cherished beliefs.

My only solace is to continue to study how fundamentalism developed in U.S. and became a cult, spreading disinformation to it's followers and causing hundreds of thousands of unnecessary Covid deaths. Sometimes understanding a dynamic to a greater degree enables more empathy.

https://theconversation.com/fundamentalism-turns-100-a-landmark-for-the-christian-right-123651

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

ultimately still a fail as having any real rebuttal. They need to up their game to convince the skeptics.

Any credibility you might have had in this thread as a skeptic went down the pan a long time ago.

You're pushing a disingenuous agenda and operating under the misconception that if you can just find the one magic website, survey, study or fringe "expert" then people will be convinced. We wont.

You're not skeptical, you're misguided and clutching at straws rather than admit the last few years of your life have been a lie, that because of misplaced political bias you have willingly drunk the coolaid because any other course of action brings your entire world view crashing down faster than a capitol rioter meeting a judge.

The world is now a tangled mess of rehashed ever shifting conspiracy theories that have to be accepted at face value, because if you applied even the slightest skepticism to them you'd end up back in /pol.

We see you Arielle Popstar. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

convince the skeptics.

Not much point, I mean if you don't count preventing additional needless deaths. 
Skeptics will always exist, and they will "raise the bar" for what is required to believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

News sites and Twitter are saying the WHO just announced that Covid is airborne, but nothing on the WHO site? 

It's always been airborne, that's why we wear the masks.  Those of us in the U.S. who have been vaccinated can go without masks outside now according to President Biden but masks are still recommended inside says our president.  I'm not sure what you mean by "just announced".  The droplets are airborne but subject to gravity just like anything else.  Inside the droplets can be carried around by air vents that circulate the air.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Posted (edited)

I've discovered the cure for the virus..

Chia seeds taken from the base of a Bob Ross Chia Pet, but only once the Bob Ross Chia pet has fully matured..

Add 5 tbsp of Bob Ross Chia Pet Chia seeds to a 1/2 gallon of water, then slice up  2 limes and 2 lemons squeezing all the juice out of the slices, then add slices to the water as well..

That comes to around 730 Bob Ross Chia Pet Harvests a year, to all you brand new Bob Ross Chia Pet farmers..

Soon The worl will be saved!!\o/

Remember, you heard it here first.  From Ceka and teh intranets.. Happy harvesting. :D

hehehe

ETA: All that typing and I forgot the most important part.. Don't forgets to chia the mustache and beard! \o/

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Why do you say it's in the interests of either Facebook or Google to promote falsehoods about either Covid-19 or vitamin-D?

What's in it for them?

Not promote falsehoods per se but to delete and or deplatform anything or anyone opposing the idea that 6 month old vaccines and lockdowns are not the greatest thing since the invention of sliced bread. Their self interest might be in currying political favour from those in charge as an increasing amount of governments are realizing the sway Big Tech and Media has on the minds of the people and are increasingly looking to capture that power and use it for their own purposes. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It's always been airborne, that's why we wear the masks.  Those of us in the U.S. who have been vaccinated can go without masks outside now according to President Biden but masks are still recommended inside says our president.  I'm not sure what you mean by "just announced".  The droplets are airborne but subject to gravity just like anything else.  Inside the droplets can be carried around by air vents that circulate the air.  

Meaning that it isn't just through droplets or aerosols but also that the virus can just be carried by the air without any being attached to liquid.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I thought airborne meant that even if you're 20m apart in a massive room without ventilation, you can still catch it? I might be wrong. Not sure why it's suddenly trending today 🤔

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Their self interest might be in currying political favour from those in charge as an increasing amount of governments are realizing the sway Big Tech and Media has on the minds of the people and are increasingly looking to capture that power and use it for their own purposes. 

Alternatively, might they not think it's in their interest to debunk medical disinformation that risks killing a sizeable proportion of their user base?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Not promote falsehoods per se but to delete and or deplatform anything or anyone opposing the idea that 6 month old vaccines and lockdowns are not the greatest thing since the invention of sliced bread. Their self interest might be in currying political favour from those in charge as an increasing amount of governments are realizing the sway Big Tech and Media has on the minds of the people and are increasingly looking to capture that power and use it for their own purposes. 

As @Solar Legionhas said before, I can't roll my eyes hard enough on this one.

If that were the case, you'd think YouTube would do the same and take down all those junk videos you post.  Personally, I never get information from Facebook or YouTube.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I thought airborne meant that even if you're 20m apart in a massive room without ventilation, you can still catch it? I might be wrong. Not sure why it's suddenly trending today 🤔

Here's a def of airborne though Arielle has posted something above I haven't had time to understand yet what she is saying.  But, even though you have been vaccinated, Rat, isn't your country advising masks indoors where these kind of ventilation systems are?  President Biden said okay not to wear masks OUTDOORS if one has been vaccinated, but indoors still wear them.

airborne

[ air-bawrn, -bohrn ]SHOW IPA

adjective

carried by the air, as pollen or dust.
in flight; aloft:The plane was airborne by six o'clock.
Military. (of ground forces) carried in airplanes or gliders:airborne infantry.Abbreviation: abn
Aeronautics. (of an aircraft) supported entirely by the atmosphere; flying.
Edited by FairreLilette

Posted (edited)

The definition in use by the WHO is somewhat more specific.

According to the World Health Organization, “Airborne transmission of infectious agents refers to the transmission of disease caused by the dissemination of droplet nuclei that remain infectious when suspended in air over long distance and time.” Airborne transmission can be characterized as obligate or preferential depending on whether it is only transmitted via droplet nuclei or if it has multiple other routes of transmission.[

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK531468/#:~:text=According to the World Health,characterized as obligate or preferential

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I heard something like 3 months back about it being airborne, or it might have been the newer version of it that they were talking about..

I just remember hearing something about airborne back then..

I wonder if that's whats got India so bad right now..

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I heard something like 3 months back about it being airborne, or it might have been the newer version of it that they were talking about..

It's always been airborne that's why all the bars and restaurants have been closed as well as other enclosed gatherings, as well as why we are wearing masks and keeping our distance.  In the U.S., they allowed partial seating outdoors for restaurants.  Masks are still recommended for the vaccinated in the U.S. indoors.  

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

From numerous reports, when vaccinations started, the government eased up on restrictions allowing large gatherings and such.  People everywhere don't seem to use common sense.  Just because there is a vaccine and people are getting it doesn't mean it's time to party in the streets.  If anything, it's time to be extra vigilant with mask wearing and hand washing until 80-90 %of the population is vaccinated.  Then and only then, does herd immunity begin to kick in.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's always been airborne from a technical, functional and literal perspective.

What's been in question is it's statistical efficacy once airborne. A certain bar must be reached for it to be classified as such, and with so many influencing factors there just hasn't been sufficient data.

1 minute ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Just ordered 56 Bob Ross Chia Pets ™️

I just checked, I have one mint in the box and two bob ross board games, hopefully if I use those to make some sort of shrine ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

From numerous reports, when vaccinations started, the government eased up on restrictions allowing large gatherings and such.  People everywhere don't seem to use common sense.  Just because there is a vaccine and people are getting it doesn't mean it's time to party in the streets.  If anything, it's time to be extra vigilant with mask wearing and hand washing until 80-90 %of the population is vaccinated.  Then and only then, does herd immunity begin to kick in.

I know what you mean.. I'm seeing people at work acting like things are back to  normal, putting 4 chairs at a table.. instead of fist bumps I'm seeing hand shaking..

That has me even more unwilling to remove my mask or faceshield around work..

It's that old saying of, give'em an inch, they'll take a mile..

It was only last thursday when we were told we didn't have to wear masks, but still had to do all the other stuff, like social distancing and  1 to a table.. They act like everything was lifted..

I still hold up my hand when someone tries to get up on me talking.. I'll have no part of that virus party..

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

But, even though you have been vaccinated, Rat, isn't your country advising masks indoors where these kind of ventilation systems are?  President Biden said okay not to wear masks OUTDOORS if one has been vaccinated, but indoors still wear them

Yes, we still have to wear them. The government hinted that social distancing will be scrapped on 21 June but I'm not sure whether that means masks will go too. I'm going to be cautious and wear mine a little longer, if so. 

• Like 2

Just now, Innula Zenovka said:

Alternatively, might they not think it's in their interest to debunk medical disinformation that risks killing a sizeable proportion of their user base?

Total deaths are really no higher now than they were in previous years so would that really be a concern for them? Just their culling of a large segment of the opposing political party probably equals more than the amount they would lose from the premature deaths of those who might die of medical misinformation. And that presupposes that they haven't already lost a segment through not allowing posts promoting healthier lifestyles through nutrition and the repurposed drugs that multiple studies have shown to be efficacious. 

April 27, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — The attorneys general of twelve states have signed a joint letter to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, calling on the world’s top social networks to do more to suppress negative claims about COVID-19 vaccines.

“The people and groups spreading falsehoods and misleading Americans about the safety of coronavirus vaccines are threatening the health of our communities, slowing progress in getting our residents protected from the virus, and undermining economic recovery in our states,” declares the letter, spearheaded by Connecticut Attorney General William Tong and co-signed by his counterparts in Delaware, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Virginia.

Given “anti-vaxxers’ reliance on your platforms, you are uniquely positioned to prevent the spread of misinformation about coronavirus vaccines that poses a direct threat to the health and safety of millions of Americans in our states and that will prolong our road to recovery,” the law enforcement officials continue. But Facebook “has not taken sufficient action to identify violations and enforce these guidelines by removing and labelling misinformation and banning repeat offenders.”

Have to wonder if the threat of not complying with the wishes of these attorney generals may not have the potential to do a lot more damage to the Big Tech. After all, more and more are leaving them and going to other media sites as their users are being increasingly subjected to bans and group and post deletions. Apparently a 120,000 member group that was growing by 10,000 members per day who were sharing personal stories of the vaccine shots was closed down recently. What good is a social media site if one can no longer share their experiences, good or bad, about what is going on for them?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Total deaths are really no higher now than they were in previous years

Are you sure about that?  It's not the picture in the UK, certainly.    Here's the figures for England

4d2a4c5f87b266562df3317357ceab60.png

04525482a2ed3a8c7e884bf1b5c176f5.png

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmUwNmFhMjYtNGZhYS00NDk2LWFlMTAtOTg0OGNhNmFiNGM0IiwidCI6ImVlNGUxNDk5LTRhMzUtNGIyZS1hZDQ3LTVmM2NmOWRlODY2NiIsImMiOjh9

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 88 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.