Issue with hands ?

saemantha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. Hope everyone is well and staying safe🙂

I think I may have an issue with my hands.  I have the Maitreya Lara body V4.1 with a choice of either the classic hands or the bento hands.

The problem started after I tried on a demo outfit and subsequently removed it. It was then that I noticed I now had a black band, like a wrist band on each wrist ??

I have tried the following :

Removing all my clothes and changing outfits/Teleporting to know low lag sims/Relogging/Clearing all my caches and relogging/ Have also checked in my inventory to see if im wearing anything strange but nothing?

I then tried removing the Lara body and the bands were still there.  Then I tried removing my hands and the black bands went so I deleted all my existing hands and rezzed new ones but the bands are still there when I attach the new hands???

Is it maybe because my version of Lara is old and has given up the ghost?  I have attached a pic to show the issue. Thanks in advance for any help you can give 🙂

HAND ISSUE_001.png

4 hours ago, saemantha said:

Hi. Hope everyone is well and staying safe🙂

I think I may have an issue with my hands.  I have the Maitreya Lara body V4.1 with a choice of either the classic hands or the bento hands.

The problem started after I tried on a demo outfit and subsequently removed it. It was then that I noticed I now had a black band, like a wrist band on each wrist ??

I have tried the following :

Removing all my clothes and changing outfits/Teleporting to know low lag sims/Relogging/Clearing all my caches and relogging/ Have also checked in my inventory to see if im wearing anything strange but nothing?

I then tried removing the Lara body and the bands were still there.  Then I tried removing my hands and the black bands went so I deleted all my existing hands and rezzed new ones but the bands are still there when I attach the new hands???

Is it maybe because my version of Lara is old and has given up the ghost?  I have attached a pic to show the issue. Thanks in advance for any help you can give 🙂

HAND ISSUE_001.png

If you're using BOM on your body, check to be sure you don't have a clothing or glove layer on.  Your arm looks darker than your hand too.  You could also turn off any layers on the maitreya hud if you aren't using bom.

Just because I am curious, why not update, since you know it is old?

You have an Omega relay visible. Have you used an applier with the demo? I agree with Rowan, you should turn off all clothing layers. Do not forget to turn off the layers on hands, the tattoo and glove layers.

Do you know what BoM is? I do not know that versions used BoM. Maybe it does, and you accidentally turned it on.

You have looked for something "strange" you have on, have you looked for a layer, like a tattoo layer or a clothing layer?

• Like 1

Hi and thanks for the answers.

Just to verify a few points raised.  Yes I know what BOM is and I cant use it with this version of the Lara Body so im not wearing any BOM.

I believe that if its not broken then why try to fix it?  Up until now I have had no issues with this version of Lara and I dont see the point in changing stuff around just to keep up with the Jones's 🙂 although it could be said that it is broken so it needs fixing and yes I have methodically gone through everything to see if im wearing "something" odd however ............

As suggested I did go back to the hud and checked settings.  It appears that the glove layer had somehow been activated so turning it off has solved this issue.

Thanks to all that replied, much appreciated and problem solved 😎

34 minutes ago, saemantha said:

I believe that if its not broken then why try to fix it?  Up until now I have had no issues with this version of Lara and I dont see the point in changing stuff around just to keep up with the Jones's

You could look at it that way, or you could also consider "Why try to improve it?" because Maitreya have added multiple improvements to the body. If you're using a version that's so old it can't even accept BoM then you're missing out on:

• much lower complexity
  • hands and feet both now attached to the body instead of separate add-ons (which frees up attachment points)
  • separate save sticks for appliers and alphas so you can have a save stick for each outfit if you want (no longer limited to the ones on the HUD)
  • additional parameters for gloss, emvironment, intensity, transparency, mask etc.
  • ability to set glow, full-bright, tint reset, additional environment effects etc.
  • all the new Glam Affair skintones
  • new nipple shapes and preset textures
  • all included skins now with BoM layers
  • two new foot height options
  • option to set foot heights differently on each foot (great for photography, if you're into that)
  • materials presets (including HD ones)
  • new mesh lingerie from Erratic
  • redelivery button on the HUD

And that was just in the v5.1 update alone. Hands and feet were attached to the body itself in a previous update. In addition, updates usually feature bugfixes, so they're always worth getting, even if you've not yet encountered the issues those fixed were intended for.

• Like 4

Hi Skell.  Ok youve convinced me 🙂 will go get the update. Will greatly improve the looks of my stockings too by the looks of it, my favourite clothing, so off I go to Maitryeya.

Thanks 🤪

Well heres an update.  Got the Lara 5.3 and I cannoit for the hell of me work out how to apply BOM ???? other systems are dead easy. you just add the body and its ready to go. All my BOM clothing is just adding to my original av underneath as I can see this when i take off the Lara body alpha.  No instructions whatsoever and the blog basically just explains what things do not how to do them.  I think I have to activate BOM for the body but how in gods name do you do that ???

Edited by saemantha

Will check that out and thanks.. It says if I have BOM activated?? appliers seem to work ok so im wondering if this Lara version 5.3 is actually BOM compatable. It cant be as none of the stuff is working.  I am far from an idiot and I am more than capable of sorting most things out.  This is supposed to be simple !! its not

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.