Dear clothing merchants...

1 hour ago, Finite said:

PS naming the creators isn't allowed according to this forum's TOS. If it were I would make a post about who are posers and who are legit.

I know that, It doesn't prevent you from sending them a polite direct IM, telling them about your feelings about their products, or leaving a review. Like people normally do.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Quistessa said:

I know that, It doesn't prevent you from sending them a polite direct IM, telling them about your feelings about their products, or leaving a review. Like people normally do.

Yes but I am not sure what your argument is here. Are you saying I shouldn't post a thread in an open forum because you don't agree with it? Because that's how its coming across.

15 minutes ago, Freya Olivieri said:

But again working without proper bakes and UV maps would be trial and error... like painting a picture in the dark. You'd have to be extremely skilled to do that. Personally I couldn't pass that test, but kudos to you if you can.

It's not that hard at all actually. In fact it's how we textured things before mesh was introduced to SL. Here's a full-perm dress I bought that came with maps that I didn't use. https://imgur.com/CcZWg6C

I used diffuse, normals and spec textures.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Finite said:

It's not that hard at all actually. In fact it's how we textured things before mesh was introduced to SL. Here's a full-perm dress I bought that came with maps that I didn't use. https://imgur.com/CcZWg6C

I used diffuse, normals and spec textures.

I am aware of how sculpties worked :) Thankfully, we don't have to do that anymore.

Still you had a full perm dress and access to UV as well as bakes. I wouldn't call that working in blind.

EDIT: also i will add,  since enjoy creating and buying full perm, i can suggest that you open a little store and share your creations with people who can also enjoy them. just an idea 😊

Edited by Freya Olivieri
1 hour ago, Quistessa said:

1 hour ago, Finite said:

Yes but I am not sure what your argument is here. Are you saying I shouldn't post a thread in an open forum because you don't agree with it? Because that's how its coming across.

If you can't take my words in good faith, I will try (and probably fail) to write my sentiments in the clearest form I can before I bow out.

Firstly I neither agree nor disagree with the sentiments in your original post:

On 2/22/2021 at 1:04 PM, Finite said:

... please enable mod on your fatpacks. While I appreciate that you have made a selection of available colors, I'd personally like access to the entire spectrum of RGB than just the ones you have chosen for me. I completely understand why single items are no-mod but do not see the purpose in fatpacks also being no-mod.

Sincerely,

Finite - Avid shopper

Yes, it would be nice if more creators made yes-mod fatpacks. although as people have pointed out there are valid reasons for them not to do so.

Secondly, as you are taking an action (posting in this forum) in furtherance of a goal (attempting to persuade creators to make yes-mod fatpacks of their clothing) I would like to point out that there are more effective actions (direct IMs to specific creators, reviews, creating competing products) you can take in furtherance of your goal in addition to what you are already doing.

-Tessa Out.

1 hour ago, Freya Olivieri said:

I am aware of how sculpties worked :) Thankfully, we don't have to do that anymore.

Still you had a full perm dress and access to UV as well as bakes. I wouldn't call that working in blind.

EDIT: also i will add,  since enjoy creating and buying full perm, i can suggest that you open a little store and share your creations with people who can also enjoy them. just an idea 😊

The UV's were available but I didn't use them. I just used regular textures with their own normals and specs. Not the ones from the UV. This is how we textured prims. I have no idea how sculpties worked to be honest. They really weren't prevalent for long relative to mesh.

Edited by Finite
1 hour ago, Quistessa said:

Secondly, as you are taking an action (posting in this forum) in furtherance of a goal (attempting to persuade creators to make yes-mod fatpacks of their clothing) I would like to point out that there are more effective actions (direct IMs to specific creators, reviews, creating competing products) you can take in furtherance of your goal in addition to what you are already doing.

-Tessa Out.

I think you misinterpret the point to a discussion board. There's really no goal other than to open a discussion. If a creator happens upon it and chimes in (like Freya has) then great. My post isn't meant to change her or anyone else. If they consider my suggestion or request and don't apply it that's great too. It's a just a single perspective from a single player on the forums. Some people like to see how others view things. Even if they don't agree with it. I'm not naive enough to think someone or a group of people are going to change because of something I said. I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with customers. Especially the ones who are also newer players. I once saw a CSR, I think from Genus trying to help a new player. I took a nap and woke up 6 hours later (okay it was more of a weed coma than a nap). They were still trying to help the same person. I don't think me personally would have been able to put up with that. I even put a note in their note box people have in their profile that said "best CSR ever". Anyways, I have my reasons for posting my thoughts here and they have their reasons not to consider them.

2 hours ago, Quistessa said:

This was good faith?

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1