Houseboat is missing and will not let me rez another one

sidekick Petion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Try resetting the controller (the life preserver) by clicking and holding until you see a message that it is resetting. Once it says that, wait a minute (at least) before trying to rez a home. If that doesn't work, contact Support. 

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

Note that you can use Live Chat during the hours of 6 AM - 2 PM SLT. Otherwise, you will need to file a ticket.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

This is becoming a common phenomenon lately. I’ve been putting in tickets on parcels that I’m not intending to keep. I wish I could leave a note for the next landowner. “”Don’t worry, this will be fixed. I put in a ticket for you!”

Make a texture that says that and use it in the parcel settings.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Moles

I hope we've just fixed this problem with the houseboats and the rezzer.   

Please try re-rezzing one, and if it doesn't work, drop me a slurl or LM in world and I'll take a look, but I've put out an update to the rezzer which, unless the updater drone missed some regions (which can happen), should cure the problem on all regions.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• Moles
5 hours ago, Saazerac Atheria said:

Quartz, I searched for you, but can't find you in world. I'm still experiencing this issue--what's the best way to reach you, please? Thank you!

If I'm offline, my IMs go to email, so just find me in search and IM  me, please.    I'll see it soon enough.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I hope we've just fixed this problem with the houseboats and the rezzer.   

Please try re-rezzing one, and if it doesn't work, drop me a slurl or LM in world and I'll take a look, but I've put out an update to the rezzer which, unless the updater drone missed some regions (which can happen), should cure the problem on all regions.

I thought it was odd that I started encountering Trads that refused to rez properly. It’s like when the first log home regions were released and there would be two houses instead of one. I guess this is payback for all the hopping I do. 😉

• Haha 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I thought it was odd that I started encountering Trads that refused to rez properly. It’s like when the first log home regions were released and there would be two houses instead of one. I guess this is payback for all the hopping I do. 😉

The log homes I know about -- that was an issue with the House Controller -- and this was an issue that specifically affected Houseboats, though it was associated with the rezzer containing the new stilt homes.    I'm not aware of any similar problems with the Trads, though, unless you mean they were rezzing only partially, as sometimes happens with complex mesh objects.

• Like 1

• Moles
10 hours ago, Saazerac Atheria said:

Quartz, I searched for you, but can't find you in world. I'm still experiencing this issue--what's the best way to reach you, please? Thank you!

Thanks for the message.   The updater drone had missed some regions (if a region is offline, that messes things up because it can't cross it), but I've now traced where that particular drone dropped off the map (we send out fleets of them) and all the affected regions should now be updated.   Yours certainly is, and I can rez houseboats on your parcel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

If I'm offline, my IMs go to email, so just find me in search and IM  me, please.    I'll see it soon enough.

Search doesn't always work even for avatars not hidden.  I've filed a jira on this but as of yet, no fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, Quartz Mole said:

The log homes I know about -- that was an issue with the House Controller -- and this was an issue that specifically affected Houseboats, though it was associated with the rezzer containing the new stilt homes.    I'm not aware of any similar problems with the Trads, though, unless you mean they were rezzing only partially, as sometimes happens with complex mesh objects.

It’s something that has happened in recent weeks with the Trads. I wasn’t able to reset the controller on the houses I encountered. It seemed like a particular house would be the issue. I had an Adams house that wouldn’t derez, but the other 3 styles would rez on top of it. Then it was the same situation with the Winchester. I’m not sure if restarting the region fixed those situations. I wasn’t able to reach live chat, so I filed a ticket on the first one. I abandoned the second one. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.