COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Where I'm at, there are tons of jobs available.. I've been talking to other friends in the other plants  and  they are shorthanded and hiring also.. Some even had job fairs, they are getting so desperate to try and get people in their plants..

We'll get temps in and they'll not show up the next day and be back on unemployment again..

I think a lot of people are getting used to not being at work and loving the free time..hehehe

What's kind of funny and what I'm looking forward to is, Friday morning we're having a meeting..

All those people that thought they were better than the people on the production lines, will be doing two hours a day on the lines.. even us in the offices.. hehehe

I'm always out there looking to help when I can anyways on my shift..But boy is it gonna be a good ,what goes around ,comes around for some people that need to remember where they started out as..

I'm looking forward to all those people that would stand around just bull crapping while someone 5 ft away from them was dying from the intense heat and humidity busting their humps..

Those guys that are always on the line are going to run them ragged ..hehehe

3 minutes ago, RunawayBunny said:

(money, food or tax exclusion or anything).. does not seems to be viable solution.

We've had to go through this too.  Our Senate is split 50/50, 50 percent Republican and 50 percent Democrat.  Since the Senate is split equally like this, Vice President Kamala Harris becomes the tie breaker.  So, when it came time to vote on our stimulus, the Republicans refused and voted against it while the Democrats voted for it making a tie and thus Kamala Harris voted for it and broke the tie and our stimulus finally went through without any help from Republicans.  

So, I've been there too.  People had credit cards maxed out.  It's not super here as you seem to think.  

Republicans still refuse help to the America people.  How we are going to get help to our people with just Democrats, I don't know because the Senate is not going to be split 50/50 with Kamala Harris breaking the tie for the whole next four years.  Some Senate seats are coming up for re-election.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think a lot of people are getting used to not being at work and loving the free time..hehehe

Yes its good.. But bank debt and unexpected suicidal news not good. Government doing its job tho.. forbidding those news lately.

~ Parody ~
Us: Our country's vaccine is the best! Everyone else's vaccine sux!!!

Them: Excuse us, but we use the same vaccine. In fact, we MAKE your country's vaccine!

Us: * pointing towards someone else * Look over there, that new vaccine sux, it's not used in our country.

• Haha 1

Just now, RunawayBunny said:

Yes its good.. But bank debt and unexpected suicidal news not good. Government doing its job tho.. forbidding those news lately.

I was saying, it's not for the lack of jobs.. it's just getting people to fill the spots again..

Our plant is already talking about going 7 days a week because people won't stay on.. they'll come in, make it look like they were attempting to go back to work, then keep their unemployment going.

It's not just happening in our plant.. It's happening in all the plants around us..

We used to get 20 temps a week at the minimum.. Now we may get a few a month..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

~ Parody ~
Us: Our country's vaccine is the best! Everyone else's vaccine sux!!!

Them: Excuse us, but we use the same vaccine. In fact, we MAKE your country's vaccine!

Us: * pointing towards someone else * Look over there, that new vaccine sux, it's not used in our country.

It's cuz they put alil murica in each shot, plus alil jack Daniels..

hehehe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was saying, it's not for the lack of jobs.. it's just getting people to fill the spots again..

Our plant is already talking about going 7 days a week because people won't stay on.. they'll come in, make it look like they were attempting to go back to work, then keep their unemployment going.

It's not just happening in our plant.. It's happening in all the plants around us..

That's not happening everywhere though.  The USA is not a cookie cutter country where each state looks or is the same.

Detroit has been horribly hit and has been like a warzone.  Detroit was once the motor capital of the world.  Then foreign built economy cars became all the rage.

There are many people without work in Los Angeles as we have a large food service business here, plus a lot of small businesses.  We have aerospace and fabricated metals and a few other plants but not nearly enough to cover the population of a metropolis.

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

That's not happening everywhere though.  The USA is not a cookie cutter country where each state looks or is the same.

Detroit has been horribly hit and has been like a warzone.  Detroit was once the motor capital of the world.  Then foreign built economy cars became all the rage.

There are many people without work in Los Angeles as we have a large food service business here, plus a lot of small businesses.  We have aerospace and fabricated metals and a few other plants but not nearly enough to cover the population of a metropolis.

If you go back to my first post, you'll see I said, Where I'm at.

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not sure where you are at.  But, that's good your area is doing good and there are jobs.

Ceka, the area I live in is mostly services plus the rest is all small business, no plants.  Those small businesses are gone.  How many small businesses we've lost here in So Cal, I don't know but there are not going to be enough jobs here. 

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I'm not sure where you are at.  But, that's good your area is doing good and there are jobs.

Ceka, the area I live in is mostly services plus the rest is all small business, no plants.  Those small businesses are gone.  How many small businesses we've lost here in So Cal, I don't know but there are not going to be enough jobs here. 

Small businesses as in, mom and pop size businesses.. This pandemic hasn't been good for at all in a lot of places across the country..

I can't remember having seen much come from congress to help them out either, last year and this year.

I know our area is hot right now with people wanting to buy homes and move here.. What doesn't make sense is.. All these people moving here  and so many jobs available..

These are good paying jobs that are just sitting there..

In the last two months I got a promotion in upper management with a pay increase, then the other day they offered me to expand my position, with another pay increase..  This is all before actual raises that come up next month.. hehehe

I think they are making sure they butter the biscuit of those they don't want to lose to other plants.. hehehe

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Small businesses as in, mom and pop size businesses.. This pandemic hasn't been good for at all in a lot of places across the country..

Yes, in my area.  The greater Los Angeles area is a metropolis.  The largest plants are probably in the aerospace industry but those are a several hour drive from where I am and those few aerospace industry jobs are a thimble full for the kind of diverse jobs we have or need to support a metropolis.  

People may work in downtown L.A. but they live in the suburbs, thus we have a lot of Mom and Pop businesses in the suburbs as people live here so we need schools, hospitals, shopping, restaurants, dry cleaners, a bit of everything is in the suburbs.  

Edited by FairreLilette

22 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
31 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not sure where you are at. 

Great, now I can't get "Where it's at! I've got two turntables and a microphone.." stuck in my head.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Great, now I can't get "Where it's at! I've got two turntables and a microphone.." stuck in my head.

Can't resist it now..hehehe

ETA: ok I'm gonna stop.. I feel myself drifting to the O.T zone.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:
11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If it is similar to last time, I'll wake up sometime tonight (or early morning) with my arm hurting like hell.

Weirdly, I think I might have escaped side effects on this one - felt worse after my first jab, but feel OK today. Though had some very weird dreams :o

My arm was already a little sore by the time I went to bed and I did wake up once when I rolled over on to it during the night.  It is definitely not as sore as last time.  I think I read that most of the known reactions hit sometime after 24 or 48 hours, so I'll just wait and see.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My arm was already a little sore by the time I went to bed and I did wake up once when I rolled over on to it during the night.  It is definitely not as sore as last time.  I think I read that most of the known reactions hit sometime after 24 or 48 hours, so I'll just wait and see.

Is it from the trauma of the needle puncture like some shots can give or is it like your whole arm hurt in another way, like throbbing?

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Is it from the trauma of the needle puncture like some shots can give or is it like your whole arm hurt in another way, like throbbing?

It feels more like a big bruise, but down at the muscle level.  If you've ever had a tetanus shot, it feels sort of like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I can't remember having seen much come from congress to help them out either, last year and this year.

I edited in some things in my post above.

Basically, people may work in downtown L.A. but they live in the suburbs.  So all kinds of business is needed in the suburbs from schools to hospitals to restaurants to city maintenance to dry cleaners.  So, many, many Mom and Pop businesses in the suburbs here.

And, it's not Congress et al.  It was the Republican side that refused to help.  Kamala Harris was the tie breaker who helped put the stimulus through even though both Trump and Biden pleaded with Congress to help the American people.  The Republican side of Congress refused to.  So, it went to our Vice President, Kamala Harris to break the tie and she voted in favor of the stimulus and it finally, finally went through.  

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Weirdly, I think I might have escaped side effects on this one - felt worse after my first jab, but feel OK today. Though had some very weird dreams :o 

A slightly elevated body temperature can cause weird dreams/nightmares. It's a mild fever. Mild enough you won't notice it because it's gone back to more normal by the time you wake up. Your body heals itself best while you sleep.

• Thanks 1

Not saying you're wrong but I seriously doubt some of those temps were physically capable of doing the job.  Sometimes you just have to admit defeat when I took jobs I knew I wouldn't last in but was desperate for work. Even if all it did was keep what little unemployment I was getting going a while longer so maybe I could find something where they would be willing to work with what for most would be excessive absences. Not everyone is in my situation though. I have the muscle, I just don't have any energy. So I have to pace myself. Most employers find that unacceptable.

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I edited in some things in my post above.

Basically, people may work in downtown L.A. but they live in the suburbs.  So all kinds of business is needed in the suburbs from schools to hospitals to restaurants to city maintenance to dry cleaners.  So, many, many Mom and Pop businesses in the suburbs here.

And, it's not Congress et al.  It was the Republican side that refused to help.  Kamala Harris was the tie breaker who helped put the stimulus through even though both Trump and Biden pleaded with Congress to help the American people.  The Republican side of Congress refused to.  So, it went to our Vice President, Kamala Harris to break the tie and she voted in favor of the stimulus and it finally, finally went through.  

Both kept going back and forth all summer long past the july 30th deadline last summer. meanwhile businesses were failing and people were starving and going homeless.. one would give a little and the other not an inch.. If I remember right it was renegotiated because the house put  non covid related things in the bill, just as the last one, which were taken out, not by the senate, but by the parliamentarian because they were non covid related.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.