COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The document was authored "on October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States," and is according to the FAQ about the lockdowns causing more harm then good. It is not about vaccines or facemasks.

Believe what you want. It is MY life, NOT YOURS. I will not give you or any one else who believes such utter ignorance a chance to murder me.  You'll be in hell first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I was on the bus going home from a doctor's appointment and saw restaurants with little tents out on the sidewalk with people jammed packed in them. Shoulder to shoulder practically.

I've counted no less than 25 maskless people in the streets and subway.  A little girl and her mother were strolling about maskless. The girl sneezed twice into the open air.

And people wonder why we're still stuck in the first wave.  Wuh wat? What is this talk I hear about the fourth wave happening in elsewhere? 'Murica heck yeah indeed.

21 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

No one has been locked down in my state since May of last year.  We have a mask mandate however.  Bars and restaurants and most businesses have been allowed to open with some restrictions.  Funny though, every time they loosen up some restriction, there is a surge in Covid cases.  I doubt that's just a coincidence.  Is your country still in lockdown?  

That explains a lot. For you the pandemic has been a fairly minor inconvenience if it is only about mask wearing in public. For many other states and provinces in Canada it has been severe restrictions or lockdowns since May of last year. Groups and associations I am a member of that have not been able to meet since the start of all of this. Bars, restaurants and scores of other small businesses going bankrupt or just closing up because people not allowed in them. Government spending the country into a deficit that our great great grandchildren will still be paying for. Meanwhile the statistics are pointing out that the lockdowns do not really slow the virus down. If you go to the CDC datatracker site and compare open states with closed ones, you'll see how the trajectories between them do not vary much which is a pretty good indication lockdowns are not helping. The WHO is out of touch with realities and even the data.

• Haha 1

Ah yes, pretending as though there were not (and are not still) quite a few people the world over who refused to follow instructions in an effort to reduce the spread, thus making such Lockdown efforts much harder than they needed to be ....

This entire crisis has laid bare the inadequacies of our present system(s) and shown just how badly things need to change going forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That explains a lot. For you the pandemic has been a fairly minor inconvenience if it is only about mask wearing in public. For many other states and provinces in Canada it has been severe restrictions or lockdowns since May of last year. Groups and associations I am a member of that have not been able to meet since the start of all of this. Bars, restaurants and scores of other small businesses going bankrupt or just closing up because people not allowed in them. Government spending the country into a deficit that our great great grandchildren will still be paying for. Meanwhile the statistics are pointing out that the lockdowns do not really slow the virus down. If you go to the CDC datatracker site and compare open states with closed ones, you'll see how the trajectories between them do not vary much which is a pretty good indication lockdowns are not helping. The WHO is out of touch with realities and even the data.

I didn't say we didn't have major restriction some of which are still in place.  No gathering over a certain number, restaurants down to 1/2 capacity because of rules concerning social distancing.  What no one can deny, even you, is that each and every time a restriction has been lifted, we have had a surge in cases which could only have been a result of lifting those restrictions.  People seem to think everything is back to normal.  While required to still wear masks, they would show an outdoor area jam packed with idiots, almost none wearing masks.  

The point being, lockdown are a way to keep idiots who think mask wearing is stupid, away from everyone else.  Therein lies the main problem.   WEAR YOUR DAMN MASK.

I've said it countless times since this all began.  No one has had issues with No Shirt, No Shoes, No Entry for as long as I've been alive.  Neither effects MY health yet wearing a damn mask infringes on your liberty?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Ah yes, pretending as though there were not (and are not still) quite a few people the world over who refused to follow instructions in an effort to reduce the spread, thus making such Lockdown efforts much harder than they needed to be ....

Maybe where you live but in my area, I've only seen a few people who didn't wear masks when they should have but it doesn't have a lot of bearing on the continued march of the virus. Think the CDC mentioned 80% of people of the people who catch covid are regular mask wearers.

Some people pretend that the pandemic is all to blame on a few who aren't following orders. Thinking those people just like to blame others rather than look at their own powerlessness.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Think the CDC mentioned 80% of people of the people who catch covid are regular mask wearers.

Wearing a cloth/paper mask doesn't prevent anyone from catching the illness. it never has. That was never the point.

The mask isn't to protect you from the covid.

The mask is to protect others from your covid by catching exhaled infested water particles.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
exhaled <-> infested
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I didn't say we didn't have major restriction some of which are still in place.  No gathering over a certain number, restaurants down to 1/2 capacity because of rules concerning social distancing.  What no one can deny, even you, is that each and every time a restriction has been lifted, we have had a surge in cases which could only have been a result of lifting those restrictions.  People seem to think everything is back to normal.  While required to still wear masks, they would show an outdoor area jam packed with idiots, almost none wearing masks.  

The point being, lockdown are a way to keep idiots who think mask wearing is stupid, away from everyone else.  Therein lies the main problem.   WEAR YOUR DAMN MASK.

I've said it countless times since this all began.  No one has had issues with No Shirt, No Shoes, No Entry for as long as I've been alive.  Neither effects MY health yet wearing a damn mask infringes on your liberty?  

Go look at the CDC site I linked. It says your assumptions are questionable. If Lockdowns were any good, we should see a major downturn within 2 weeks of it being instituted and yet that doesn't happen. The virus has a cycle that seems to not be denied regardless of policies if any are instituted.

Are the numbers in your open state any different from states which have masks and lockdowns?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe where you live but in my area, I've only seen a few people who didn't wear masks when they should have but it doesn't have a lot of bearing on the continued march of the virus. Think the CDC mentioned 80% of people of the people who catch covid are regular mask wearers.

Some people pretend that the pandemic is all to blame on a few who aren't following orders. Thinking those people just like to blame others rather than look at their own powerlessness.

You mean this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/fact-check-trump-falsely-claims-that-cdc-found-that-85percent-of-people-who-wear-masks-get-the-coronavirus/ar-BB1a6Bw1

You're dangerous.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The mask is to protect others from your covid by catching infested exhaled water particles.

That is only of limited value , mostly for those who spit when they talk. Every breath we exhale is a half cubic liter of virus infected air which can hang about for 15 minutes to an hour depending on which study is referenced. It does not matter if the breath is exhaled while talking, singing or just a regular exhalation, the air is still infected by one with Covid. Breathe that air in with a mask or not, one is still going to get a dose.

There has been a "strong decline" in levels of coronavirus infections in England since January, say scientists tracking the epidemic.

Imperial College London's React study found infections have dropped by two-thirds across England since lockdown began, with an 80% fall in London.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56098313

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There has been a "strong decline" in levels of coronavirus infections in England since January, say scientists tracking the epidemic.

Imperial College London's React study found infections have dropped by two-thirds across England since lockdown began, with an 80% fall in London.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56098313

It is dropping everywhere now Rowan, I just showed you the graph for 6 states. It started dropping this time last year too. It's the cyclical nature, nothing to do with lockdowns as the trend is the same in places where there are no lockdowns.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

That is not the case.

You know that is not the case.

We all do to a greater or lesser extent. There is a study going on right now in fact trying to make a case for english speakers being more prone to it because of the way vowels are pronounced with an outbreath and that it is why USA and the UK have a higher percentage of cases. Even so, a number of the youtube videos showing the projections of water particles from speaking and singing were used to promote the idea of masks being beneficial. And yeah, likely are to some extent but that does not take away the fact that majority of people catch Covid simply from breathing in the infected air hanging around in a room.

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Still on about that? You better fact check your fact checkers because other fact checking sites verify that the CDC did say that but that Trump got the context wrong. 

It's not 85% of all people.  It was a small group and if you would actually read what is said, the ones who did get Covid were in situations that put them at risk such as eating in restaurants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
By Kelen McBreen | INFOWARS.COM Tuesday, October 13, 2020

A study by the CDC examining adults infected with COVID-19 concluded the vast majority wore face masks or coverings frequently in the weeks leading up to becoming ill.

“In the 14 days before illness onset, 71% of case-patients and 74% of control participants reported always using cloth face coverings or other mask types when in public,” the report states.

Screen-Shot-2020-10-13-at-11.52.39-AM-10

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

• Haha 1

Anyway, I can't take anything said by you as fact.  You do your thing but stay.the hell away from me and mine.  Continue posting your inaccurate information.  Hopefully, the rest of us sane people will follow the accurate info.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.