COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Most of my sources have not been found to be false or misleading, Arielle.  Yours have by others.  Not just me.  

I'm realizing, sadly, that you're not interested in facts or researching YOUR facts.  You just post the first thing you find to back your erroneous position.  Well, I'm done with you.  Most people here seem to see your posts for what they are and I have no desire to keep banging my head on the wall trying to get you to understand. 

You're not just wrong a lot of the time, you're dangerous. 

My viewpoints are different to yours because my experiences and background is different. They are only false or misleading to the narrative you preach. Taking additional doses of Vitamin C and/or D, Zinc  availing oneself of a repurposed drug that has been proven to help 85% of Covid patients should not be considered a dangerous thing. Pointing out that an over reliance on masks should not be the only line of defense to the virus isn't either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here's a COVID rant.

I just lost a job contract. Not COVID related at all, but it means some unemployment now. The government is still offering me the COVID bonus anyway. I'm going to be making more to stay home than if I were to apply for a job.

This is why my taxes are so high.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Get a vaccine and post your sticker. Or don't.

I didn't get a sticker, I got a card stating who gave me the vaccine shots and what batch I received.  I've never heard of sticker.

Moving on to me and my experience, which maybe might make @Rat Luv feel better.  With the first shot I felt nothing.  The second shot gave me fatigue, plus a slight earache and a sore throat but never any fever and I've had further COVID tests after that were negative.  I just wanted to say that after the normal yearly flu shot, I have the fatigue for weeks and feel lousy as well just with the flu shot.  I hope you do not worry too much as the fatigue is finally gone for me and I am fine now.   If you've never had symptoms from the regular yearly flu shot, you might fare far better than I did.  I have chronic fatigue syndrome which has been in remission for years but it flared up a bit with the Covid but I made it fine!  No more fatigue.  I'm not sure why these vaccines are being portrayed as "scary".  It's rare for anything truly bad to happen here.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

I didn't get a sticker, I got a card stating who gave me the vaccine shots and what batch I received.  I've never heard of sticker.

Moving on to me and my experience, which maybe might make @Rat Luv feel better.  With the first shot I felt nothing.  The second shot gave me fatigue, plus a slight earache and a sore throat but never any fever and I've had further COVID tests after that were negative.  I just wanted to say that after the normal yearly flu shot, I have the fatigue for weeks and feel lousy as well just with the flu shot.  I hope you do not worry too much as the fatigue is finally gone for me and I am fine now.   If you've never had symptoms from the regular yearly flu shot, you might fare far better than I did.  I have chronic fatigue syndrome which has been in remission for years but it flared up a bit with the Covid but I made it fine!  No more fatigue.  I'm not sure why these vaccines are being portrayed as "scary".  It's rare for anything truly bad to happen here.  

I also only got the card...hmm...will ask if they have a sticker too when I get Jab #2!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

but it flared up a bit with the Covid

Pre-existing conditions, long laid to rest and all-but forgotten thankfully, flared up and quite dramatically, after shot-1 of 2.  Yup.  Unfortunate.  VAERS reporting is important.  

7 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I also only got the card...hmm...will ask if they have a sticker too when I get Jab #2!

My card has stickers on it, so I guess that's something.

The side effects weren't bad either. Just a little soreness at the injection spot.

87FC1485-5B7E-428D-94F7-E1FD0D4D323C.jpeg.8de23e69b1822c302a97ec41f923dd4d.jpeg

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Here in the NL you don't get a sticker either.
Only a vaccination card just like Fairre.

We also vote without getting stickers.

We didnt get stickers either. Just a card plus 100pcs of surgical masks and 1L of hand sanitiser. We'll be supermasked and superclean.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Sticker?  Card?  I didn't get anything after my jab.  Odd as some others here are in the UK.  Oh well, perhaps it's a local thing.

They're just reminders for people - you don't need them to book or attend the second jab :) 

24 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Sticker?  Card?  I didn't get anything after my jab.  Odd as some others here are in the UK.  Oh well, perhaps it's a local thing.

9 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

They're just reminders for people - you don't need them to book or attend the second jab :) 

Ah, I thought they were like a badge or something, and I hadn't been a good girl. :) 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

My viewpoints are different to yours because my experiences and background is different. They are only false or misleading to the narrative you preach. Taking additional doses of Vitamin C and/or D, Zinc  availing oneself of a repurposed drug that has been proven to help 85% of Covid patients should not be considered a dangerous thing. Pointing out that an over reliance on masks should not be the only line of defense to the virus isn't either. 

LOL nope. Vitamin supplements is an old wives' tale thing you use for the common cold, not a virus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

In my town everyone has been given a card stating which jab they've had i was asked for mine so it could be stamped that i'd had a second dose though it didn't seem to matter if you remembered to take it or not when getting the second jab

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PermaRuthed said:

LOL nope. Vitamin supplements is an old wives' tale thing you use for the common cold, not a virus.

Darn, hate to break it to you but the common cold is caused by viruses.

Overview

The common cold is a viral infection of your nose and throat (upper respiratory tract). It's usually harmless, although it might not feel that way. Many types of viruses can cause a common cold.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/common-cold/symptoms-causes/syc-20351605

Therefore "old wives" recommend Vitamins for Covid too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

A handful of common colds are even triggered by a corona virus.
Not THE corona virus we are all talking about now, but corona family members that trouble us since like forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vitamin D deficiency is a real thing, and it probably would have bad effects on COVID (and common cold) outcomes. A comorbidity of a sort. But more Vitamin D for those who already have plenty won't prevent anything, nor will extra exercise for the already fit. The main difference is that blood tests are required to determine whether you're Vitamin D deficient, and treatment requires ongoing monitoring. (It's different from other vitamins you can take as supplements and pee out any excess. It builds up.)

So by all means get tested, and if it turns out deficient, plan on spending a few months or years on repeat testing, getting your dosage figured out. It's important, but it's real medicine, not just whatever the roided-out clown at the health food store recommends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

Vitamin D deficiency is a real thing, and it probably would have bad effects on COVID (and common cold) outcomes. A comorbidity of a sort. But more Vitamin D for those who already have plenty won't prevent anything, nor will extra exercise for the already fit. The main difference is that blood tests are required to determine whether you're Vitamin D deficient, and treatment requires ongoing monitoring. (It's different from other vitamins you can take as supplements and pee out any excess. It builds up.)

So by all means get tested, and if it turns out deficient, plan on spending a few months or years on repeat testing, getting your dosage figured out. It's important, but it's real medicine, not just whatever the roided-out clown at the health food store recommends.

One can at least look to see what characteristics and symptoms can hint at a deficiency which according to some studies is quite prevalent in North America.

According to a 2011 study, 41.6% of adults in the US are deficient. This number goes up to 69.2% in Hispanics and 82.1% in African-Americans.

Here are 7 common risk factors for vitamin D deficiency:

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

One can at least look to see what characteristics and symptoms can hint at a deficiency which according to some studies is quite prevalent in North America.

Okay. Then get a blood test. Also get a blood test if you don't match any of those. Then do what your doctor advises, not what somebody posted on Facebook.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.