I purchased a avatar Jake from Belleza store.

Rickhfx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The Avatar came with a head and body. Each have a color change Hud.  The head color Hud does not work. I can not get any reply from the store or maker.

The body and head have two different colors, avatar is unusable.   Has anyone else been defrauded by Belleze?    Lost a ton of money on this brand, not only on avatar but all the clothes' to go with it, money down the drain.   Just appalled.     HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rickhfx
edit
  • Haha 1

23 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Rickhfx said:

The Avatar came with a head and body. Each have a color change Hud.  The head color Hud does not work. I can not get any reply from the store or maker.

The body and head have two different colors, avatar is unusable.   Has anyone else been defrauded by Belleze?    Lost a ton of money on this brand, not only on avatar but all the clothes' to go with it, money down the drain.   Just appalled.     HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Belleza doesn't come with a head.  What mesh head do you own?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rickhfx said:

image.png.aa05e0e88751fd8a86792463ffb41154.png

Okay, drama llama. You bought the body and NO head. Belleza does not make heads, and they do not sell heads. They never have and probably never will.
But you did get a SKIN APPLIER to use on a CATWA (not Belleza) head by the name of Daniel plus system hair which in this case would work as an eyebrow shaper (shown above the applier). Go to the Catwa store and find that head if you are bent on using that head. Alternatively, find a different head to use.

Your body is fine, nothing wrong with it, your clothes still fit, you just need a head just like the hundreds, maybe thousands of other residents that bought Jake. 

Oh, and from now on, try a DEMO before you buy anything. In the case of Jake, it's in the shopping bag that sits in front of that vendor.
If you had gotten the demo before spending L$ 2,999 you would have known what you'd be buying, and not be coming here, accusing a well-renowned store of defrauding customers.

image.png.2455ac50f13b7f0e7a7f287b2a9f1e96.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
Typos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rickhfx said:

I see the product add I expect it to be a full avatar head and all.  Where in the add does it say no head ?

Belleza ad DOES NOT SAY that package have a head.it clearly Saya Belleza Jake BODY

Edited by Panteleeva

1 minute ago, Rickhfx said:

My file does not say  SKIN APPLIER to use on a CATWA but you get no head. show me in the add where that is stated?

yes.they give you a where to start from. They give you skin to use on head you supposed TO BUY.Catwa is another brand which only makes heads.  Because Jake body+Catwa head is popular combo

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rickhfx said:

My file does not say  SKIN APPLIER to use on a CATWA but you get no head. show me in the add where that is stated?

Your ignorance of how mesh heads and bodies are sold is NOT the fault of the creator.  If you had read anything anywhere in regards to mesh body parts, you would have been aware of how they are sold.  Blaming the creator for your mistake?  Just stop.

1 hour ago, Rickhfx said:

How rude, I read everything in the store, the add I saw the in store picture, I read the included notes, I did not know they had hidden the heads in an other room behind the avatar. 

Unlike other stores it is clear that you need to buy both, they are side by side,    not in a different room in the same store.  clear false advertising you would never get away with it , what country are you from?

Seriously you live where you can run an add and not include that "non included objects in picture"?

SL does not agree with your idea of the truth in advertising, and ether do other sellers in SL.   I know for a fact. 

Funny thing is, if it were such a big issue, more people would be here complaining about it.  People demo, people ask before they buy, people research before they buy.  As I said,  just because YOU did none of these things does not lay the blame on the creator.  

Any heads "hidden" at Belleza are not made by Belleza as you will certainly find out.  They may allow head creators to set up a vendor in their store for convenience.  

Please stop assuming YOUR failure is anyone else's fault.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rickhfx said:

Mine does not say DEMO

3 hours ago, Rickhfx said:

So i see the avatar in the add with a head ,If it said head was a DEMO or my file said demo i would understand

You've learned an important lesson for SL. When you're purchasing a big ticket item like a mesh head or mesh body there will always be a free demo available, which is there for you to try out so you can ensure it's right for you before you fork out for the full priced item.

You wouldn't buy a new car without taking it for a test drive. In SL the demo is the test drive.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

Skell agrees , buyer beware.    You can't trust SL.

What countries do you live in, the USA?  Sad you have no consumer laws.

What you advertise for a price is what you get in my country.   So much more consumer friendly and honest.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rickhfx said:

Skell agrees , buyer beware.    You can't trust SL.

That is not what I said.

The lesson that you learned was not that you can't trust SL. It was that - when a creator offers you a completely free demo of a big ticket item, for you to try out and make sure that item is the right thing for you - you should get that demo and try it out before you pay money for the full priced version.

The free demo was right there in front of the big ad board, as indicated in Fritigern's image. You chose not to get it and try it out to find out what it contained. And now you're blaming the creator for your decision not to 'try before you buy', when they offered you every chance to do that without paying any money upfront.

• Like 2

Rick, I'm sorry that your purchase has frustrated you. But the other replies are correct.  In SL, the standard practice is that mesh bodies and mesh heads are sold separately, and usually by different creators at that.  Trying a few demos of heads and bodies before buying one would have made that clear to you.

The whole area of avatar appearance has become such a confusing one, because over the years new SL capabilities have been added, without deleting any of the old methods. This means that some things will work with others, and other things won't. Because it's all so complicated, almost everyone advises newcomers (and non-newcomers!) to TRY DEMOS, especially for expensive things.

One cheerful thought: You can use your Jake body WITHOUT having to buy a mesh head. I used my mesh body for years before finally pairing it up with a mesh head.

• Like 2

How rude, I read everything in the store, the add I saw the in store picture, I read the included notes, I did not know they had hidden the heads in an other room behind the avatar. 

Unlike other stores it is clear that you need to buy both, they are side by side,    not in a different room in the same store.  clear false advertising you would never get away with it , what country are you from?

Seriously you live where you can run an add and not include that "non included objects in picture"?

SL does not agree with your idea of the truth in advertising, and ether do other sellers in SL.   I know for a fact. 

• Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.