Tracker HUDs

AltynTagh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

On firestorm, I can see your entire profile using the legacy profile.  I can also see your online status with any viewer using an online tracker HUD/script.  What I can't do is see where you are on the grid.

Like I said I don't even know what trackers are out on SL if anyone is using them LL should do something about it since its illegal In a way to track someone in my own opinion. 

• Haha 1

Just now, xxVi3perxx said:

since its illegal In a way to track someone in my own opinion. 

Legality isn't a matter of personal opinion.

If you are online in Second Life, that information is practically public. If someone abuses that to harass you, that is something you'll have to AR.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Like I said I don't even know what trackers are out on SL if anyone is using them LL should do something about it since its illegal In a way to track someone in my own opinion. 

While they are sometimes referred to as "trackers", they are not tracking where you are at, but simply if you are online or not.  It is not illegal to monitor whether or not someone is online.  It is public information, available to everyone via the LSL scripting language -- and it needs to be that way. There is no way to hide that information.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While they are sometimes referred to as "trackers", they are not tracking where you are at, but simply if you are online or not.  It is not illegal to monitor whether or not someone is online.  It is public information, available to everyone via the LSL scripting language -- and it needs to be that way. There is no way to hide that information.

Do you remember when people tried to get it taken away and LL had to come out and say it would break so much content?   yeah it was hopefully shelved for ever.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Orwar said:

That's when we toggle on this and go hide in our hidey hole until they grow bored:

5b3d0df4a1aea1247fb68bbf63005151.png

Even that won't stop some of them. It wouldn't have stopped my stalker ex. For some, the only thing that does stop them is death or prison unless someone intervenes. He was in an out of prison (fed) and no one intervened. The only thing that stopped him was he died. From cancer. 

38 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Not every tracker have malicious intention. :)

Some possible uses:

Informs estate rental owner or employee if people visiting their parcel or SIM, so they can offer help with IM.

Helps shop owner and employee notice if some one visiting their shop so s/he don't have to wait on SIM all day.

1 minute ago, RunawayBunny said:

Not every tracker have malicious intention. :)

Some possible uses:

Informs estate rental owner or employee if people visiting their parcel or SIM, so they can offer help with IM.

Helps shop owner and employee notice if some one visiting their shop so s/he don't have to wait on SIM all day.

True I have a Casper tech one for just tracking my Sim when its having people on there for RP and stuff its helpful as long as its not for bad things.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:45 AM, AltynTagh said:

I literally have had them show up to two sims i was at on an alt, that was not a sim they knew about. My av wasnt wearing any objects granting them permission.

One of the things having a huge stack of alts has revealed to me is that I am a bit more 'obvious' than I might think I am...

Most people who know me can tell if it's one of my alts pretty quickly.

If it happens 2 times in 4 years - I've randomly bumped into the same people more often than that because... we're kind of creatures of habit.

That noted, your profile reveals that you most likely use RLV - so maybe not your alts, but you yourself could have at some point handed over one more perm than was ideal. I see you use Wendy's system, so you're pretty safe there, but did you always use it, or did you switch to it from the 'other system'. Because if you used to use the other system, the odds that you accidentally handed someone too many perms are much higher...

It's not so much that folks here are deluded, it's that some of them have actually looked at the code. Some of them actually have used those tracking methods that do work (RLV) and know their limits, some of the folks here might even be merchants that make and sell such things.

LASTLY:

It's also possible to hand someone permissions to find you on the map. Look at your friend and 'contact sets' panel in people and make sure the individual in question isn't listed in one of them. Not sure if you can give this permission to a non-friend. I think you can but need to test that.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.