PREVIEWING BOM TATTOO ISSUES

Amberlynn444

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having issues when attempting to preview a tattoo texture on my avatar. Since it is BOM, the body does not rezz the tattoo when you try to view the texture through local. I have read here that you can get the texture ID and plug it in, but that has not worked for me either. I have tried to get into the avanti site, but every time I try, I am moved elsewhere with a message that says the destination is not available. Does anyone who creates BOM tattoo layers have any further suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Edited by Amberlynn444
clarity

I use this script to get the UUID of a local texture:

{
    changed (integer changes)
    {
        if (changes & CHANGED_TEXTURE)
        {
            key texture = llList2Key (llGetLinkPrimitiveParams (LINK_THIS, [PRIM_TEXTURE, 0]), 0);
            if (texture) llOwnerSay ("The UUID of the texture on face 0 is \"" + (string) texture + "\".");
            else llOwnerSay ("You do not have permission to see this texture's UUID.");
        }
    }
}

Rez a cube and paste this into a new script inside it.

Face 0 is the upwards facing face on a cube that hasn't been rotated. When you change any texture on the cube it'll chat the UUID of the texture on face 0 to you.

I've no idea what you need to do with the UUID once you've got it.

But yeah, being BoM, I guess the bake server won't know anything about the texture itself, so it won't be able to bake it. Perhaps you can just apply it directly to an onion skin layer on your target.

I don't know what access issues are like on the beta grid, Aditi, right now, but if you can get in you can at least upload stuff to test at no cost.

Edited by KT Kingsley

Thank you for your response. I had also tried this method with the same result. 😞

Since posting, I attempted an upper body tattoo and was able to actually view preview it-but anything I do on the bottom half is still blurry. I guess I will keep trying Aditi because that appears to be my only option. Can you elaborate on what you meant by applying directly to onion skin layer? Thanks again!

Edited by Amberlynn444

Most mesh bodies pre-BoM had a few skins stacked on top of each other to accommodate things like tattoos textures over skin textures. I think some BoM mesh bodies may retain an additional layer like that. So if you have a pre-BoM body (or a post-BoM one with an extra layer) you could try using that to preview your tattoos.

The way I get around this using my Maitreya body is to make an applier using the UUID of the local texture. I then use the applier to apply the tattoo to the tattoo add-on layer. Once you do this then changes you make to the texture on your computer will show up on the tattoo layer because you're not using a BoM bake. Once I'm happy with the results I then upload the texture and make a BoM system layer using the texture.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:13 PM, Tarani Tempest said:

Since I have updated my viewer to the most recent version (I use FS),  I no longer have a problem with testing temp textures in BOM mode. I no longer need to go the route of testing on an applier layer first :)

So, this is my way of saying.... update your viewer , if you have not already.

That's awesome. I've been having such a hard time getting in world these days I've not been aware that I needed to update. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.