RLV and mesh BOM body clothing layers

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wrote a script that attaches a list of #RLV subfolders when the prim the script runs in is attached, and detaches that same list when that prim is detached, on my BOM mesh body. In the list's subfolders are two clothing layers  that attach as expected. When the prim is detached, I can see the layers disappear from the system "Current Outfit" folder as expected, but they do not disappear from my avatar. Nor do they disappear from other people's viewers. In the Firestorm Viewer's "Avatar => Avatar Health" menu I tried "Refresh Attachments", and "Force Appearance Update (Rebake)", to no effect.

The command used to attach is:

@attachover:  <subfolder>=force

The command used to detach is:

@detach:  <subfolder> =force

These layers are present as links in the two #RLV subfolders. The original items linked to are in subfolders of the system Clothing folder.

Any ideas about why these layers remain on the avatar anyone?

The RLV stuff looks OK to me, it's something I do all the time. That the clothing disappears from the Current Outfit folder but not from view suggest a baking service issue.

Have you tired editing the outfit when this happens? I'm not sure of the details, but I think it shows you locally what your viewer thinks you should look like. It usually shows me a correct version on a system avatar, but I don't know if it works with BoM textures. And it is only a local fix: others continue to see the incorrect image.

Is it only one set of clothing items? What happens if you use originals rather than links? Have you tried this using just a system avatar?

TL:DR; I don't know the answer, but I did think of a few questions.

Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion worked. Putting that clothing layer somewhere inside the #RLV folder worked to get it to disappear from the avatar when removed in Inventory.

Doing the same solved another problem I had regarding mesh objects that are also part of the outfit. They were very often only partially rezzing, or not rezzing at all. Forcing rebake, or refreshing attachments, would not work to make them appear. Yet they were attached, and when the item was right clicked in Inventory and Edit selected, it would fully rezz.

I have created an invisible #RLV subfolder named .outfits and moved the entire folder the outfit was delivered in into it. I link to this folder from elsewhere in the #RLV folder. This going to be my standard practice for any outfit I use in the #RLV folder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.