Is the a simple Guide to setting 2 different Sky EEPs at different Altitudes on my parcel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have full landrights

I can see the are 4  altitudes listed in EEP but I have no idea how to apply different EEPS  to the different altitudes in my parcel.

My ground is as mix of seaside/garden/ tropical , up at 3500K steampunk reggae club in space

Is the a very simple Guide to setting  2  different Sky  EEPs at different Altitudes on my parcel

e.g. Ground  x  EEP  & at 300K meters z EEP

Edited by Zoebug Agrawal

• Zoebug Agrawal changed the title to Is the a simple Guide to setting 2 different Sky EEPs at different Altitudes on my parcel

I had trouble figuring this out at first as well. I couldn't find a guide showing how to do it but I eventually figured out you could actually open your inventory and open the land panel where the 4 altitudes are listed, and then drag your EEP skies/days to the altitude of your choice and it will apply.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:58 PM, Zoebug Agrawal said:

I have full landrights

I can see the are 4  altitudes listed in EEP but I have no idea how to apply different EEPS  to the different altitudes in my parcel.

My ground is as mix of seaside/garden/ tropical , up at 3500K steampunk reggae club in space

Is the a very simple Guide to setting  2  different Sky  EEPs at different Altitudes on my parcel

e.g. Ground  x  EEP  & at 300K meters z EEP

Steampunk reggae club in space? That sounds amazing. Gotta love Second Life :D 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
34 minutes ago, Gunner Grun said:

Where is the land panel in my inventory located, I'm using firestorm.

It's 2 different things.  Open you inventory AND open the land panel at the same time.  Drag the EEP setting from your inventory to the land panel.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:49 AM, Coby Foden said:

I just tested in Firestorm viewer. Dragging EEP setting from inventory to "About Land, Environment" works for me.
Note: You must drag onto the text, like in this example onto the A-9AM, not onto the blue marker in front of the text.

Setting-Parcel-Environments.gif.09a8037ae8c0674741f6bf56f139e48d.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

I have done it for club anubis and the ship in orbit at 1000m. Not sure how but did it.  Mainland unparcelled has 1 setting for day, the club parcel the galazy night one and at 1000mm all has night with the earth large in view. Played around until it worked. I applied EEP to parcels on ground level then set the (un locked) EEP at 1000m. 

• Like 1

I've never really understood EEP settings, so I thought this thread would be a Godsend. And, to the extent that I can now actually assign the EEP settings to altitudes, it has been (thanks). However, I can't seem to get the changes to actually take effect. I'm on Mainland group land (I'm a co-owner).

Here are my settings: https://gyazo.com/51ac57fc5f019b6c57fa911fa17516d4

Normally, I go around with a Windlight setting on, but as you can see from the Quick Preferences box next to this, I tried putting the Sky back down to Default. I should be seeing some quite funky EEP effects (I've deliberately chosen some pretty florid ones for this test), but I'm not. What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leonardis Ducatillon said:

I tried putting the Sky back down to Default

Default is just another personal EEP on you. Hit the [X] right of the Personal Lighting button to actually reset to Shared, which on your parcel would be the settings you applied to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That worked perfectly, Carla, thank you! ❤️

Last question, which I suspect I know the answer to - you can't actually change the altitudes at which the thresholds change on Mainland, can you? (i.e. let's say I wanted Sky2 to be at 600m). I ask because before EEP came in, we used to be able to do that with the code people often inserted in the Parcel Description like this...

/*"Sky@0-999m: "[TOR] DUSK - Blue hour" "Sky@2000-4096m: "[TOR] SCIFI - Albedo 0.39" Water: [TOR] Meridian verde */

Edited by Leonardis Ducatillon
Addition of code
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Leonardis Ducatillon said:

you can't actually change the altitudes at which the thresholds change on Mainland, can you?

It looks like one can. If one is an estate manager. Mere mortals can't.

Source:

PS: As I'm a mainlander these days I can't verify this any longer.

Edited by CarlaWetter

20 minutes ago, Leonardis Ducatillon said:

Well, as a mere mortal mainlander too, it looks like I'm stuck with the default altitudes. That's what I thought, thanks for confirming though.

Hey, I am on my Linden Home and I was able to change the altitude sky settings on my end.

Edited to add: I had to log out very fast though, I went from 160 fps at my region to 11 at my Linden Home, no thanks.

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
capitalization

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.