COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I heard something like 3 months back about it being airborne, or it might have been the newer version of it that they were talking about..

I just remember hearing something about airborne back then..

I wonder if that's whats got India so bad right now..

Must have been on a right wing rag because that is where I first read of the likelihood too. Took mainstream a little while to catch up. 😏

Thinking the India problem might be that treatment drug prices going through the roof. Read stories of people having to pay large sums of money for ivermectin and other repurposed drugs that are now in short supply.

6 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Yes, we still have to wear them. The government hinted that social distancing will be scrapped on 21 June but I'm not sure whether that means masks will go too. I'm going to be cautious and wear mine a little longer, if so. 

Yeah, L.A. County will come out of full lockdown as planned last I heard on June 15th.  I'm not sure what the protocols will be either.  But, possibly 50% or less indoors....I'm not really sure...because where it's airborne the droplets circulate around.   I think many of us would prefer to wear a mask indoors even if we have been vaccinated because of the variants.  We will have to see what's what when we cross that bridge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Must have been on a right wing rag because that is where I first read of the likelihood too. Took mainstream a little while to catch up. 😏

Thinking the India problem might be that treatment drug prices going through the roof. Read stories of people having to pay large sums of money for ivermectin and other repurposed drugs that are now in short supply.

I don't remember where I heard it or much details about it.. it was awhile ago..

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Total deaths are really no higher now than they were in previous years so would that really be a concern for them? Just their culling of a large segment of the opposing political party probably equals more than the amount they would lose from the premature deaths of those who might die of medical misinformation. And that presupposes that they haven't already lost a segment through not allowing posts promoting healthier lifestyles through nutrition and the repurposed drugs that multiple studies have shown to be efficacious. 

And here we have the crux of it.

What's next Arielle? White replacement theory?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Total deaths are really no higher now than they were in previous years so would that really be a concern for them?

Um, no, that is not true in your own country either, Arielle. This from StatsCan:

From January to mid-December 2020, there were an estimated 296,373 deaths in Canada, representing an excess of 13,798 deaths above and beyond what would have been expected had there been no pandemic. This is about 5% more deaths than expected in that period, after accounting for changes in the population, such as aging, and about 7% more deaths than the 277,276 observed within the same time frame in 2019.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/210310/dq210310c-eng.htm

Note that StatsCan does suggest that from last September, some excess deaths are probably attributable to the indirect effects of the pandemic. Not vaccine taking, but an increase in death among young people from substance abuse.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Some more conspiracy stuffs

According to Snopes, LifeSiteNews is "a known purveyor of misleading information." The Associated Press described the website as "ultraconservative." In May 2019, Philip Pullela, in a Reuters article, wrote that the website "often is a platform for attacks on [Pope Francis]." The LGBT magazine The Advocate has described LifeSiteNews as an anti-LGBT outlet. Articles on the website blame pedophilia on homosexuality, contrary to the scholarly consensus.

But then, we expect nothing less from you.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Why anyone at all is bothering to make anything remotely like a proper response to some of this nonsense is quite baffling to me.

Coffee's point about having to refute every single nutwing fringe theory that is posted here, one at a time, is well-taken. It's exhausting.

It is also symptomatic of how we know the deliberate spread of disinformation works. While I'm not suggesting that Arielle is part of some wacky conspiracy herself, the whole premise of "The Big Lie," and the way in which fake news has gained currency over the last decade, is founded upon the principle that you don't bother to defend your "points" rationally -- you just blanket social media with an avalanche of disinformation.

Throw enough crap at the wall, and some of it will inevitably stick.

• Like 3

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

According to Snopes, LifeSiteNews is "a known purveyor of misleading information." The Associated Press described the website as "ultraconservative." In May 2019, Philip Pullela, in a Reuters article, wrote that the website "often is a platform for attacks on [Pope Francis]." The LGBT magazine The Advocate has described LifeSiteNews as an anti-LGBT outlet. Articles on the website blame pedophilia on homosexuality, contrary to the scholarly consensus.

But then, we expect nothing less from you.

As i expect nothing less from you relying on another of your famous "factchecking" sites to tell you what your opinion should be.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Why anyone at all is bothering to make anything remotely like a proper response to some of this nonsense is quite baffling to me.

577,000 dead in the US alone and no realistic route to normalcy as a result of this conspiratorial political insanity and it's supporters.

There is a real possibility we wont hit herd immunity thanks to those same people.

COVID is here to stay.

This nonsense can not be allowed to stand. It's adherents represent an affront to everything modern civilization strives towards and all for their own petty pious beliefs of victimhood (and natural superiority).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I tried, really I did, NOT to respond but geezus! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

As i expect nothing less from you relying on another of your famous "factchecking" sites to tell you what your opinion should be.

They're actually one of the better ones but you really don't care one way.or the other.

Yet you rely on conspiracy websites?  I.checked a few sites for that not just the one.I.posted.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

577,000 dead in the US alone and no realistic route to normalcy as a result of this conspiratorial political insanity and it's supporters.

There is a real possibility we wont hit herd immunity thanks to those same people.

COVID is here to stay.

This nonsense can not be allowed to stand. It's adherents represent an affront to everything modern civilization strives towards and all for their own petty pious beliefs of victimhood (and natural superiority).

That's nice.

It's getting you nowhere. At all.

Those who will listen to reason and fact, will do so. Those who won't, simply won't. Anyone on the fence can either do their homework and actually listen or fall willing victim to the dis/misinformation.

Responding at all at this point lends an air of legitimacy to the claims being made.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1

Never argue with Innula. She will beat you down with facts and figures backed up with more evidence than you could read in a lifetime.

I'm sure someone will find this post offensive and report it so I probably won't be posting again. I hope whoever is behind it never has to deal with what they dish out. I wouldn't wish how that feels on my worst enemy. Maybe some day some brave soul will have the backbone to tell me why everyone hates me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Never argue with Innula. She will beat you down with facts and figures backed up with more evidence than you could read in a lifetime.

I'm sure someone will find this post offensive and report it so I probably won't be posting again. I hope whoever is behind it never has to deal with what they dish out. I wouldn't wish how that feels on my worst enemy. Maybe some day some brave soul will have the backbone to tell me why everyone hates me.

Well, you are of course right about Innula. She's kind of brilliant.

And wrong about yourself. I don't think anyone hates you. And some of us are very, very fond of you indeed, and happy to see you back here again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

That's nice.

It's getting you nowhere. At all.

Those who will listen to reason and fact, will do so. Those who won't, simply won't. Anyone on the fence can either do their homework and actually listen or fall willing victim to the dis/misinformation.

Responding at all at this point lends an air of legitimacy to the claims being made.

You're right though.  We're just giving her more reason to go searching for something, anything to back up her erroneous position.  I'll just leave this here for anyone in need of one.  On sale now on your favorite conspiracy website.

o-tinfoil-hat-facebook.jpg

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Coffee's point about having to refute every single nutwing fringe theory that is posted here, one at a time, is well-taken. It's exhausting.

It is also symptomatic of how we know the deliberate spread of disinformation works. While I'm not suggesting that Arielle is part of some wacky conspiracy herself, the whole premise of "The Big Lie," and the way in which fake news has gained currency over the last decade, is founded upon the principle that you don't bother to defend your "points" rationally -- you just blanket social media with an avalanche of disinformation.

Throw enough crap at the wall, and some of it will inevitably stick.

I just wanted to say that not all "right wing" people are involved in out-there kind of things.  It was just reported last week the majority of Americans agree with Bidenomics, so the country is coming together a bit better than it has been in months prior with party politicking and parties putting up divides. 

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're right though.  We're just giving her more reason to go searching for something, anything to back up her erroneous position.  I'll just leave this here for anyone in need of one.  On sale now on your favorite conspiracy website.

o-tinfoil-hat-facebook.jpg

I'm curious.. does anyone know when tinfoil hats started up?

Was it from the movie Signs?

It's just one of those curiosity's that come to me when I'm sleepy.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I just wanted to say that not all "right wing" people are involved in out-there kind of things.

Of course not. Note that I didn't use the phrase "right wing" in my post.

As I've said before, the issue isn't right vs. left. It's fact-driven and rational vs. the misinformed or deliberately misleading.

What we all need to see is real conservatives -- the rational, intelligent, and responsible ones -- stepping up and seizing control of the conservative agenda back from the conspiracy buffs, as well as responding intelligently to the pandemic. And we are seeing some of that. We need to pray that they succeed. We need an articulate and intelligent right wing.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Then, I'd love to see an argument between her and Maddy!

You won't. They like each other. (At least, I am sure that Maddy has nothing but respect for Innula, and I'd wager it's reciprocal.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.