Need advice! Can I do ---- type of question

BlissnBreez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to know if I am allowed to publicise a conversation amongst a group of SL employees and three of us being verbally attacked.

I am also concerned about the erhm Markerting of a specific place in SL using women to bring men in for the owners to 

be able to be all lewd with them, and behind the scenes the lady staffers are treated quite horribly...

please some advice would be greatly appreciated....It was a nerve racking evening to say the least...but I don't want to violate any regulations..

or have me personally attacked...

As i was last night in all of it...

anyways thank you : ) 

This is terribly vague & I can only guess what you are getting at - I don't think you mean LL employees but rather some people "employed" at a club, for want of a better word.   No one can be forced to be anywhere in SL against their will, y'all can just tp out or log off, that includes yourself & those lady staffers.

56 minutes ago, Anita61 Anatine said:

Simple advise if something happens that makes you uncomfortable in any way: Mute/block the avatars, Send abuse report if needed, move to another region, smile and forget about it. Have fun!

And yea, do this. 

If someone say they are Linden employees or alts of Linden employees, they lie. (Edit to add: If they are employees of the land owner, he can fire them if he think they said something wrong. But until then, they can say what they like to you. You can send a notecard to the owner and complain.)

And the other issue, stay out of it. You are not here to be somebody's nanny.

If the staffers are treated horribly, the staffers can leave, of if not, they consent to be there and the treatment. (Probably roleplaying)

Edit to add: If some of the staff sent you a whining IM and asked you to "save" or help them, it was 100% drama or a part of roleplay. They can leave on their own.

The men come there by their own free will, they can leave any minute they want. Nobody need to stay a place in SL and take harassment. The men are playing along and when they get tired of it, they leave.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

Claiming to be a Linden Lab/Linden Research employee is a violation of the ToS/CS. If reported it will get your main and all alts banned from SL. Permanently. Create a new account and LL will eventually find out and you will be banned again. It is as simple as that.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

It was abuse towards staff in the club...three of us...All chicks

I am not sharing chat logs...and i have now go to the sim 3 times and the report doesnt go through.  Called LL now and chat support, and still waiting back.

Lol as for the comments "you can just leave..." you are right, I can, but why should a business here be allowed to continue to operate when they are abusing people in this world...for many SL is quite mich their first life as well and with it are we not somewhat obligated to deal with these issues?  

20 minutes ago, BlissnBreez said:

are we not somewhat obligated to deal with these issues?  

as said by others... go away and find something else.

To be honest i see hardly any breach of TOS in your first post, perhaps only the verbally attack ..( but depends what you mean with it ,and whát they said)
The "Linden" i take for now, on your account as confusion with owners.
Second life has it own inworld laws, the TOS and guidelines ( quite some pages if you read them all) Hurted feelings are rarely worth a AR.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:23 AM, BlissnBreez said:

I am also concerned about the erhm Markerting of a specific place in SL using women to bring men in for the owners to 

be able to be all lewd with them, and behind the scenes the lady staffers are treated quite horribly...

The men go their by choice.  They also have the option to leave at any time.  I can only imagine what you consider lewd but a lot of men actually pay women to be lewd with them.  Big business in SL.  That's the beauty of SL.  If you're not comfortable in any place or situation, you are somewhere else at the touch of a button.

• Like 1

1. No user has any means to check if an Abuse Report has "gone through" or not
  2. Support is - generally speaking - not for reporting abuse
  3. Phone calls are also not the proper channel to report potential abuse within Second Life

Quite frankly you can laugh all you'd like but the harsh reality is that your only options are to file an Abuse Report and move on. That's it - beginning and end.

How you treat Second Life does not factor into it one bit.

Edited by Solar Legion

14 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

No user has any means to check if an Abuse Report has "gone through" or not

Minor correction. The person that filed the AR should receive an email acknowledging receipt of the AR.

There have been times when I have had to make a phone call to HQ because there was no other way. For some things you need to call, like a compromised account. The one time it did happen to me I had my account back in an hour (or less) because I picked up the phone and called.

I'm just saying there are exceptions and LL does make them.

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Minor correction. The person that filed the AR should receive an email acknowledging receipt of the AR.

There have been times when I have had to make a phone call to HQ because there was no other way. For some things you need to call, like a compromised account. The one time it did happen to me I had my account back in an hour (or less) because I picked up the phone and called.

I'm just saying there are exceptions and LL does make them.

Those exceptions are ones that one would expect to be made. A compromised account? Of course you'd be contacting them through more direct channels. Billing error? Same.

Reporting what one views as Abuse? No.

The receipt e-mail is automated and only represents the report having been filed - one possible meaning of the OP's comment on it "going through".

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Those exceptions are ones that one would expect to be made. A compromised account? Of course you'd be contacting them through more direct channels. Billing error? Same.

Reporting what one views as Abuse? No.

The receipt e-mail is automated and only represents the report having been filed - one possible meaning of the OP's comment on it "going through".

That was my point. 🤭

For a simple AR you're not going to get any more response other than the auto-response. It went through but that doesn't mean anyone has read it yet. Depending on any backlog, it could be weeks before it's seen by human eyes. LL gets thousands of ARs per day (on average).

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 4:15 AM, Anita61 Anatine said:

Simple advise if something happens that makes you uncomfortable in any way: Mute/block the avatars, Send abuse report if needed, move to another region, smile and forget about it. Have fun!

And remeber if the ladies at the estrablishment that concerns you feel TV threatened or bothered by what they experience, they have this option as well. Lots of people like to pretend they are being abused whe they sit comfortably in thier own home on thier sofa drinking a diet Coke.

11 hours ago, BlissnBreez said:

for many SL is quite mich their first life as well and with it are we not somewhat obligated to deal with these issues?  

This is true, to a point. You have a right to not be abused in SL, but you do not have a right to try to tell others how to do thier own SL. If a place makes you uncomfortable then go elsewhere. RL is not any different. If you are uncomfortable at strip clubs dont go to them, you dont try to get them to change what they do. True in RL you can often take legal recourse if you are abused on the job. Even that has limits, you have to do the job you were hired for. I can sue my boss if he makes me strip for the customets. A girl hired as a stripper can't. I suspect your issue here is that you were hired to fulfill someone's kinky fantasy and now you don't want to do it and ypu want to keep your job, it ain't gonna happen.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, BlissnBreez said:

women should not be the centre of a verbal attack...this wasn't just one or two messages here...

It is not something gender specific, verbal attack, insult and might occur regardless your gender on different topics at different SIMs.

There is not much thing to do AR and mute / ban from SIM. If they are using alts there is not much choice but ban all alts SL does not provide IP based ban from SIMs.

22 minutes ago, BlissnBreez said:

the people like in RL should be held accountable for their choices and behaviour.  

If you did abuse report LL might or might not take action. Usually they will not interfere.. because getting into every personal argument not possible.. this is why they recommend mute / ban carry on.

Edited by RunawayBunny
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlissnBreez said:

.but if a person is not there to be "abused" at their own desire

Everyone who is there is there voluntarily.  If they don't like how things are going, they need to leave and not return.  Nobody can truly force another to be abused in SL.

There are many folks that do not consider it abusive to talk down to women and there are others that intentionally seek it out.

Your view of how things should be is not the view of everyone in SL.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.